*NEW* Titan x possible bandwidth issues

Will I have any bandwidth issues if I get a *new*(hasn't yet been released) Titan X? My understanding is the gp102 architecture is not to far from hitting the cap of pcie3. I'm running an ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 with 2 pciex16/8 and 2 pciex8 along with an Intel Core i7-5820K. I know the GTX1080 I recently purchased is safe, but what about the Titan X with its 30% performance increase?

Also which slot should I use for the Titan x? A pciex16/8 or pciex8?

Thanks
Here are the Titan X specs:
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/10series/titan-x-pascal

Oh, I thought the specs listed on NVIDIA's site was enough. I guess maybe I'll wait to buy one.

Important note! Don't buy the new titan X for gaming PLEASE.

Specs are never enough, though the chances of the Titan XP being fluff are next to non existent. The Titan XP will be a monster.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Just now, spidsepttk said:

Important note! Don't buy the new titan X for gaming PLEASE.

Why? The cost to performance sucks, but if you want the best that doesn't matter.

Don't forget that Nvidia has pretty good bandwidth compression so they can get away with a slightly lower speed in most cases. 

1 minute ago, App4that said:

Why? The cost to performance sucks, but if you want the best that doesn't matter.

If you don't care about how much it costs, go for it, but if you care about price to performance, the gtx 1080 should do about everything you throw at it.

The 980 wasn't constrained by running 8x in a Gen 3 slot. I can't imagine the new Titan XP will have any trouble with the full 16 lanes, may still even by fine with 8.

Just now, spidsepttk said:

If you don't care about how much it costs, go for it, but if you care about price to performance, the gtx 1080 should do about everything you throw at it.

I doubt many people looking to buy a 1200us dollar Titan XP are looking for a bargain xD 

But it's still cheaper than 1080s in SLI, or a Pro Duo.

6 minutes ago, App4that said:

Though it depends whether it will indeed be the best, the Maxwell Titan X wasn't, as an aftermarket 980Ti beats it :P

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

The *only* reason I'm considering it is, with the slight performance increase i should be able to run 4K @ 60fps. I understand that the GTX1080 can only achieve something like 40-45fps. Also... I'm in posession of 2 Asus GTX1080 OC editions, one of which was a gift. I'm planning to sell both brand new, and use the money for the titanx as long as it will in fact get me 4K @ 60fps. The general consensus seems to be that the 1080s in SLI won't get me the performance I'm looking for in every game since it depends on a few factors: drivers, game development, etc. I understand that SLI performance varies from game to game.

1 minute ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Though it depends whether it will indeed be the best, the Maxwell Titan X wasn't, as an aftermarket 980Ti beats it :P

xD Bull Shit xD Have you spent time around a liquid cooled Titan X? That little old wives tale goes right out the window xD 

Also can anyone answer my  pciex16/8 or pciex8? I'm pretty sure the answer is pciex16/8, but I'm not 100%.

Might not be the best for long if Vega is good enough for Nvidia to release the full chip but it will cost a fortune. 

Just now, App4that said:

xD Bull Shit xD Have you spent time around a liquid cooled Titan X? That little old wives tale goes right out the window xD 

Oh I'm not talking about that titan X :P

There's so few aftermarket Titan X's in existence that I didn't even take them under consideration :P

ZT-90402-10P_image7_w_600.jpg

Not to mention the EVGA Hybrid one

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

1 minute ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Oh I'm not talking about that titan X :P

There's so few aftermarket Titan X's in existence that I didn't even take them under consideration :P

Not to mention the EVGA Hybrid one

For 100 bones you can throw on a AIO from EVGA, the same one found on mime. In fact, mine came with everything I need to put the AIO on my card on a Titan X.

where did you hear that the gp102 comes close to maxing out PCIe X16 Gen3? it should be fine on 8x, and work well (but not to it's full potential) on x4

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

6 minutes ago, LeapFrogMasterRace said:

Might not be the best for long if Vega is good enough for Nvidia to release the full chip but it will cost a fortune. 

All but guaranteed now. Nvida says the Titan is it's own line, so bye bye 1080ti and hello Titan (?).

29 minutes ago, terablaze said:

Will I have any bandwidth issues if I get a *new*(hasn't yet been released) Titan X? My understanding is the gp102 architecture is not to far from hitting the cap of pcie3. I'm running an ASUS RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 with 2 pciex16/8 and 2 pciex8 along with an Intel Core i7-5820K. I know the GTX1080 I recently purchased is safe, but what about the Titan X with its 30% performance increase?

Also which slot should I use for the Titan x? A pciex16/8 or pciex8?

Thanks
Here are the Titan X specs:
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/10series/titan-x-pascal

If you are gaming on a high resulution like 4k (please tell me you are playing on at least 1 4k screen) it will not be a problem. If somehow you play on a 1080p 1000Hz monitor (I know that isnt a thing) CPU and PCIE bottlenecks will be an issue.