Scan Computers UK PR Meltdown

Geo Cyberwolf

This can be closed, issue has been resolved. 

Just thought I'd share this with you guys, how Scan deals with customers via their facebook page.  (I'm not the person with the faulty part!!!)

https://www.facebook.com/scancomputers/posts/10151885730392908 Post got removed along with all comments

Screenshots: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xq6dv4xm0yawzfl/ILS13T44OK

CPU: Intel i7 2600k @3.4 Ghz cooled by Corsair H100 | Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower Black | Motherbord: Gigabyte Z68AP-D3(rev 2.0) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB 1600MHz Video CardMSi R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition 2GB 

Power Supply: Corsair TX-850M | SSD: ADATA S511 60GB | HDD #1: Western Digital 640GB 7200rpm | HDD #2: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm 

Mouse: Sharkoon Fireglider | Keyboard: Logitech G510

I really like Scan as well :( Always buy stuff from them.  I've used their customer service a few times and it's always been really good.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

I've dealt with Scan's aftersales and support on loads of returns, and they've always been 110%. 

I hope people see through this, I really do

Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB EVGA 580GTX FTW Hydro Copper 2 - SLI | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | CM 1300W Silent Pro Hybrid | NZXT Switch 810 - White | Phobya G-Changer 420, XSPC 280 | RP-452X2 Rev 2.0 | Monsoon 7/16 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | AKG K702 Reference Headphones | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

I've used Scan for everything and the company isn't as big as everyone thinks, they process hundreds of orders a day and in the technology world there are bound to be faulty things, I guess whoever runs the FB page for Scan was in a bad mood or had a bad day and the bellends who take the piss out of Scan when things go a tad wrong tend to over exaggerate the current problem instead of being patient.

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

I've dealt with Scan plenty of times and they''ve been more than helpful every single time. I think it's always good to see the other side of the story; however, i really don't wish this to turn into a bandwagon hate party towards scan from a couple of negative comments.. 

I think that there are always two sides to one story, my only experience with scan has been excellent and theyre website is actually much easier to use than new egg. Theyre finance deals are better than ocuk who i think are a little overpriced in comparison

Intel I7 2600k @ 4.5ghz, Asetek 510 LC Xtremegear liquid cooling system, PALIT GTX 780 Super Jetstream OC, 8Gb Kingston Hyper X blu series 1600mhz, 64Gb Crucial M4 series SATA III Gaming MLC SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD 6.0gb/s,  Asus P8z68-v Pro Motherboard, Corsair Vengance K90 Keyboard,950Watt Cyberpower PSU, Cyborg RAT 5 ,  Coolermaster CM 690II case, Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 1920 x 1200

Scan have been awesome from my past orders. They seem to have the best deals around and customer service is generally pretty good. Free delivery for me is a bonus too :P

Can't look at the link as I'm at work, would someone mind screenshotting it?

660ti on scan for £117.99, cant be that bad eh?

Intel I7 2600k @ 4.5ghz, Asetek 510 LC Xtremegear liquid cooling system, PALIT GTX 780 Super Jetstream OC, 8Gb Kingston Hyper X blu series 1600mhz, 64Gb Crucial M4 series SATA III Gaming MLC SSD, 1TB Western Digital HDD 6.0gb/s,  Asus P8z68-v Pro Motherboard, Corsair Vengance K90 Keyboard,950Watt Cyberpower PSU, Cyborg RAT 5 ,  Coolermaster CM 690II case, Dell Ultrasharp U2412M 1920 x 1200

Screenshots for those that cant get on Facebook. https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xq6dv4xm0yawzfl/ILS13T44OK

CPU: Intel i7 2600k @3.4 Ghz cooled by Corsair H100 | Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower Black | Motherbord: Gigabyte Z68AP-D3(rev 2.0) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB 1600MHz Video CardMSi R6950 Twin Frozr III Power Edition 2GB 

Power Supply: Corsair TX-850M | SSD: ADATA S511 60GB | HDD #1: Western Digital 640GB 7200rpm | HDD #2: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm 

I'm curious as to why it took you 3 months to report the fault? (I'm assuming this is your posts now?)

Asus x79 Deluxe | Intel 3930k | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz DDR3 | 2 x 3GB EVGA 580GTX FTW Hydro Copper 2 - SLI | Xonar Essence STX | 2 x 256GB Samsung 840 Pros | 2TB Samsung F4 | CM 1300W Silent Pro Hybrid | NZXT Switch 810 - White | Phobya G-Changer 420, XSPC 280 | RP-452X2 Rev 2.0 | Monsoon 7/16 Fittings | XSPC Raystorm | Roccat Kone | QPad MK85 Pro w/ Cherry Red MX | AKG K702 Reference Headphones | TM Hotas Warthog Stick and Throttle | Saitek Combat Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

No it's not, a friend of mine. 

The question still stands...

what a dreadful way to run a company.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Screenshots of the entire MSI conversation?

I have been in plenty situations where you can replicate the fault so I don't blame Scan but next move would of been to send the entire computer checked the entire thing at the customers expense and refund IF they found it was there fault.

Ganging up on customer support wouldn't help and 90% of that is abuse ok so MSI won't take it back but next step is to pick up the phone and start discussing next step forward.

If that fails you talk to someone higher or suggest dealing with a small claims court.

Scan have never been a problem for me, ordered from them on several occasions and never had an issue, their customer service was even genuinely helpful when I had an issue rather then attempting to deflect or deny an issue.

One bad experience shouldn't destroy a companies reputation because it gets spread around the internet when positive experiences do not. I would personally blame one employee and not the entire company.

I have used Scan for years, always seems like great service to me.

I have never had to return anything to them though, so can't comment.

But I don't think we should entirely judge a generally well respected supplier based on a few bad Facebook comments, no company has a 100% satisfaction rating and unfortunately its always the bad comments that stand out.

its always the bad comments that stand out.

or in this case, someone creates accounts on the major tech forums and posts the thing up all over the place :(

What your seeing here is a very biased bunch of opinons, don't forget all of these people have had a problem so are angry no one makes a big fusss when they order something and get what they ordered so you never hear from them.

plus if you look at the comments from scan they're a bit close to the bone but they're true.

for example comment 1: "Scam computers uk sounds like a more appropriate name"  reply: "We appreciate feedback and constructive criticism, your comment offers neither."

the customer isn't even stating a proper problem...

And the second comment he had a faulty MSI motherboard swaps it out for an Asus one and it now works... what does that prove...

I've used Scan 3-4 times now never had a problem and even had to deal with customer service to change my order once and they were more than happy to help.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

Only ever bough an SSD from them not a problem, but I probably won't buy again from them... Sticking with OCUK, Ebuyer, Amazon.

I had to return a Dell monitor to them because of Backlight bleed and they did it no questions asked, tested it, confirmed it. new one sent out, all sorted within about 3 days... I can't see how they could really do more in this example. They've been sent the hardware to test, they've tested it and found no fault.

They can't test it with ALL components the user has here because as they stated multiple times, that's now how it works...

Just feels very bashy to me. Saying things like "inb4 you blame x" just sounds trollish, that kind of stuff belongs on battlelog not in any kind of support request.

Clear example of why Facebook just isn't the right place to do this kind of thing, where others associated with the clearly disgruntled customer can just chip in with their opinions and back companies into a corner :(

Only problem I have with scan is that they make you pay to return items, even if they are faulty.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

I had to return a Dell monitor to them because of Backlight bleed and they did it no questions asked, tested it, confirmed it. new one sent out, all sorted within about 3 days... I can't see how they could really do more in this example. They've been sent the hardware to test, they've tested it and found no fault.

They can't test it with ALL components the user has here because as they stated multiple times, that's now how it works...

Just feels very bashy to me. Saying things like "inb4 you blame x" just sounds trollish, that kind of stuff belongs on battlelog not in any kind of support request.

Clear example of why Facebook just isn't the right place to do this kind of thing, where others associated with the clearly disgruntled customer can just chip in with their opinions and back companies into a corner :(

i agree with your facebook isn't the right place for this comment, it kind of shows you the type of person you're dealing with when rather than email or calling they post on their facebook wall.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

Ahhh all I can see is an angry customer having a go at Scan, Scan are dealing with it professionally and are bending over backwards for this person. I have used them and have never had problems, BUT in a infinite parts configuration world faults will show up and some will not. Get a griup fella, send the board back and shop somewhere else, if thew parts were that bad as you say why send back and receive 3 times?

6581 The power of the C64  :)