Discord vs The Rest?

From what I've noticed, Discord has gained significant popularity and is beginning to rival the big players in voice chat software (Teamspeak, Mumble, etc).

The 2 biggest things that separate Discord from the rest are:

1. Good and easy to use UI

2. 100% free

I myself have pretty much switched from TS3. I don't have to pay for a server with my friends, and to an extent we find it a lot easier to use that TS3. However I have found that TS3 is capable of MUCH better audio quality than Discord. Is this true for everyone else? Another big thing I like about Discord is the friends system and the servers tab. Super easy to see if friend are online and what they're playing, and what people are in which servers. 

Anybody else feel this way? If this keeps up I can see Discord becoming the biggest player and take the throne from Teamspeak 3/Mumble/Skype/etc.

Intel Core i7 4970k 4.0GHz - EVGA GTX 980 SC 4GB - Crucial Sport 16GB 1866MHz - 750W EVGA SuperNOVA - Gigabyte Z97-D3H - Corsair H55 Silent - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - 2TB HDD - 3840x1080 Display - Corsair 450D Mid-Tower -HyperX Cloud II Headset - Logitech G302 + Logitech G710+ - Windows 10 Pro

9 minutes ago, McNipsy said:

From what I've noticed, Discord has gained significant popularity and is beginning to rival the big players in voice chat software (Teamspeak, Mumble, etc).

The 2 biggest things that separate Discord from the rest are:

1. Good and easy to use UI

2. 100% free

I myself have pretty much switched from TS3. I don't have to pay for a server with my friends, and to an extent we find it a lot easier to use that TS3. However I have found that TS3 is capable of MUCH better audio quality than Discord. Is this true for everyone else? Another big thing I like about Discord is the friends system and the servers tab. Super easy to see if friend are online and what they're playing, and what people are in which servers. 

Anybody else feel this way? If this keeps up I can see Discord becoming the biggest player and take the throne from Teamspeak 3/Mumble/Skype/etc.

Ya, I'd go ahead and say that discord is the easy to use option but TS3 is the better more advanced overall option. My favorite part about TS3 is server group tags, like STFU groups that make people unable to speak if they're being annoying or groups that don't allow you to move, and even just entertaining groups for stuff people do sometimes, like literally a tryhard or something. I prefer TS3 though since I've got my own server going.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

My clan that I game with has a huge TS3 (1024 slots) and the advanced features are a must. We have various levels of powers with guests only being able to move themselves between the top four channels. The largest amount of people I've seen on at once was about 700, we also have about 600 channels. We also have it integrated into our website which is nice. I've personally have never used Discord but I have yet to here anything negative about it.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Discord probably won't take out TS3 or Mumble completely, they fulfill the niche of people who need to host their own servers. Until Discord adds video calling/screen sharing (IF they add it), it won't take out Skype either. 

Last time I used Discord has been over two months ago, but from what I remember the quality was pretty good (especially when the audio channel bitrate was 96Kbps or something). That bitrate was lowered though, due to the amount of people from way different points on this globe on the server. Audio was alright at that point, but not amazing. Better than what I remember from Skype at least (which I have not used in years now)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/