How to properly create two gta v directory folders, one for modding and MP?

Theminecraftaddict555
Go to solution Solved by Theminecraftaddict555,

Never mind found the solution to this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCAuilz1nbs

starts at 4:00

1.Simply copy the original gta v folder to the same place it is in which is in the Steamapps/common directory and the copied file should be automatically re-named to Grand theft Auto V-Copy

2. Rename that copy by adding either modded or vanilla to the end of that file name, depending on which file you want to currently mod (could be the copied or un-copied one<< Grand theft Auto V folder without the -copy) Would recommend you take "-copy" after renaming it out so it would be easier to identify 

3.like you said whenever you want to use that Grand theft auto V copy, Rename your current un-copied one to Grand theft Auto V Modded or Vanilla, this again depends on which folder you chose to use for mods on step #2

4.then rename your copied one to orignally "Grand theft Auto V", deleting words -copy/modded/vanilla from the copy's name, Since that is the original and actual name that steam will need to read in order to launch the game<<Again like you before said themctipers

5. If you want to switch your folders again then go to step 3 to 4 again but this time you are first changing the name of your copied one (the file you just named "Grand theft auto V" but took out -copy/modded/vanilla from before naming it that.) and so on 

I have seen people have it when doing their mod install instruction vids on youtube and wondering how do I do it so I can play one modded and one vanilla for just plainly playing multiplayer

I am on steam version btw

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

22 minutes ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

I have seen people have it when doing their mod install instruction vids on youtube and wondering how do I do it so I can play one modded and one vanilla for just plainly playing multiplayer

I am on steam version btw

one nammed gtav-modded and one nammed gtav?

when you want to switch, rename gtav to gtav-vanilla and gtav-modded to gtav?

something along the lines of that. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

4 minutes ago, themctipers said:

one nammed gtav-modded and one nammed gtav?

when you want to switch, rename gtav to gtav-vanilla and gtav-modded to gtav?

something along the lines of that. 

Then what?  Don't leave me ash-trayed or at least give me a full guide 

Sure I can rename those but then what?  How does steam know which one to load? 

Just now, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

Then what?  Don't leave me ash-trayed or at least give me a full guide 

Sure I can rename those but then what?  How does steam know which one to load? 

dunno, i dont fuck around with mods

steam only checks for the gta v folder...

let me find mine, and ill probably post a guide here. give me like 5 minutes xD 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

dunno, i dont fuck around with mods

steam only checks for the gta v folder...

let me find mine, and ill probably post a guide here. give me like 5 minutes xD 

Wow credibility is gone there

I'll just ask someone else at this point but thanks for trying 

Alright, so go into your /SteamLibrary/steamapps/common and you see the Grand Theft Auto V folder? That is the folder that steam checks for. If steam doesn't detect that folder with that exact name, it assumes that it isn't there and doesn't load it.

Now, what you can do is get another installation of GTA V (Yes, this means that you have to redownload it) and you can rename your installations.

For example, GTA1 can be your modded one and GTA2 can be your vanilla one. If you want to switch, just rename GTA1 to Grand Theft Auto V and then it will switch to the modded one. If you want to switch back to the vanilla one, rename Grand Theft Auto V to GTA1 and then rename GTA2 to Grand Theft Auto V.

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Wow credibility is gone there

I'll just ask someone else at this point but thanks for trying 

ok then. have it your way :P

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

2 minutes ago, themctipers said:

ok then. have it your way :P

But I am willing to see the guide regardless of the lack of credibility from you not being a modder and lack of being serious enough on the topic 

But I am willing to see the guide

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

Alright, so go into your /SteamLibrary/steamapps/common and you see the Grand Theft Auto V folder? That is the folder that steam checks for. If steam doesn't detect that folder with that exact name, it assumes that it isn't there and doesn't load it.

Now, what you can do is get another installation of GTA V (Yes, this means that you have to redownload it) and you can rename your installations.

For example, GTA1 can be your modded one and GTA2 can be your vanilla one. If you want to switch, just rename GTA1 to Grand Theft Auto V and then it will switch to the modded one. If you want to switch back to the vanilla one, rename Grand Theft Auto V to GTA1 and then rename GTA2 to Grand Theft Auto V.

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Never mind found the solution to this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCAuilz1nbs

starts at 4:00

1.Simply copy the original gta v folder to the same place it is in which is in the Steamapps/common directory and the copied file should be automatically re-named to Grand theft Auto V-Copy

2. Rename that copy by adding either modded or vanilla to the end of that file name, depending on which file you want to currently mod (could be the copied or un-copied one<< Grand theft Auto V folder without the -copy) Would recommend you take "-copy" after renaming it out so it would be easier to identify 

3.like you said whenever you want to use that Grand theft auto V copy, Rename your current un-copied one to Grand theft Auto V Modded or Vanilla, this again depends on which folder you chose to use for mods on step #2

4.then rename your copied one to orignally "Grand theft Auto V", deleting words -copy/modded/vanilla from the copy's name, Since that is the original and actual name that steam will need to read in order to launch the game<<Again like you before said themctipers

5. If you want to switch your folders again then go to step 3 to 4 again but this time you are first changing the name of your copied one (the file you just named "Grand theft auto V" but took out -copy/modded/vanilla from before naming it that.) and so on