WHAT CPU????????

HI guys; i have an m2n68 am-plus, if i upgrade bios it can be compatible with am3 cpu so what is the best cpu am3

4 minutes ago, wlaro said:

HI guys; i have an m2n68 am-plus, if i upgrade bios it can be compatible with am3 cpu so what is the best cpu am3

AM3 or AM3+, because AM3 is extremely obsolete, and AM3+ is nearing the same...

Nothing to see here ;)

Just now, Anand_Geforce said:

AM3 not AM3+

my mobo is old

Just now, Anand_Geforce said:

That board only supports AM3, not AM3+ I think

I make Rainmeter things and other art :D

1 minute ago, Anand_Geforce said:

he means am3:

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M2N68AM_PLUS/HelpDesk_CPU/

some ancient ddr2 system

idek the amd cpus that old :/

thats phenom II terretory, which at that point... it's almost to the point i'd suggest to find some kind of cash flow (mowing lawns or selling berries? :P) and get a new mobo & ram as well.

Just now, wlaro said:

but is not listed on the site of this mobo

Do you think that x6 1100t will be compatilble

Probably over the tdp limit and too new. Buy a new intel platform.

1 minute ago, wlaro said:

Phenom IIX6 1065T is listed as supported, that might be the best?

(but seriously get something new)

but with an x6 1100t i can play at medim high (for example gta 5)

p.s. i have one amd 6970

21 minutes ago, wlaro said:

Should be. I don't see why not.

18 minutes ago, wlaro said:

but with an x6 1100t i can play at medim high (for example gta 5)

p.s. i have one amd 6970

But can you wait for Zen to come out and then upgrade? With AMD's upcoming Zen and a RX 480 you can get very high settings in GTA at 1080p.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

Should be. I don't see why not.

But can you wait for Zen to come out and then upgrade? With AMD's upcoming Zen and a RX 480 you can get very high settings in GTA at 1080p.

because on the site of that mobo there isnìt listed  x6 1100t

1 minute ago, wlaro said:

because on the site of that mobo there isnìt listed  x6 1100t

It should be fine but as I said earlier, wait for AMD's Zen and buy a new CPU + Mobo then. And then buy a new GPU.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

43 minutes ago, wlaro said:

None of them. It even seems like the price of my old recommendation Athlon X4 860K has risen to the point where it and a decent aftermarket cooler are now more expensive than just buying an i3-6100 and an H110M motherboard. They're at least close enough that I'd really question whether the 860K, which runs on a dead chipset, is even worth it anymore. I'd just squeeze some pennies together for a newer system, at least Haswell but ideally Skylake. Waiting for Zen is no longer something I'd recommend, given that its widespread availability (read: MSRP pricing) is potentially still a year away.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

7 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

None of them. It even seems like the price of my old recommendation Athlon X4 860K has risen to the point where it and a decent aftermarket cooler are now more expensive than just buying an i3-6100 and an H110M motherboard. They're at least close enough that I'd really question whether the 860K, which runs on a dead chipset, is even worth it anymore. I'd just squeeze some pennies together for a newer system, at least Haswell but ideally Skylake. Waiting for Zen is no longer something I'd recommend, given that its widespread availability (read: MSRP pricing) is potentially still a year away.

They 860k has had the price increased because it is discontinued. AMD replaced it with the 880k (just higher clockspeed) 

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/94s8TW/amd-cpu-ad880kxbjcsbx

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

I don't know why you want to spend all this money on extremely ancient tech. There is snowmelt no point. Phenom ii x6 cpus are usually sold way over priced. If you really must find a 1065t and be done with it (1100t most likely won't work on that board) but it's really NOT worth it.

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB