a question about reservoirs and fittings

Go to solution Solved by Jack McCall,

All compression fittings are usually universal...there may be a few exceptions out there but I'm not sure which. 

Compression fittings use a screw system from behind - you put the nut over the tube before you attach it, hook the tube onto the fitting itself, and then tighten the nut over the tube so that the tube is in between the nut and fitting. 

1 minute ago, WowMuchName said:

-SNIP-

The threaded holes are all standardized to G1/4 thread so you won't have anything to worry about as long as the compression fitting is the correct size of the tubing. One tip though don't use Thermaltake's rads as they are aluminum based to aovid having a mixed metal loop. 

All compression fittings are usually universal...there may be a few exceptions out there but I'm not sure which. 

Compression fittings use a screw system from behind - you put the nut over the tube before you attach it, hook the tube onto the fitting itself, and then tighten the nut over the tube so that the tube is in between the nut and fitting. 

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

The threaded holes are all standardized to G1/4 thread so you won't have anything to worry about as long as the compression fitting is the correct size of the tubing. One tip though don't use Thermaltake's rads as they are aluminum based to aovid having a mixed metal loop. 

btw, i was going to use a corsair rad from a aio

2 minutes ago, WowMuchName said:

btw, i was going to use a corsair rad from a aio

Oh I remember now you asked about this previous for switching tubing on an AIO, So a Frankenstein loop then :P 

Just make sure you have adapters to fit over the barbs on the AIO rad then since they use I think it was 1/4" or 3/8" tubing.

Just now, W-L said:

Oh I remember now you asked about this previous for switching tubing on an AIO, So a Frankenstein loop then :P 

yup yup xD