Best Cherry MX Switch And Keyboard For 50% Typing, 50% Gaming

Jrv01

If you find that MX Browns are too easily pressed as well, and you want to stick in the realm of tactile non-clicky switches, give MX Clears a shot. They are heavier browns.

I have a cooler master TK and it's a great keyboard.

Another CM Storm TK owner here, and I love my Blues for gaming. I was actually taken back by how light blues were. I've been using keyboards since the 80's and owned a few IBM keyboards in various models. Over the years I went through logitech and microsoft gaming keyboards but now switched to the previously mentioned CM Storm TK with mx cherry blues.

They are really comfortable, and easy to game with.

I got browns for my first mechanical keyboard because I do typing and gaming. The G710+ is a keyboard that I would recommend for a Cherry MX Brown keyboard because it has O-ring beneath the keycaps which will help dampen the noise and it has a bright white led backlight.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

it is absolutely the reds!  and you can even put those o-rings on there so they're all quiet! but I have not done this. :) 

If you type fast already and don't mind noise then mx blues are the way to go imo.
There are loads of different keyboards out there which have them. I'm using a tournament edition blackwidow since it doesn't have a numpad and is so easy to transport x).

I7 3770K | GTX 770 amp! | 12gb DDR3 @1600mhz | 250gb OCZ Vertex 450 & 2TB WD Black 

Brown or Red is my suggestion.

CPU: i5 4670k @ 4.6-4.4 GHz| Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (White/Blue) | Motherbord: ASUS Maximus VI Hero|
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8GB (Red) 1600MHz CL9 GPU: ASUS DirectCU II OC GTX 670 4GB (GTX670-DC2-4GD5) Power Supply: Corsair AX760i
Others: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB, WD Green 2TB, 2 Toshiba 500GB, CM TPC 612, Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Stealth Edition, Razer Naga 2013, Razer Electra (oh this is shit...), Razer Moray+ , Razer Goliathus Speed Edition, Audio Technica ATH2500

Thanks for the replies guys! Really hard, but I guess it'll have to be my favorite which is Blues. I think that it'll be the Corsair K70, but I'm fully open to suggestions!

>Cheers!< Jrv01

Keep posting guys!