Gtx 1080 @ 1440p

DutchTexan
1 minute ago, DutchTexan said:

Well the way I see it is... one could be interested in a corvette and a Ferrari. For the money a corvette is much more intelligent in terms of price/performance. In the same breath, there are things that a Ferrari can do what a Corvette wont be able to. Then on the other other hand there is Porsche. A 2017 Porsche 911 Turbo S would completely out do the corvette and just slightly lose to a say a Ferrari 488. The Corvette I would say is a 1060, the turbo 911 is a 1070 and then 1080 would be a Ferrari 488. 

It’s not that the Ferrari is unattainable or out of budget so to say, but there is something to be said about what Porsche delivers for the money, in the same way a Corvette is a great value for money, but without the degree of engineering excellence or performance available in a Porsche 911 Turbo S.

You know?

yes, i understand...but corvette are faster than any porche...but that's another story :P

a friend of my father has a corvette Z06 and that thing is litterally as fast or faster than a top-end lamborghini or a ferrari.

But you know, for 1440p...the GTX 1070 makes a lot of sense it will last a couple years of happy gaming...i would hunt for one at good price...with a 3rd party cooler on it..and i would put a sweet spot overclock on it and call it a day...and in a year and a half or two years from now if you want more performance you sell it for 260$ online and order a GTX 1270.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

8 minutes ago, DutchTexan said:

To be honest, I don’t really understand the content you two are disputing, but you are not producing a good argument, philosophically

if there was a 1080ti close you would be crazy not to wait. There's just no reason for one to be close unless Nvidia wakes up tomorrow and decide they hate money xD 

The 1080 and Pascal Titan X sell for the price Nvidia asks as fast as they are made. The 1080ti would too, but would make Nvidia less money than the Titan X. And with no competition for ether, you can see why there is little chance of a 1080ti anytime soon. 

Which sucks, because depending on its configuration it could be pretty cool.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

yes, i understand...but corvette are faster than any porche...but that's another story :P

a friend of my father has a corvette Z06 and that thing is litterally as fast or faster than a top-end lamborghini or a ferrari.

But you know, for 1440p...the GTX 1070 makes a lot of sense it will last a couple years of happy gaming...i would hunt for one at good price...with a 3rd party cooler on it..and i would put a sweet spot overclock on it and call it a day...and in a year and a half or two years from now if you want more performance you sell it for 260$ online and order a GTX 1270.

Yes the z06 is an excellent proposition, but in anything off a track it isn’t as usable as a 911. I would much rather spend my money on z06 with the nice interior. BUT on the other hand the Porsche 918 kinda kills the z06, but the 918 would be in the 1080ti category. 

I think I will watch the market and see how things go for the 1070. I should be able to find a solid one around $430, but then again that 1080ti sounds interesting. 

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

GPU — AMD RX 7900 XTX - XFX Speedster Merc 310 Black Edition - 24GB GDDR6

Monitor — Acer Predator XB271HU - 2560x1440 165Hz IPS 4ms

CPU Cooler — Noctua NH-D15

Motherboard — Gigabyte B650 GAMING X AX V2

Memory — 32GB G.Skill Flare X5 - 6000mHz CL32

Storage — WD Black - 2TB HDD

— Seagate SkyHawk - 2TB HDD

— Samsung 850 EVO - 250GB SSD

— WD Blue - 500GB M.2 SSD

— Samsung 990 PRO w/HS - 4TB M.2 SSD

Case — Fractal Design Define R6 TG

PSU — EVGA SuperNOVA G3 - 850W 80+ Gold 

Case Fans — 2(120mm) Noctua NF-F12 PWM - exhaust

— 3(140mm) Noctua NF-A14 PWM - intake

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Headphones — Sennheiser HD600

Extras — Glorious PC Gaming Race - Mouse Wrist Rest  

— Glorious PC Gaming Race - XXL Extended Mouse Pad - 36" x 18"

— Max Keyboard Flacon-20 keypad - Cherry MX blue switches

1 minute ago, App4that said:

if there was a 1080ti close you would be crazy not to wait. There's just no reason for one to be close unless Nvidia wakes up tomorrow and decide they hate money xD 

The 1080 and Pascal Titan X sell for the price Nvidia asks as fast as they are made. The 1080ti would too, but would make Nvidia less money than the Titan X. And will no competition for ether, you can see why there is little chance of a 1080ti anytime soon. 

Which sucks, because depending on its configuration it could be pretty cool.

I think you are right. I never understood what I have heard about the last generation titan x and the 980ti. Why would a company cut their potential customer base into a less profitable category? 

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Just now, DutchTexan said:

Yes the z06 is an excellent proposition, but in anything off a track it isn’t as usable as a 911. I would much rather spend my money on z06 with the nice interior. BUT on the other hand the Porsche 918 kinda kills the z06, but the 918 would be in the 1080ti category. 

he bought the car in washington or something...and the first oil change last only 300 miles on this and you have to change it...so he was able to bring it back to quebec but had to visit the dealership right away for the oil change...and then the tires are good for about 2000 miles and you have to change them, and he told me they cost 1899$ each :P that's a crazy expensive machine to run...very unpraticle.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

I think you are right. I never understood what I have heard about the last generation titan x and the 980ti. Why would a company cut their potential customer base into a less profitable category? 

Thank the Fury X, the 980ti was placed in the market to kill the Fury X. And that it did.

So no competition, no 1080ti.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Just now, i_build_nanosuits said:

he bought the car in washington or something...and the first oil change last only 300 miles on this and you have to change it...so he was able to bring it back to quebec but had to visit the dealership right away for the oil change...and then the tires are good for about 2000 miles and you have to change them, and he told me they cost 1899$ each :P that's a crazy expensive machine to run...very unpraticle.

For that level of performance it is actually reasonable, hilariously. Ferraris and Lamborghinis are much much worse. Not just because it is complicated to change the oil and service and maintain and just about everything... it is even more expensive because you have to basically go to ‘brand name’ workshops. If you don’t pay for what seems like a designer oil change price then the next person to purchase the vehicle will see that in the records and take thousands off the value of the car.

But tell him some guy from Texas said he’s a boss for purchasing a z06. Everyone talks about it, but not that many people actually go and buy a vehicle like that. Regardless of income.

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

5 minutes ago, App4that said:

Thank the Fury X, the 980ti was placed in the market to kill the Fury X. And that it did.

So no competition, no 1080ti.

Makes sense. The 480 was released in a bracket with no competition, just like the 1080 and 1070. Now the 1060 probably kills the 480 when the price and availability settles down so AMD should release the 490 soon then, No? Or would AMD go the other direction and offer cheaper products that nvidia hasn’t ventured toward?

Seems like Nvidia is just playing monopoly to be honest

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

30 minutes ago, App4that said:

If you think Nvidia makes more money off selling more, why 1200 for the Titan X?

Oh wait, this is the really real world where people are paying it. Not make believe land of feels. xD 

Good luck with that day dream of yours, I want in if you get it to happen ;) 

Do we have sales figures on Maxwell Titan X vs 980 Ti?

Because from my internet browsing experience alone and seeing what people have or what they're looking at, I'd say the 980 Ti sold at least 20x more units.

There's about at least 20 people with 980 Ti's for every person I see with a Maxwell Titan X, and that was $200 cheaper than Pascal X.

$1000 and above is like the 0.1% for GPU's, where the 980 Ti was at $650. 

Who the fuck paid $1000 for a Maxwell X when the 980 Ti performed just as well for $350 less? Some retards is who.

The Pascal X is is going to be the same story, a card for stupid people with no patience and more money than sense.

Even if the profit margin on Ti's is smaller, Nvidia makes more money overall because they sell way more of them.

Nvidia knows the Titan's are not even close to where they're going to be making the majority of their money.

This is why they will want to release a product that will make them more money, like the 1080 Ti.

Also, it's pretty obvious that you make the most money in the $300-$400 range, seeing that's where Nvidia and AMD's best selling GPU's are.

I'm sure we can tell just how few people own Titan's compared to everything else by review counts on Newegg, Amazon, etc.

It would give a rough idea.

Or Steam hardware survey.

5 minutes ago, DutchTexan said:

For that level of performance it is actually reasonable, hilariously. Ferraris and Lamborghinis are much much worse. Not just because it is complicated to change the oil and service and maintain and just about everything... it is even more expensive because you have to basically go to ‘brand name’ workshops. If you don’t pay for what seems like a designer oil change price then the next person to purchase the vehicle will see that in the records and take thousands off the value of the car.

But tell him some guy from Texas said he’s a boss for purchasing a z06. Everyone talks about it, but not that many people actually go and buy a vehicle like that. Regardless of income.

it's defenetly a very special car...he had to put his name on a list and everything in order to get one...he waited for over a year to get one available and he didnt even got to pick the color...but luckily for him it's the nice blue one...it looks awesome...he's not even driving it much...it's sitting in his garage...he has 2 other corvette i think they are 2007 and 2010 or something like that...he drive the 2010 a lot it's a black one but not a racing model it's more the standard corvette.

here is facebook a picture of his car...she's amazing...my dad is supposed to take a ride with him someday:

13914078_1721929068058871_28062077673033

This is the black one he take to go to work

1512700_1391012944483820_472328363_n.jpg

it's defenetly a very special car...he had to put his name on a list and everything in order to get one...he waited for over a year to get one available and he didnt even got to pick the color...but luckily for him it's the nice blue one...it looks awesome...he's not even driving it much...it's sitting in his garage...he has 2 other corvette i think they are 2007 and 2010 or something like that...he drive the 2010 a lot it's a black one but not a racing model it's more the standard corvette.

here is facebook a picture of his car...she's amazing...my dad is supposed to take a ride with him someday:

13914078_1721929068058871_28062077673033

This is the black one he take to go to work

1512700_1391012944483820_472328363_n.jpg

I am glad he didn’t get the satin or blacked out wheels for his c7 z06. I think those are so ugly. The rims he has are the ones I would want to have on a collector example. Is it the manual 7 speed? 

Y’all’re in Canada too, that’s really impressive. Yeah, that c5 convertible I would daily the shit out of too. I’ve driven the hardtop of that generation and its an astounding amount of car for the money. Especially if you get one used. The z06 model for the c5 isn’t that far off from the base vs the c6 base and z06 are completely different. 

He has my respect

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

1 minute ago, DutchTexan said:

I am glad he didn’t get the satin or blacked out wheels for his c7 z06. I think those are so ugly. The rims he has are the ones I would want to have on a collector example. Is it the manual 7 speed? 

Y’all’re in Canada too, that’s really impressive. Yeah, that c5 convertible I would daily the shit out of too. I’ve driven the hardtop of that generation and its an astounding amount of car for the money. Especially if you get one used. The z06 model for the c5 isn’t that far off from the base vs the c6 base and z06 are completely different. 

He has my respect

yes she's manual...i don't know if it's 7 speed i'm not too savy about corvette but i know it's a very special very fast car...so 7 speed sounds about right :P

yes we are in canada, and he had to drive to the state to get the car and bring it back, and he did drove the car back to canada that i'm 100% sure of...and he had a lot of trouble finding one, availability on these is very limited.

12 minutes ago, Hunched said:

Do we have sales figures on Maxwell Titan X vs 980 Ti?

Because from my internet browsing experience alone and seeing what people have or what they're looking at, I'd say the 980 Ti sold at least 20x more units.

There's about at least 20 people with 980 Ti's for every person I see with a Maxwell Titan X, and that was $200 cheaper than Pascal X.

$1000 and above is like the 0.1% for GPU's, where the 980 Ti was at $650. 

Who the fuck paid $1000 for a Maxwell X when the 980 Ti performed just as well for $350 less? Some retards is who.

The Pascal X is is going to be the same story, a card for stupid people with no patience and more money than sense.

Even if the profit margin on Ti's is smaller, Nvidia makes more money overall because they sell way more of them.

Nvidia knows the Titan's are not even close to where they're going to be making the majority of their money.

This is why they will want to release a product that will make them more money, like the 1080 Ti.

Also, it's pretty obvious that you make the most money in the $300-$400 range, seeing that's where Nvidia and AMD's best selling GPU's are.

I'm sure we can tell just how few people own Titan's compared to everything else by review counts on Newegg, Amazon, etc.

It would give a rough idea.

Or Steam hardware survey.

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

yes she's manual...i don't know if it's 7 speed i'm not too savy about corvette but i know it's a very special very fast car...so 7 speed sounds about right :P

yes we are in canada, and he had to drive to the state to get the car and bring it back, and he did drove the car back to canada that i'm 100% sure of...and he had a lot of trouble finding one, availability on these is very limited.

Yeah that is impressive. I mean, it snows over there! Where I live is hasn’t snowed in about 8 years. Around Christmas it gets so cold you almost need to put on a long sleeve, haha

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

2 minutes ago, DutchTexan said:

So 0.1% of people or even less, 2x Titan's and a triple monitor setup lol.

Oh btw, steam hardware survey

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

Shows 980 Ti accounts for almost 1% of all GPU's, and there isn't even a Titan that has sold enough to make it onto the list.

So the answer remains, Nvidia will release a 1080 Ti if they want to make money, because you make money by selling things, and Ti's sell more things, a lot more things.

Seeing as Nvidia is a business that likes to make money, they will probably make the decision to make more money, and release the 1080 Ti.

I know this sounds crazy to some people, out of this world, that a company would do something to make more money, but I assure you all it's true!

Just now, Hunched said:

980 Ti accounts for almost 1% of all GPU's, and there isn't even a Titan that has sold enough to make it onto the list.

Titan didnt sold because THERE WERE 'Ti instead...what if there hasn't been a 980ti?!

we told you why we don't expect a 1080ti anytime soon already...didn't you read?

Just now, Hunched said:

So 0.1% of people or even less, 2x Titan's and a triple monitor setup lol.

Oh btw, steam hardware survey

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

Shows 980 Ti accounts for almost 1% of all GPU's, and there isn't even a Titan that has sold enough to make it onto the list.

So the answer remains, Nvidia will release a 1080 Ti if they want to make money, because you make money by selling things, and Ti's sell more things, a lot more things.

Seeing as Nvidia is a business that likes to make money, they will probably make the decision to make more money, and release the 1080 Ti.

I know this sounds crazy to some people, out of this world, that a company would do something to make more money, but I assure you all it's true!

So then what monitor should I be using for if I wait for a 1080ti? I feel like if I am going to invest in something over a 1070 then I should be gaming at 4k. Likewise if I invested in something under a 1070 I should be gaming at 1080p. Right?

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Titan didnt sold because THERE WERE 'Ti instead...what if there hasn't been a 980ti?!

we told you why we don't expect a 1080ti anytime soon already...didn't you read?

Hey don’t say that. I would buy a 1080ti 

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Hey don’t say that. I would buy a 1080ti 

if there is a 1080ti it will be to answer to AMD...otherwise there won't be.

AMD has VEGA architecture coming in 2017...if that can compete with the GTX 1080...THEN you will see a 1080ti enter the ring.

The Maxwell Titan X was out like 4 months before the 980 Ti.

It didn't sell well that entire time.

So there's that answer.

The 780 Ti released like 10 months after the original $1000 Titan.

Guess what? That Titan sold SO WELL WITHOUT A TI to compete with...! that it isn't even on the steam charts and the 780 Ti is...

Yea, Titan's just fly off the shelf without Ti's. 

Fuck I can't even keep this sarcasm up.

Titan's sell like shit and don't even sell a fraction of what Ti's do.

Nvidia will release the 1080 Ti the second they feel like making more money by selling WAY more cards.

Also, both of these previously poor selling Titan's were $1000. This one is $1200.

So it's going to sell even less.

It's more like when the GTX 1080 starts slowing down in sales they will release the 1080 Ti.

The Titan's start and finish slow in sales.

I mean Nvidia would rather people buy 2x 1080's for the exact same price as 1x Titan X Pascal.

They're $600 each.

18 minutes ago, DutchTexan said:

So then what monitor should I be using for if I wait for a 1080ti? I feel like if I am going to invest in something over a 1070 then I should be gaming at 4k. Likewise if I invested in something under a 1070 I should be gaming at 1080p. Right?

Myself, I'd go for 144hz or more before bothering with higher res.

Depends on your preferences, or screen size. The larger the screen you get, the more important a higher res becomes.

7 minutes ago, Hunched said:

Myself, I'd go for 144hz or more before bothering with higher res.

Depends on your preferences, or screen size. The larger the screen you get, the more important a higher res becomes.

27 inches is pretty standard right? 

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

17 minutes ago, DutchTexan said:

27 inches is pretty standard right? 

Yes. 24" and 27" are the most common monitor sizes.

i own a benq 144hz 1440p monitor and a 1080 at stock.

i get about 90 - 150 - 200 fps depending on game / engine etc. 

Faith: WIP

Cpu: intel 6700k

RAM: g.skill ripjaw v 3200mhz 16 18 18 38 2n 32gb 4x8gb

MB: Asrock extreme 7+

GPU: GTX 1080 TI Poseidon Platinum Asus ROG
PSU: Cougar 1050W 80+ gold

Case: IN WIN 509 ROG [ black red ]

Cooling: Barrow Fittings, Block, 360mm x 60mm rad, 18w d5 pump, 210 res, EK blood red premix. Poseidon GPU block

SETUP: BenQ 27" 144hz|BenQ 28" 1080p VA 60HZ|Corsair Strafe RGB|Razer DeathAdDer Chroma|ATH IM70|E10k Olympus 2 amp|DX Racer King