Newest BF4 Beta update

Artoine

Any thoughts on the newest update of the beta? (the second one I believe)

Did it change anything for you?

Before the update I got around 30fps average and now

Min.  : 40

Max. : 98

Avg. : 63

These are the results of one game of domination done with the fraps benchmarking tool

Case: Fractal Design R4 Window PSU: Seasonic G-series 650w MOBO: 870 Extreme R2.0 CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE RAM: 8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 GPU: Asus DirectCU II Radeon HD 7970 

I has always run quite well for me, but when I didn't install it right away I suddenly had tons of bugs and lag. When I installed the update and used the geforce experience settings instead of auto it ran much better

the new update is awesome much smoother gameplay 

now i can actually play the game 

running on 2x 7870s in crossfire

newest catalyst 13.11beta v1

I can't even play the damn thing, and the worst part is that they know that it isn't working and they aren't doing anything about it. I'm done with EA and DICE completely, they shall never have my money again.

I can't even play the damn thing, and the worst part is that they know that it isn't working and they aren't doing anything about it. I'm done with EA and DICE completely, they shall never have my money again.

I'm sure they are specifically ignoring you and your problem just for that very reason... ? /s
Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB EVGA 580GTX FTW Hydro Copper 2 - SLI | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | CM 1300W Silent Pro Hybrid | NZXT Switch 810 - White | Phobya G-Changer 420, XSPC 280 | RP-452X2 Rev 2.0 | Monsoon 7/16 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | AKG K702 Reference Headphones | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

newest update didnt do anything for me.. still playing at max 20 fps lol

Go EA/DICE make some good patches :)

CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.8GhZ  CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2  Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 UD3H  GPU: Asus ROG RX 480 8G OC Memory: 32GB Gskill Ares 2400Mhz  Storage: 2x Crucial M4 512GB SSD (raid0)  / 1TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 750W  Operating System: Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB (64 bit) Other: NZXT Hue+ LED Controller with 8 LED Strips for desk and PC lighting

I'm keen to try this tonight, I've been having a pretty smooth experience so far with my 580's and 3930k while others have really suffered with 7 series cards and stuff... I hope this one helps em out!

Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB EVGA 580GTX FTW Hydro Copper 2 - SLI | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | CM 1300W Silent Pro Hybrid | NZXT Switch 810 - White | Phobya G-Changer 420, XSPC 280 | RP-452X2 Rev 2.0 | Monsoon 7/16 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | AKG K702 Reference Headphones | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

the latest patch definitely gave it a boost !

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Seriously though this isn't Mordor (aka battlelog). Give them a chance, it's a month old build, and it's only to test server-side optimisation not client-side. It doesn't have all the graphic settings optimisation in yet and is missing a few textures as well. It's a 5GB beta.. just be calm bro' no need to go full yolo on 'em

I'm sure they are specifically ignoring you and your problem just for that very reason... ? /s

I was planning on buying it, but now this is not the case. It's also not just me, a lot of people are having the same issue.

Seriously though this isn't Mordor (aka battlelog). Give them a chance, it's a month old build, and it's only to test server-side optimisation not client-side. It doesn't have all the graphic settings optimisation in yet and is missing a few textures as well. It's a 5GB beta.. just be calm bro' no need to go full yolo on 'em

It's not optimization or textures, the game takes 15 minutes to load and then crashes as soon as I get into a game.

It's not optimization or textures, the game takes 15 minutes to load and then crashes as soon as I get into a game.

Can I ask your system spec? because in all seriousness, I've probably got some older hardware than most and it's been 100% fine for me. some early loading screen bugs, but nothing after that...

How do you specifically know it's not just because of the build that's there, also, why are you judging a game on a beta, that's been advertised as nothing other than a beta ? it's not a demo, it's not a 'hey look this is final release' it's a clearly labelled, and openly admitted to have bugs (of the game breaking kind), beta...

You really honestly can't expect it to work on absolutely every combination of hardware that exists.

Of course there are other people having 'the exact same issue' those who are having problems (usually around 5~10% in the case of what you find on battlelog) are the ones that go on to shout about it. 

When BF3 came out, 90% of the issues people cried about were due to over-enthusiastic overclocks, bad memory settings and user-error. People refused to admit that it just MIGHT be their system that was slightly misconfigured and beat-down on the game for it. A few settings changes later, and stuff started working...

Its way better now for me.
I never had a bad Frame rate, but it was jumping up and down all the time now its constant 45-60FPS.

RTX2070OC 

I recently got the beta drivers, and now I get insanely long loading times.

It's probably an issue on my end, but I never had anything this long when playing BF3. I don't know if the update gave me any better performance, but hopefully it did.

CPU: i5 3570k @ 3.4 GHz      RAMKingston HyperX Grey Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)      MOBO: ASRock Z77E-ITX  

GPU: Gigabyte Aorus 1060 6GB     HDD's: WD Caviar Blue 1TB  

PSUSilverStone Strider ST50F-P 500W       Case: BitFenix Prodigy (Black)    

I can't even test how well it runs, as my punkbuster.exe for some reason won't "initialize" -___- I tried to find a solution on zeh interwebz, but nothing seems to work...

You do realize that this is a beta, right?

Are you guys using RivaTuner to watch FPS rates? I'm having trouble using it on BF4 :(

Can I ask your system spec? because in all seriousness, I've probably got some older hardware than most and it's been 100% fine for me. some early loading screen bugs, but nothing after that...

How do you specifically know it's not just because of the build that's there, also, why are you judging a game on a beta, that's been advertised as nothing other than a beta ? it's not a demo, it's not a 'hey look this is final release' it's a clearly labelled, and openly admitted to have bugs (of the game breaking kind), beta...

You really honestly can't expect it to work on absolutely every combination of hardware that exists.

Of course there are other people having 'the exact same issue' those who are having problems (usually around 5~10% in the case of what you find on battlelog) are the ones that go on to shout about it. 

When BF3 came out, 90% of the issues people cried about were due to over-enthusiastic overclocks, bad memory settings and user-error. People refused to admit that it just MIGHT be their system that was slightly misconfigured and beat-down on the game for it. A few settings changes later, and stuff started working...

It was running fine then the first update ruined it.

Are you guys using RivaTuner to watch FPS rates? I'm having trouble using it on BF4 :(

open console (in-game) and type perfoverlay.drawfps 1

I was planning on buying it, but now this is not the case. It's also not just me, a lot of people are having the same issue.

Beta

BETA beta BETA beta BETA beta BETA bEtA BeTa BETa BEta Beta bETA beTA betA

Getting mad at a company because beta isn't working isn't the right response.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

New patch gives even smoother experience, quite impressed :)

Yes it has improved fps and decreased stuttering for me. Before I got 15-30fps and it would stutter and freeze consistently, made it unplayable. Granted I'm playing in 1080 on low settings or even turned off. With the update I'm running around with 30-45 fps, I'd like to say 40 average. Played 2 games and haven't stuttered or froze yet.

I'm going to have to load up the beta again to see if there are any performance gains on my system. I'm not even sure if I'll buy the game this time around. I barely played BF3. Does anyone know how long the beta runs?

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Beta is beta...... 

On topic:

I had around 50-60 fps with Ultra/Ultra/rest high and MSAA OFF with fps drops depending on server to 5 and now with latest update and 13.11 beta driver its 55-75 fps and no fps drops, runs perfectly smooth.

But i will also probably upgrade to Windows 8.1 since it will give you better performance.

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black