what are the bestXeons for 771 to 775 mod?

In the LAN PC right now there is a Q6600 which i have yet to overclock so i wont do this for a while but im just wondering what the best Xeons to do the LGA 771 to LGA 775 mod are, im slightly worried that this Q6600 will be a big bottleneck for the dual GTX 660s im putting in it(tho all i play is CS:GO...) so i want to know what the absolute best Xeon for this is and also what some good preformance/$ ones because i have no clue at all tbh and i should probably just swap the motherboard and CPU for some I5 and fitting mobo tbh but i want to try this 771 to 775 thing because its cool and i want to try it some time in the future. anyway thanks for any replies and any help :D 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

4 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

In the LAN PC right now there is a Q6600 which i have yet to overclock so i wont do this for a while but im just wondering what the best Xeons to do the LGA 771 to LGA 775 mod are, im slightly worried that this Q6600 will be a big bottleneck for the dual GTX 660s im putting in it(tho all i play is CS:GO...) so i want to know what the absolute best Xeon for this is and also what some good preformance/$ ones because i have no clue at all tbh and i should probably just swap the motherboard and CPU for some I5 and fitting mobo tbh but i want to try this 771 to 775 thing because its cool and i want to try it some time in the future. anyway thanks for any replies and any help :D 

Hmm, well me and my friend did it with an X5450, seems like a pretty good little CPU, just check its compatibility with this graph:

http://www.delidded.com/lga-771-to-775-adapter/2/#chipset-compatibility-table

"Hmmm, this is for sure the type of music you listen to,  if you want to lose friends."

'That last one' ??

Best - x5490

$/performance - e5450, x5450

But if you can oc your q6600 up to 3GHz then you will no improvements with the xeons.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

2 minutes ago, SLAYR said:

Best - x5490

$/performance - e5450, x5450

But if you can oc your q6600 up to 3GHz then you will no improvements with the xeons.

ok awesome exacly what i wanted :D was always going to OC first because the shitty cooler i have now probably wont be enough to keep those Xeons in check :P 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

9 minutes ago, Geeb_ said:

Hmm, well me and my friend did it with an X5450, seems like a pretty good little CPU, just check its compatibility with this graph:

http://www.delidded.com/lga-771-to-775-adapter/2/#chipset-compatibility-table

thanks good info, very useful resource that im currently reading through :) 

Builds:

Spoiler

turns out my board isnt too happy with putting Xeons in it and there are verry few that are actiualy confirmed to work with it so there is no meaning to it because the Xeons i can get are not that much better then my stock Q6600... :( so overclocking the Q6600 it is :) and then after that its getting an I5... and at that point it will be basically an as capable gaming machine as my main PC(cries in Swedish because my main PC cost a LOT of money....)

Builds:

Spoiler