Best Cherry MX Switch And Keyboard For 50% Typing, 50% Gaming

Jrv01

Hi, I would like to know what the best switch and keyboard for me would be... I really like the Corsair K95, but it has Reds and I prefer Blues... I've tried Blues and Blacks in a shop (Razer Blackwidow Ultimate and Steelseries 6GV2). And I wasn't too impressed by the Blacks, but if Reds would work for typing then please could you lead me to the best direction.

>Cheers!< Jrv01

Keep posting guys!

I would highly recommend buying a sampler kit from WASD keyboards. Then you can make a decision for yourself.

I love browns for both gaming and typing, but that's just my preference.

Fractal Design Define S, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz, Noctua NH-D14, Asus Sabertooth Z77, EVGA 980Ti SC+, 4x8GB Corsair Vengence 1600MHz, EVGA P2 1000W, Creative sound blaster Z, 2xSamsung 850 120GB RAID 0, 2xWestern Digital Caviar Black 1TB Other stuffs: BenQ XL2411t, LG Flatron M2262D, Ducky Shine 3, Logitech G400s, Steelseries QCK Heavy, Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 80ohm, Shure SE215, Blue Snowball

Did you like how "light" the blues were, and prefer linear, go for reds. 
Otherwise blue

I'd go with blues or reds.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Browns. The best in between. Has a light tactile bump while still being light enough for fast keypresses.

Browns. But I prefer blue's for typing and gaming

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I really like the weight of the Blues, but it seems like the best keyboards are equipped with Cherry MX Reds... Or at least the coolest ones in my opinion. I would just like to know if Reds are ANY good at typing because of the linear feel. I mean is it going to make you a faster typer compared to a membrane or rubber dome keyboard.

>Cheers!< Jrv01

Keep posting guys!

BROWNS! But keep in mind every reply on this thread is subject to personal opinion.

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

I'd say Browns. Basically every switch except Black will give you nice typing experience, altough Blues, the best typing switches are believed to be bad for gaming.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

I'd say Browns. Basically every switch except Black will give you nice typing experience, altough Blues, the best typing switches are believed to be bad for gaming.

Just pressing some WASD keys at the shop didn't feel too bad for me... But I know that it wasn't your opinion (or was it  :blink: ) so that's just my opinion.

BROWNS! But keep in mind every reply on this thread is subject to personal opinion.

Yeah, it's definitely the preference of people that can make them have the perfect switch... I think that by looking at people's posts it'll be browns like everybody has suggested. Just gotta find a cool keyboard that has them. Maybe that could be my next question :)

>Cheers!< Jrv01

Keep posting guys!

Best switches for typing and gaming are the ones you like best =P

Get a sampler kit from WASD or Cooler Master and try them. You'll get a refund on the sampler from CM if you order a CM keyboard after.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Best switches for typing and gaming are the ones you like best =P

Get a sampler kit from WASD or Cooler Master and try them. You'll get a refund on the sampler from CM if you order a CM keyboard after.

Wow, thanks for letting me know! I pretty much know that it'll be browns, since those were almost my first option after I tried the blues. Hey, a swiss guy here eh? Nice to see some neighbors :)

>Cheers!< Jrv01

Keep posting guys!

Wow, thanks for letting me know! I pretty much know that it'll be browns, since those were almost my first option after I tried the blues. Hey, a swiss guy here eh? Nice to see some neighbors :)

>Cheers!< Jrv01

Np ^^

You might want to contact CM about the sampler refund. Depending on where you are located. ^^

So, what would you guys say is the best mechanical keyboard out there. Preferably with Cherry MX Browns, Blues are okay but it seems like Browns are the way to go. I really like the Das Keyboard, but it doesn't have backlighting which would be a cool feature but not a must have. The Corsair K95 only comes with Reds (noooo!!!!!). So what do you think?

>Cheers!< Jrv01

Keep posting guys!

Oh, and just to add to my post, I right now type around 100 wpm with a rubber dome keyboard. I wonder how much my speed would rise?

>Cheers!< Jrv01

Keep posting guys!

So, what would you guys say is the best mechanical keyboard out there. Preferably with Cherry MX Browns, Blues are okay but it seems like Browns are the way to go. I really like the Das Keyboard, but it doesn't have backlighting which would be a cool feature but not a must have. The Corsair K95 only comes with Reds (noooo!!!!!). So what do you think?

>Cheers!< Jrv01

My brother recently got the Logitech G710+. Brown Switches, media keys, white backlight on all keys, o-rings preapplied [if you don't like them, you can simply remove then ^^] Very very nice keyboard.

g710-gaming-keyboard-images.png

Blues are best for typing IMO..I love my blue switches..

Thanks, not a huge fan of Logitech keyboards so might not be the best option for me... Thanks a lot still though!

>Cheers!< Jrv01

Keep posting guys!

Blues are best for typing IMO..I love my blue switches..

No doubt, I can perfectly understand what you are saying :P

>Cheers!< Jrv01

Keep posting guys!

No doubt, I can perfectly understand what you are saying :P

>Cheers!< Jrv01

I have a cooler master TK and it's a great keyboard.

Anybody have other recommendations for a good mechanical keyboard? I would like to get as much information as possible :P

>Cheers!< Jrv01

Keep posting guys!

I am using red and they are for sure not good for typing. But if u r a pro typist like 100 or more wpm then u can consider red. But me being below average I would say brown. The Basic problem with red is that they can be pressed easily so u tend to make more mistakes. IMO Blues are great for typing only and browns are like in the center of red and blue. Though I would suggest u to try them out personally because everyone have different requirements. For me the looks and feel of keyboard are important because all I do is gaming surfing and movies on my PC so I went with Corsair K70.

It's the keyboard AND the keyswitches. Something Like the Gamdias hermes, which has light blue key switches (sometimes I gotta thank Linus for showing me the American market's tech) so you need to look into that. It all comes down to you and what you like. For me, I have pretty thick and strong fingers, so blues are ideal; but my sister needs reds. It comes down to you and your stature.

I am using red and they are for sure not good for typing. But if u r a pro typist like 100 or more wpm then u can consider red. But me being below average I would say brown. The Basic problem with red is that they can be pressed easily so u tend to make more mistakes. IMO Blues are great for typing only and browns are like in the center of red and blue. Though I would suggest u to try them out personally because everyone have different requirements. For me the looks and feel of keyboard are important because all I do is gaming surfing and movies on my PC so I went with Corsair K70.

I've heard that since the Reds are so easy to press, they should make you quicker... BTW, I do type over 100 WPM so it could be an option :P

>Cheers!< Jrv01

Keep posting guys!