MSI Fast boot - Unable to access bios

Hey guys,

I just enabled MSI fast boot on my mobo to see if it would get rid of a problem where the MSI logo screen would show twice on boot. 

It didn't really solve the problem but now my keyboard doesn't turn on until after that screen has finished meaning that I cant actually press 'DEL' to access the bios.

Anyone got any ideas? 

1 minute ago, Gary7 said:

Hey guys,

I just enabled MSI fast boot on my mobo to see if it would get rid of a problem where the MSI logo screen would show twice on boot. 

It didn't really solve the problem but now my keyboard doesn't turn on until after that screen has finished meaning that I cant actually press 'DEL' to access the bios.

Anyone got any ideas? 

HA! 

Try:

• A PS/2 keyboard
  • finding software to access bios on next boot (Not sure if possible, I have it for my ASUS board)
  • Removing the battery then replacing it after a couple of minutes

I edit my posts a lot.

Is the logo showing on boot, once for the POST then once for loading windows?

That's normal.

I edit my posts a lot.

5 minutes ago, DEcobra11 said:

If you can't use MSI's Fast Boot software in your OS then Clear CMOS

Will that default settings back to normal?

Cool thanks. Ill probably rename this topic and try sort out the dual bios screen afterwards. On an 850 EVO and it takes about 10 seconds just to get past those screens.....

12 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Hey guys,

Anyone got any ideas? 

msi usually has a "gotobios" button either on the rear io

or by the bios chip/battery

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

13 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Hey guys,

Anyone got any ideas? 

whats the motherboard ?

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

1 minute ago, DEcobra11 said:

Just a note for the OP: don't forget to check SATA mode so it stays at desired settings.

What settings do I need to check?

• 4 years later...

Not attempting to Necro but I have a solution for this and someone somewhere might need it!

When you enable MSI Fast Boot it will disable USB input while keeping PS/2 input active

So your solutions to enter Bios are:

A- Using a PS/2 Keyboard < which I don't have.

B- Clearing CMOS < Although I have an easy clear CMOS button I still have too many settings and profiles not willing to lose.

C- Disabling MSI Fast Boost from  MSI app < It does not work on my new motherboard

or...

D- Trying this trick which came to my mind from previous OC experiments:

1- Using a software CPU overclock app in windows 10, in my case MSI Dragon Center

2- Over clock CPU to something silly like 6 ghz without changing voltage  Restart.

3- After the initial boot you will be presented with this nice lovely list of options, check attached Pic!

4- Choose F1

5- Once you go to MSI Bios from the Boot menu disable MSI Fast Boot forever :)

msi.png