info on the linus office server

Fucur

I got that 2 machine are for storage, one for the temporaly storage that use an ssd and another who use hdd for massive permanently storage.

But i can't get the utilyties of the last server, who is for editing (or something like that). 

Every linus's editing machine had a titan black sli (i'm speaking on the date of the video i'm talking about). Why would he need another titan black sli in remote server? Please explain me that, i really can't get it.

This is the video i'm refering

rendering while using the machine wastes alot of time

that machine does the rendering while they are editing

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

On 29/7/2016 at 1:28 AM, thekeemo said:

rendering while using the machine wastes alot of time

that machine does the rendering while they are editing

What? This is a bit hard to undetastand at me...

If they render while editing, how can that work? They modify a lot of time the project i think...

Just now, Fucur said:

What? This is a bit hard to undetastand at me...

If they render while editing, how can that work? They modify a lot of time the project i think...

Rendering one project while editing another

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

8 minutes ago, thekeemo said:

Rendering one project while editing another

Oh, but... how a sli of titan black for 9 peoples can be enought while they have a sli for each confiugrations and some of them has a quadro?

Just now, Fucur said:

Oh, but... how a sli of titan black for 9 peoples can be enought while they have a sli for each confiugrations and some of them has a quadro?

its still one project and its fine if rendering (total) takes 24 hours

1 hour ago, thekeemo said:

its still one project and its fine if rendering (total) takes 24 hours

And how a machine that have same hw but is away from your main machine can do it fastly? This is what i cant get honestly.

4 hours ago, Fucur said:

And how a machine that have same hw but is away from your main machine can do it fastly? This is what i cant get honestly.

The machine they are using is busy editing

It can't edit and render

On 30/7/2016 at 7:36 AM, thekeemo said:

The machine they are using is busy editing

It can't edit and render

Editing actually uses a lot of gpu and cpu prestation?

15 hours ago, Fucur said:

All the video is stored on the network. That system is just opening it from fire fileserver and running it like any other system. It just happens to be much faster, so it renders faster.

Think of it like this... Taran creates a project on his local computer, but instead of copying the video files to his computer, he loads all the files from a remote server directly, so in the project file you only have links to the remote files. When he's done editing, he saves the project and copies the file to the render server. The software on the render server reads the project file and finds the required files on the remote server and starts rendering the video.

This technique also allows you - if you want - to edit using a lower quality version of the source files (for example instead of loading 4K input files, load 1080p or 720p video files) and when you're done, just change the input files with the higher quality ones by editing the project file.

The video cards can be used both for decoding the various video files that are part of the project and to encode/render the video for Vessel or Youtube and possibly for other services. As far as I know LMG uses 4k Cineform video files as input files and the video decoder for this format can use video cards to accelerate decoding of 4K video frames, leaving the processor available to actually render the video as desired.

Video cards can also used to do other things, not just decoding content and rendering content. For example, in some videos I think they mentioned they use Black Magic's DaVinci Resolve to do color correction on various videos, and for that, a video card can accelerate the process a lot :