Hey i wanted to know the system of a internet caffe for gaming (diskless system) is the server using a lot of gpu card ? Or does the gpu card should be put inside the client pc? 

1 minute ago, defrid said:

Hey i wanted to know the system of a internet caffe for gaming (diskless system) is the server using a lot of gpu card ? Or does the gpu card should be put inside the client pc? 

I don't quite know what your whole question is, but I do know that game servers, or really any server, doesn't use graphics cards at all. Servers have them, but only for management purposes.

My native language is C++

1 minute ago, tt2468 said:

I don't quite know what your whole question is, but I do know that game servers, or really any server, doesn't use graphics cards at all. Servers have them, but only for management purposes.

Server provide something in the hard drive for client right? Like gaming programexample steam, call of duty etc 

what i wanted to know is does the client who want to run those games need a gpu for every client or not? 

Because what i know from a diskless server is that client only need a ssd for an os only

2 minutes ago, defrid said:

Server provide something in the hard drive for client right? Like gaming programexample steam, call of duty etc 

what i wanted to know is does the client who want to run those games need a gpu for every client or not? 

Because what i know from a diskless server is that client only need a ssd for an os only

yes the server will need a GPU for each clint in most cases

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

9 minutes ago, GDRRiley said:

So your opinion are that server doesn't need a gpu while client need one?

si that mean my server can't be used for gaming unless it just only for administrator? Like controling each client?

11 minutes ago, GDRRiley said:

Nvidia grid can let multiple users per gpu.

Just now, defrid said:

So your opinion are that server doesn't need a gpu while client need one?

si that mean my server can't be used for gaming unless it just only for administrator? Like controling each client?

if you are doing something like game streaming from steam the server will need a lot of GPUs

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

Nvidia grid can let multiple users per gpu.

Well i don't need something with 1 tower 7 gamers thing there would be 1 server 20 or so motherboard

Just now, defrid said:

Well i don't need something with 1 tower 7 gamers thing there would be 1 server 20 or so motherboard

You can run 16 people per gpu, depending on how much power you want. The cards are also dual gpu. look at the grid look for a grid k520

1 minute ago, GDRRiley said:

if you are doing something like game streaming from steam the server will need a lot of GPUs

So it does not work like that if it goes for steam? 

So you suggest that my server need a lot of gpus? 

For what i think is that the server provide a steam game that already installed in server so that the client under the server network would played something like dota or cs go with it own gpu (client)

4 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

You can run 16 people per gpu, depending on how much power you want. The cards are also dual gpu. look at the grid look for a grid k520

Well that system require 1 server mobo right?

My server is for gaming so i don't want my server do something more havier so that it can shortened my server hardware so that's why i want every 1 client have it own tower so my server won't do something heavier 

2 minutes ago, defrid said:

Well that system require 1 server mobo right?

My server is for gaming so i don't want my server do something more havier so that it can shortened my server hardware so that's why i want every 1 client have it own tower so my server won't do something heavier 

You don't need a server motherboard

You won't hurt the lifetime of the server.

How many users?

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

You don't need a server motherboard

You won't hurt the lifetime of the server.

How many users?

Why i don't need a server motherboard? So you said that i don't need a server motherboard but use a normal motherboard to run the whole network? 

i'm going with almost 20 pc (expanding) expecting almost 50 computer networking 

1 minute ago, defrid said:

Why i don't need a server motherboard? So you said that i don't need a server motherboard but use a normal motherboard to run the whole network? 

i'm going with almost 20 pc (expanding) expecting almost 50 computer networking 

Server motherboards aren't needed for this.

If your doing a internet cafe, this is the best solution(not cheap)

Buy a server rack and needed equment(swtich, ups)

Buy a few dell r7910's to host the vms and run citrix xen

Buy a dell wyse thinclients for every user alson with keybaord and mout

For 20 gamers you probably thinkin 50k for a good setup.

If you don't have that much money, buy cheap gaming pcs for every person.

15 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Server motherboards aren't needed for this.

If your doing a internet cafe, this is the best solution(not cheap)

Buy a server rack and needed equment(swtich, ups)

Buy a few dell r7910's to host the vms and run citrix xen

Buy a dell wyse thinclients for every user alson with keybaord and mout

For 20 gamers you probably thinkin 50k for a good setup.

If you don't have that much money, buy cheap gaming pcs for every person.

How about this this dbs2600cp4 intel server motherboard? It's very modular or it is a bad idea? Cause in the first place i think i'm going with this and a 1 xeon processor

29 minutes ago, defrid said:

How about this this dbs2600cp4 intel server motherboard? It's very modular or it is a bad idea? Cause in the first place i think i'm going with this and a 1 xeon processor

Whats your budget and how many users.

Don't pick a motherboad, make a solution.

Don't buy the board for 1 cpu, some slots are disabled.

3 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Whats your budget and how many users.

Don't pick a motherboad, make a solution.

Don't buy the board for 1 cpu, some slots are disabled.

Around 10k for the complete system i mean it already include client 20 for first time so it can boost on the build of the server cause i can copied the system of the client

6 minutes ago, defrid said:

Around 10k for the complete system i mean it already include client 20 for first time so it can boost on the build of the server cause i can copied the system of the client

Is this 10k for the server, or everything.

It will probably be cheaper to buy lowend gaming rigs for everyone.

8 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Is this 10k for the server, or everything.

It will probably be cheaper to buy lowend gaming rigs for everyone.

I think it will go for both server and client but how about tell me the server first using whole 10k 

Just now, defrid said:

I think it will go for both server and client but how about tell me the server first using whole 10k 

Personally I would buy a dell r7910 for the base. Its about 6 thousand with dual e5 2650 v4's

Then I would buy 2x k520 grid gpu's

Then I would install citrix xen and use that as the hypervisor.

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Personally I would buy a dell r7910 for the base. Its about 6 thousand with dual e5 2650 v4's

Then I would buy 2x k520 grid gpu's

Then I would install citrix xen and use that as the hypervisor.

I a little bit confuse with your build

I'm guessing that your build doesn't need a motherboard for client? Am i right? So when the whole 20 client acessing the server doesn't it will go snail cause the heavy performance of 20 client?

or maybe you do use a motherboard for client and using a wyse thin client like you said earlier? But i think it's no for gaming system? Cause what i think is even a single client also need a single gpu

13 minutes ago, defrid said:

I a little bit confuse with your build

I'm guessing that your build doesn't need a motherboard for client? Am i right? So when the whole 20 client acessing the server doesn't it will go snail cause the heavy performance of 20 client?

or maybe you do use a motherboard for client and using a wyse thin client like you said earlier? But i think it's no for gaming system? Cause what i think is even a single client also need a single gpu

I was planning on using thinclients for the host systems. You need something to connect to the screens. There about 200 each. It should be fine network wise 20 clients = 50mb/s more than enough for video. If you want mor you can use teaming. 

11 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

I was planning on using thinclients for the host systems. You need something to connect to the screens. There about 200 each. It should be fine network wise 20 clients = 50mb/s more than enough for video. If you want mor you can use teaming. 

Try to watch this i wanted to be like that

is it using something like your build?https://youtu.be/VL7

It just for something like playing dota 2 cod or something else

23 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

I can't watch the video

Well it contain a video of a ccboot