What SSD brand should i get?

loepa

I'm confused what to get.

I'm looking for 120GB~ SSD and I'm not sure which to get either im getting Intel 330 120GB or OCZ vertex 4 or Samsung 840 or Samsung 830.

I Prefer High Reliability and longer SSD life.

(Crucial and samsung is not available yet in my coutry,im not sure if those brand ssd not available in my country or just not available at retailer).

im in tight budget around 100-120 in US dollar.

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

Honestly, you are going to hate this advice, but they're all good reliable brands and you probably wont be able to tell much of a difference between them performance wise in a real world scenario.

As for reliability, the OCZ Vertex 4 has a 5 year warranty, whereas both Intel and Samsung only give you a 3 year warranty. Unless your writing 25GB+ to your SSD everyday it will last a very along time.

I personally have a Vertex 4 and the only gripe I had with it was the firmware updates were destructive when I first got it but OCZ said that the firmware updates would not be destructive after 1.4 I believe.

ahh i see... thx for the advice im kinda ready for this kind of advice

thx mate

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

Honestly, you are going to hate this advice, but they're all good reliable brands and you probably wont be able to tell much of a difference between them performance wise in a real world scenario.

As for reliability, the OCZ Vertex 4 has a 5 year warranty, whereas both Intel and Samsung only give you a 3 year warranty. Unless your writing 25GB+ to your SSD everyday it will last a very along time.

I personally have a Vertex 4 and the only gripe I had with it was the firmware updates were destructive when I first got it but OCZ said that the firmware updates would not be destructive after 1.4 I believe.

Most ssd makers offer a high end solution that comes with a 5 year warranty :) both samsung and intel offer 5 year warranty on some of there ssds

I own a Sandisk Extreame 128GB SSD and i love it its fast so far reliable and I dont see why you shoudlent consider Sandisk they have been making flash chips forever

Yes they do but they aren't exactly in the same price range as the Vertex 4. So that's why I excluded them from my post.

I own a Vertex 4 and a Samsung 830 but like Norco said, there all getting so close in quality now that value is more important.

AMD Phenom II 955BE 4GHz@1.4v

Corsair H100 w/ Silverstone AP122

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 NB@2600MHz

G.Skill 2x4GB 7-7-7-21

XFX HD5870 Crossfire

128GB OCZ Vertex 4

2TB WD Green Raid 0

Corsair AX850

Cooler Master HAF 912 Advanced

OCZ vertex 4 128GB is around 133$

Intel 330 120GB is around 103$

sandisk Extreme 128GB is around 124$

(all prices are converted from my currency to US Dollar)

samsung SSD is currently not available in my country as far as i know (i've been looking at few retailer and none of them have it)

so i should probably get intel 330 120GB?

I have a Kingston HyperX 3K and I love it. Its my boot drive and I boot up in mere seconds.

I have a Kingston HyperX 3K and I love it. Its my boot drive and I boot up in mere seconds.

I would buy a Kingston SSD to I did some builds for friends with this SSD as boot drive and they all are happy with this solution, because if reliability and these ultimate speed.

If money isn't really an option then go for an Intel, however I have been running a Samsung SSD 840 for a while in my rig and it's great. Samsung make all of their own parts and have had good reliability over the past few years.

Most SSD's should last a while with optimizations. However try not to keep benchmarking it. ;)

AMD FX 6300 4.0GHz, Noctua NH-UB9 ASUS GTX 650 Ti DirectCUII, 12 GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz CL9. Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 Samsung SSD 840 120GB, Hitachi Ultrastar 7200RPM 500GB HDD. 450W XFX Pro 80+ Bronze housed in a CM Silencio 550.

Get Kingston SSD. I have the HyperX 3K. Super fast. Cheap too! Either way any ssd would do. It is a must have component in any build.

One of the slightly older Intel SSDs (the newer ones aren't the best), a Samsung, OCZ or Kingston

I've been running an Intel 510 120 GB for a year and a half now and I recommend it. I also installed a 180 GB Intel 520 into my Mom's PC a week ago and she loves it - No bugs, no lockups, no issues and Ferrari-like speed for both. For me, it's Intel or nothing. Check out the latest Intel 335 240 GB 20nm! Less than US$200. 3 Year warranty and MTBF 1.2 million hours. (CPU Magazine, January 2013 p. 23)

So it's better if I just wait until Samsung 830 is available and check the price for it?

i think i can go a little over my budget :)

Samsung, sandisk, intel or plextor are all good. All make their own memory so they have much tighter tolerances.

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD

OCZ vertex 4 128GB is around 133$ Intel 330 120GB is around 103$ sandisk Extreme 128GB is around 124$ (all prices are converted from my currency to US Dollar) samsung SSD is currently not available in my country as far as i know (i've been looking at few retailer and none of them have it) so i should probably get intel 330 120GB?

no i dont think you should get the intel 330, its a older generation with slower speeds, not as long warranty, i would recommend spending a little extra and getting the intel 520, what is about $125 (Australia)

intel 520 in my country is about 40$ more expensive than 330 so i'm not sure about it... But it will be in my consideration list.

OCZ and Samsung are going to be rock solid choices for an ssd, they're going to last and imo they're better than intel as they have better read and write times and they dont rip you off, but yeah theyre pretty much the same

I have an OCZ Vertex 4 256GB SSD and it is great. I tested it's read/write speeds in comparison to even my WD Raptor 150GB HDD and it blew it away. The Raptor got a read/write speed of 118/110(MB/s) where my Vertex 4 got a read/ write speed of 494/489(MB/s). I can't stress how much faster my system loads anything and everything with it.

This being my first SSD I am partial to OCZ, my brother also has an OCZ Vertex 4 just the 128GB version and it's amazing as well. Not one issue with either of them. Also I got my 256GB version for $169.99 brand new from Micro Center and the 128GB version was $110.00 from Newegg.com.

Honestly, most are really good. Sanforce drives no longer have problems that used to plague them. As long as if the drive is from 2012 you will be fine. If you want performance here is a reliable graph. For personal preference I would get a Samsung 840 Pro, even though I own a Vertex 4.

sbv1_busyrate.png

I would personally suggest the Vertex 4 out of your own list, mostly because of the 5 year warrenty.. :)

(Comming soon)

I agree with Winther. Beside of the 5 year warranty of the vertex 4, they perform really good and the prices are ok. Have to take a look Intel 335 or Vector from OCZ ?