Scan Computers UK PR Meltdown

Geo Cyberwolf

Link is broken or something, what actuallly happened?

I've used them for a few years and have had no issues with them, I'm a little confused.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

The title is misleading, there is no 'meltdown' you are a whining baby who hasn't got a clue how to speak to someone professionally, and your comments are embarrassing.

Scan have been flawless for me for years, and they're not losing my business for being short with someone who tries to conduct business on Facebook.

• 4 weeks later...

I think scan were well within their rights and did everything they could to resolve the issue. From building many computers you just sometimes get to those odd situations where stuff just....it just wont for no valid reason, talk with the other components - it seems not all PC parts get along 100% of the time. They have some pretty serious testing they do on RMA components and check many many things - but replicate your EXACT rig and situations is something no company can ever ever ever do. Another thing I have never ever see a company do is replace something that within their own professional opinion is not broken - why would they? If the issue is most likely YOUR parts then sadly it is YOUR problem - the fact that another similar board works still does not prove the issue was still not your own parts.

Overall this person would have tested anyone's patience and the very fact you were conducting a full blown RMA discussion over facebook just baffles me. Let's say you take them to a petty court over your wasted cash for the "broken" motherboard or complain to trading standards. While I am sure they would do their best to assist with the matter, deep down inside they would instantly just giggle with a facebook argument over RMA as it borders into the realms of complete lack of credibility on anyone's part...because its facebook lol.

Pro tip - serious matters concerning what you consider serious issues should always be done in ink or via e-mail - possibly even a telephone call. Keep the trail clear and deal with them EXACTLY as you expect them to treat you. Telling them to f'off or anything usually in any company results in them just refusing to do business of any kind with you, as no staff member gets paid to take abuse to the level you dished out over that facebook page - you dodged the bullet this time and I actually commend scan for continuing to communicate at all.

Only problem I have with scan is that they make you pay to return items, even if they are faulty.

But they would be wasting their money shipping larger components if they then turned out to be fully operational. They should take a deposit to be refunded if it is a genuine problem though

I think scan were well within their rights and did everything they could to resolve the issue. From building many computers you just sometimes get to those odd situations where stuff just....it just wont for no valid reason, talk with the other components - it seems not all PC parts get along 100% of the time. They have some pretty serious testing they do on RMA components and check many many things - but replicate your EXACT rig and situations is something no company can ever ever ever do. Another thing I have never ever see a company do is replace something that within their own professional opinion is not broken - why would they? If the issue is most likely YOUR parts then sadly it is YOUR problem - the fact that another similar board works still does not prove the issue was still not your own parts.

Overall this person would have tested anyone's patience and the very fact you were conducting a full blown RMA discussion over facebook just baffles me. Let's say you take them to a petty court over your wasted cash for the "broken" motherboard or complain to trading standards. While I am sure they would do their best to assist with the matter, deep down inside they would instantly just giggle with a facebook argument over RMA as it borders into the realms of complete lack of credibility on anyone's part...because its facebook lol.

Pro tip - serious matters concerning what you consider serious issues should always be done in ink or via e-mail - possibly even a telephone call. Keep the trail clear and deal with them EXACTLY as you expect them to treat you. Telling them to f'off or anything usually in any company results in them just refusing to do business of any kind with you, as no staff member gets paid to take abuse to the level you dished out over that facebook page - you dodged the bullet this time and I actually commend scan for continuing to communicate at all.

Cannot agree enough^^

What I see here is an angry customer who is acting irrational. I doubt Scan is a bad company, maybe just not wise to continue the discussion on facebook.

During the last 12 years in the role as "the most tech-savy person I know" I have come to the conclusion that either I have developed a talent for "laying of hands" (or what ever that biblical thing is called in English) when it comes to electronics, or people just doesn't know how to use stuff. A few years back I had a part time job fixing marine electronics, most of the time the stuff I was supposed to fix worked just as it should, luckily everything we got in for repair was hand delivered by the customer, so when something worked we could show them when they came back to pick it up. We always took pride in delivering great customer service, so only in very rare circumstances did we charge anything for the work if there was no fault.

Anyway, I have no doubt that that MoBo actually worked, I assume there was some error in how that guy installed it or something he connected to it. The customer is very very rarely right, in most cases the customer is very ignorant and doesn't know squat

Really sick of people judging an entire company based solely on their interactions with the social media person...

I had a rubbish experience with scan scam support as well. Spent ages getting my sapphire 7970 replaced. They also said that they found no issues first time. I asked for retest and they found the problem. But it only got worse from there.

Retried Battlefield Moderator EA Star Wars Battlefront Senior Moderator  Battlefield Moderator and EA Champion

Wow I thought it was bad after the first photo. I'll just stick with amazon dabs ocuk ebuyer and eBay :)

Wow, that's pretty bad,,,

I guess I'm lucky I've never come across customer service as bad as that of scan computers....

ELEPHANT SEALS EVERYWHERE!

OMG they did nothing wrong that customer was a complete idiot, jesus christ they had great customer service to waste that much time on that arsehole.

Intel i5 3570K | Msi GTX 660 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | AsRock Z77 Extreme 6 | Sharkoon T28 

Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 | Rocaat Pyra | Steelseries 7H | Corsair SP2500