Motherboard for old Processor (Pentium 4)

Go to solution Solved by Lurick,
1 minute ago, Archetype117 said:

Ok. thanks anyway

Search for the Intel D945GCCR Micro ATX Socket 775 board on eBay. There is one listed there for $30 with free shipping.

hi

I need help selecting a motherboard for an intel Pentium 4 630. I don't care what features it has I just need one that is compatible with a Pentium 4 640 processor. Also, if it helps the machine will run windows xp for personal reasons.

Most socket 775 boards should work just fine with that processor. Something like the ASUS P5P800 LGA 775 can be found on ebay and whatnot for around $50

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Do you

Just now, keNNySOC said:

Any LGA 775 motherboard

Just now, Lurick said:

Most socket 775 boards should work just fine with that processor. Something like the ASUS P5P800 LGA 775 can be found on ebay and whatnot for around $50

Thanks for the answers but I'm on a tight budget for a retro build. Any way I can get a cheaper board?

Just now, Archetype117 said:

Thanks for the answers but I'm on a tight budget for a retro build. Any way I can get a cheaper board?

Honestly you're just going to have to poke around used sites for any 775 board but most of the ones I saw were around $40 and up. There was a listing I did stumble across that had the processor, board, and RAM for $50 so maybe you'll find one for $25 but since I can't post ebay links on the site you'll have to poke around :(

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

Honestly you're just going to have to poke around used sites for any 775 board but most of the ones I saw were around $40 and up. There was a listing I did stumble across that had the processor, board, and RAM for $50 so maybe you'll find one for $25 but since I can't post ebay links on the site you'll have to poke around :(

Ok. thanks anyway

1 minute ago, Archetype117 said:

Ok. thanks anyway

Search for the Intel D945GCCR Micro ATX Socket 775 board on eBay. There is one listed there for $30 with free shipping.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

intel made mobos back in the day

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

Thanks. found one that's $20. buying it now.  thanks for the help