Help Me Find a Specific Mechanical Keyboard?

Go to solution Solved by Jacona,

IDK if I can find any keyboard that can fulfill all the requirements, but linear switches with o-rings or landing pads are usually (one of) the most quiet when it comes to Cherry type switches. 

Corsair has the Cherry MX silent switches but not sure if it's available in a TKL format. 

There are a few Magicforce keyboards that are a 65% layout with a aluminum back-plate and can go for as low as 40 USD. 

If you want to prioritize silent, then there are Matias silent keyboards that are noticeably quieter than cherry switches.

Ducky Shine mini

V60 with matias switches

I'm looking for a cheap mechanical keyboard for office use. Thus far I have been used to using a Das Keyboard with Cherry MX Blues and blank caps:

Spoiler

NPBemjR.jpg

However this has proven impractical for office use due to the following factors:

• The noise drives everyone else in the vacinity insane
  • It's difficult to pair program because the vast majority of people there struggle to touch type - compounded by comming over to a foreign board
  • As I'm getting older I'm finding that the length causes me to ache... oh my that really doesn't sound quite right

What I want:

1. I like the minimalist case on models such as the Noppoo and Corsair K65 RGB Rapidfire
  2. It has to have a metal back plate
  3. It needs to feature quite switches
  4. It needs a ISO/JIS enter
  5. It has to be at least TKL (I'm done with the length)
  6. I like back lighting
  7. This thing will need to be resilient as I can easily spend ~8 hours a day typing (my Das has ended up squeaking on the bar keys from such a level of pounding)

I'd just buy the Corsair but since I'd be leaving it at work I'd like something quite a bit cheaper.

Any experience of or ideas for such a board would be most welcome.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

IDK if I can find any keyboard that can fulfill all the requirements, but linear switches with o-rings or landing pads are usually (one of) the most quiet when it comes to Cherry type switches. 

Corsair has the Cherry MX silent switches but not sure if it's available in a TKL format. 

There are a few Magicforce keyboards that are a 65% layout with a aluminum back-plate and can go for as low as 40 USD. 

If you want to prioritize silent, then there are Matias silent keyboards that are noticeably quieter than cherry switches.

Ducky Shine mini

V60 with matias switches

On 31/07/2016 at 6:57 PM, Jacona said:

Ducky Shine mini

V60 with matias switches

Thanks for that. It seems that the Magicforce is the current best choice, probably with blacks and 0.2mm O rings. Such a shame that there doesn't seem to be an ISO version available.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.