Most embarrassing PC part you have?

Bluejay0

an nVida geforce 6100 le ... it is terrible, even minecraft lags  

I think a Voodoo can out preform it...

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I still have a hard drive...

?

Nothing wrong with that :P

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

another repost because I accidentally deleted the picture in my last post on here

gallery_37813_564_219529.jpg

you sir are a freakin demon

Asus Axe Square Limited Edition Gold, its pretty cool looking but still a bit embarrassing (especially as the LED's are orange, blue on the fans and red on the cpu cooler), this was put in by the guy who helped spec out my Pc it was built only 1 and a half years ago so I have no idea why he put cooler in from 2008.

Office pc has an ATI 4550, still runs better than the Intel Atom Pc's at college

90-pn5e1am-00000-2.jpg

my i3-540 cpu which ive been using in my pc for 3.5 years at about 120dig Celsius, god help my pc

When I built my first rig, i didn't understand the difference between a Core 2 Quad and a Core i5. So I built a rig in September of 2009 with a 775 chipset. =\
Core 2 Quad Q9550 "2.8Ghz is much better than that i5's 2.4!" -Me, est 2009
Asus P5QL-Pro "The motherboard doesn't matter, right? I can overclock on anything!" -Me, est 2009

4Gb DDR2 1066 Gskill RAM "i'd rather 4Gb of old ram than 2Gb of DDR3" - Me, est 2009

Western Digital Green Drive "It is 1 Terabyte and cheaper than the black drive" -Me, est 2009

EVGA GTX 260 (it's actually not bad choice)

A lot of "sigh"ing on my part. If I could go back, I'd do:

i5 

SLI motherboard

2Gb DDR3 (upgrade later)

GTX 9800 (then upgrade in March 2010 to dual GTX 460)

500Gb Western Digital Black, 1Tb Western Digital green

In the end that would have been a better choice. Alas I didn't know about LinusTechTips, TTL, etc back then. =\

[TRUENO] i7 4770k (~4.4Ghz, 1.28v) || Thermalright Macho 120 || Asus Z87 Gryphon || 2x8Gb Mushkin Blackline|| Reference NVIDIA GTX770 || Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB || 2x3TB WD HDD || Corsair 350D || Corsair RM750

My shitty HDD from like 2007. It's horrible. Write speed is about 50 mb/s

An xfx 7970.

:(

I hate xfx. so rubbish

Retried Battlefield Moderator EA Star Wars Battlefront Senior Moderator  Battlefield Moderator and EA Champion

Asus Axe Square Limited Edition Gold, its pretty cool looking but still a bit embarrassing (especially as the LED's are orange, blue on the fans and red on the cpu cooler), this was put in by the guy who helped spec out my Pc it was built only 1 and a half years ago so I have no idea why he put cooler in from 2008.

Office pc has an ATI 4550, still runs better than the Intel Atom Pc's at college

love it! 1337

My standard CPU fan.

AMD FX 6300 | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ | HITACHI ULTRASTAR 1TB 7200RPM HDD | XFX RADEON HD 7950 3GB | 8GB DDR3-1600 MUSHKIN BLACKLINE | OCZ ZT 550W 80+ BRONZE PSU | ZALMAN Z5 PLUS CASE | LITE-ON iHDS118-04 DVD/CD DRIVE | BENQ GW2255 21.5" MONITOR

My mouse. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: Asus Z87 PRO | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 | Graphics Card: Asus GTX 670 Direct CU II OC | SSD128GB Samsung 840 Evo  | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Case: CM Storm Scout 2 | Monitor: 2x LG 22EA53VQ IPS 

I guess when building my computer not a few months back i put myself a budget of 1000, including OS, Monitor, and everything else EXCEPT a new mouse and keyboard.

My motherboard is also one of those MSI boards that OC not bad, no coil whine, and overall looks good, except that you can't SLI it like i planned to do and get a second 660Ti when more money was freed up. That and including a TX3 rather than spend 10-20 more and get a 212 Evo or something a bit better. So after building my computer and without a keyboard and mouse my mind had the brillant idea that i'll go to staples and get a mouse and keyboard because they carry mechanical keyboards right? well that was bad idea number one, number two came by getting a Gigabyte M7-Force mouse, good feel, and nice size except a few months in i'm getting weird issues that it doesn't track the right way and the only way to fix it is unplug it and replug it a few times to get it to work....

Many things i'll remember when building my next computer.

CPU:i5-3570k OC'd to 4.0 MOBO: MSI Z77A-G41 GPU: Asus 660Ti 2Gb OC Case: NZXT Source 210 Black and Windowed RAM: Kingston HyperX Black Series 8GB Storage: WD 1TB Caviar Black, 3TB WD Green, 120GB Kingston HyperX CPU Cooler: CM TX3 PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750W OS: Win 7 Perf: Corsair M65, Acer S220HQLAbd 21.5" Main with 17" Secondary, a Corsair K70, and ATH-M50's.

I'm gonna have to say my laptop, bought it in 2009 or something, it has and AMD Sempron SI-42, running at 2.1 GHz, with 4 GB of DDR2 RAM, running at 800 MHz. it also has an nVidia GeForce 8200M G graphics card, with 256 MB of dedicated GDDR3 Vram! 1366x768 screen, 15,6", and it's glossy. I hate glossy screens. It''s an HP Compaq Presario CQ60-300SO, just so you know. I changed the harddrive, for a newer 320GB Seagate Barracuda, 5400 RPM drive. It's lacking like 6 different keys, and it's also a super bad keyboard, doesn't pass my keyboard test.

Fun things I've done with it: overclocked the cpu from 2.1 to 2.6 GHz once, using nVidia software to boost the FSB, through the Nforce chipset the motherboard was using. yes really. I also overclocked the graphics card from 400 to 500 MHz, and gained a few frames in the games I managed to start with this laptop. I also ran Speedfan, monitoring temps for about a year. typical idle was 60 degrees celsius on both cpu and gpu. One time, while updating an iPad to iOS 5, the cpu (according to speedfan) topped 108 degrees celsius. and of course, the cooling was super loud and horrible, as all HP laptops. the heat off it went through the heat-shielding of the display connector, making it sort of short, making the entire picture go completely nuts. This was covered by warranty though, so I got a new screen and internal display connector. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

An xfx 7970.

:(

I hate xfx. so rubbish

I actually love XFX. I had a card that went bum and the RMA facility is 20 miles from my place, and I got an upgraded card back to boot. 

[TRUENO] i7 4770k (~4.4Ghz, 1.28v) || Thermalright Macho 120 || Asus Z87 Gryphon || 2x8Gb Mushkin Blackline|| Reference NVIDIA GTX770 || Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB || 2x3TB WD HDD || Corsair 350D || Corsair RM750

i dont really have anything to be ashamed of in my setup because it`s fairly new all of it but a friend of me had a laptop not wanting too boot and they trubbleshooted it and found out one of the ramsticks didnt work, it was a 3 gb ram laptop and the 2gb ram stick was broken :P 

that laptop is really really really slow and wuld probaly make it high on the most embarrasing pc part/equipment list :P

internal 2.5" floppy drive bay:(  idk why I installed it.  its pretty legacy, and is that really ugly shade of whitish beige plastic. does not go well with my nzxt phantom origional.

If you actually need it for some ridiculous reason maybe paint the faceplate black?

My System - Featuring Custom Laser Etching: (Out of Date - Need to update with current system pictures)
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/11149-my-custom-rig-ft-custom-laser-etching/

an old hp proliant ml110 g4 server from 2006... it has 512 mb...drivers are stuck at windows server 2003 :(  :(  

Corsair C70|i7 3930K|Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600Mhz|Asrock x79 Extreme6|Samsung SSD 256GB|WD Green 3TB|Corsair H100i|Corsair TX750m |GTX 780 Palit Super JetStream (review here https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/54814-palit-gtx780-superjetstream-review/ )  -_-|

STILL LEARNING ENGLISH  :P  :P  :P

My 15yr old network card (onboard network interface died)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

The fact that my HTPCs only have 2GB RAM Each,and uses 5400RPM laptop drives.One Hitachi,one Scorpio blue.

I have a couple of cheap Chinese car LED strips, because I didn't want to spend a lot of money on case lights. I gout bot of the LED strips for 4USD form a local shop. :D  

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

I have a couple of cheap Chinese car LED strips, because I didn't want to spend a lot of money on case lights. I gout bot of the LED strips for 4USD form a local shop. :D

That's not embarrassing... that's smart! ;)

My Rig:

OS: MSX CPU:Intel i5 4690K RAM: 16GB Averix Core Series  GPU: XFX R9 280X SSD:128GB Crucial M4 Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-Z97N Wifi Powersupply: Corsair HX750 CPU Cooler: Corsair H60i Case: Corsair 250D Monitors: Asus VE278 and Asus VW202 Keyboard: Steel Series 6G V2 Mouse: CM Sentinel Advanced Audio: Objective 2 ODAC Headphones: Senheiser HD595

GT 520 1.01GHz

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

I've got an asus z7100, with an nVidia 6600go... Can't watch anything 720p+, but it does run Starcraft 2 pixelated edition