Computer Melting?

//FTP

Could my computer components melt if it gets any hotter?

Capture.PNG

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

Its a laptop, so its probably fine(my macbook air has ran at temps like that for weeks straight and its fine)

macbooks and their poor cooling, I would know lol

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

push it a few more degrees and make some noodles xD 

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

Nope. It will auto-shutdown first. Steel has over 1kC melt point. Silicon has it at 1400C. Plastics will be first but they too need over 100C constant and on the point heatsource. That software is measuring temp at the core of CPU, not near plastics of laptop.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

11 hours ago, babadoctor said:

You should PROBABLY shut it off. now.

11 hours ago, ttam said:

Just turn that poor thing off and get a new cooler or fix the seating of it...

I just got this brand new Mac, because my old one caught on fire (idk how, but it did). I don't see why I would already need to get new cooler, but I did change the position. Even after I changed the position of the mac, I still got the same temps. I am just waiting for one more part to come in the mail, and I will be able to build myself a computer.

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

5 hours ago, ScottThePC said:

I just got this brand new Mac, because my old one caught on fire (idk how, but it did). I don't see why I would already need to get new cooler, but I did change the position. Even after I changed the position of the mac, I still got the same temps. I am just waiting for one more part to come in the mail, and I will be able to build myself a computer.

what are you running to achieve these temperatures? 

The actual heat death of a computer is way higher but those temps at a long time will shorten the life span of your parts considerably

17 hours ago, FrankV said:

what are you running to achieve these temperatures? 

Just running a couple applications (Browser with 4 tabs and I have Microsoft word open). I am giving it a ton of air, but it still gets really hot.

10 hours ago, TheCube said:

The actual heat death of a computer is way higher but those temps at a long time will shorten the life span of your parts considerably

Ok, thanks! My old Mac got to 200C somehow, and then it just died.

6 hours ago, ScottThePC said:

Just running a couple applications (Browser with 4 tabs and I have Microsoft word open). I am giving it a ton of air, but it still gets really hot.

COuld you post a screen shot of task maanger with the higher CPU usage tasks on top? Something isn't right or your computer is super dusty; 

23 hours ago, ScottThePC said:

Ok, thanks! My old Mac got to 200C somehow, and then it just died.

wow, that isn't good 

200ºC= 392.0000ºF