I am now the proud owner of . . .

MPX309

The Air 240. lol Actually I didn't intentionally want this case but was the only one they had in maplins that I'd consider. . . I thought the switch on my computer had broken so I bought a new case. Surprisingly it was cheaper in store than online. . . Anyway turns out it wasn't the switch, it was the PSU. So I got a new PSU too after I'd swapped everything over. RM850x. Before anyone tells me it's overkill for a single GPU (which I believe it is) it was either that  or the 1000, so. . . I'll be ordering the braided cables this weekend as the squeeze is a bit tight. 

izj3qkt7.jpg

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

3 minutes ago, GSTARR said:

Do you like it so far

I was already aware of the issues of the case before buying it. I was looking forward to getting it prior to it's release, then after seeing reviews some things put me off. 30X30mm extra would have solved so many things. . . . I don't plan on upgrading anything else for the foreseeable future anyway so it's doing it's job. Infact it's even grown on me. It's nice to look at, and it's pretty silent considering. I needed a case that day see, well not so much a case but a working PC. 

Ofcourse fairly easy to build in in terms cable management (for obvious reasons) and my temps seem to be decent, no worse than the Define mini everything was previously crammed into. I would give it a 8/10. 

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

Oh man, how do I say this...

You bought a great PSU, a phenomenal one! However, due to the fashion of the PSU layout in the Air 240 and the rifle-bearing fan in the RMx, you'll notice the fan wearing out very quickly as, while mounted in the vertical position, a rifle bearing fan cannot be properly lubricated. I would highly recommend returning the PSU and getting an EVGA G2 or Corsair RMi instead, as the G2 has a ball bearing and the RMi has an FDB. 

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

2 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Oh man, how do I say this...

You bought a great PSU, a phenomenal one! However, due to the fashion of the PSU layout in the Air 240 and the rifle-bearing fan in the RMx, you'll notice the fan wearing out very quickly as, while mounted in the vertical position, a rifle bearing fan cannot be properly lubricated. I would highly recommend returning the PSU and getting an EVGA G2 or Corsair RMi instead, as the G2 has a ball bearing and the RMi has an FDB. 

I previously had a G2, which is the PSU that broke. . . Urm. . . If I mount the case so the window is facing up will that resolve the lubricating issue? (thanks for the heads up) Also tbh, the fan doesn't really spin as I don't use my PC for anything more intensive than Photoshop and cities skylines. I plan to get a new HDD and play some better games than that, I'll keep an eye on the fan at full load. 

2 minutes ago, MPX309 said:

I previously had a G2, which is the PSU that broke. . . Urm. . . If I mount the case so the window is facing up will that resolve the lubricating issue? (thanks for the heads up) Also tbh, the fan doesn't really spin as I don't use my PC for anything more intensive than Photoshop and cities skylines. I plan to get a new HDD and play some better games than that, I'll keep an eye on the fan at full load. 

The flipping of the system would fix it, yes. Although if the fan doesn't come on literally ever then it's not the end of the world. I know the fan curve is aggressive so that it doesn't come on until heavy load so you may be in the green but if you put it under enough load to ever have it spin then it's a good idea to flip the system.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||