Best deal you ever got on computer parts?

GamerGuyEbby

4790k $280 CAD

and you just ripped off a charity good job

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

3 minutes ago, TheCheesecake said:

testing products people donated...

I bought the whole thing for 20$.

So you took advantage of a (charity?) garage sale? Good for you. /s

Sony vaio i7 720qm , GT330M,8GB for £5 , waiting for PSU to test it.( its worth £300+ if it works on ebay)

Otherwise R9 290 for £160 in 2014

I got a Logitech 5.1 surround sound speaker system with 120W bass for around $20. Retail price was over $100 but I had mad gift cards from family members.

5 minutes ago, frozeNNN said:

Pictures or it didn't happen :) 

Yeah,thinking about that deal it's impossible,considering its heavy and has a window so he must have seen the parts inside

2 minutes ago, keNNySOC said:

Yeah,thinking about that deal it's impossible,considering its heavy and has a window so he must have seen the parts inside

Also i would like to see that idiot who would give that kind of hardware for free. (i7,32GB RAM and Titan. For other things i would believe)

1 minute ago, frozeNNN said:

Also i would like to see that idiot who would give that kind of hardware for free. (i7,32GB RAM and Titan. For other things i would believe)

Well it wasn't free,he said he payed $20 and the guy apparently did not know the case was filled with hardware,which considering its heavy and has a window its almost impossible

1 minute ago, keNNySOC said:

Well it wasn't free,he said he payed $20 and the guy apparently did not know the case was filled with hardware,which considering its heavy and has a window its almost impossible

I mean on the guy who owned it before it got there on sale.

1 minute ago, frozeNNN said:

I mean on the guy who owned it before it got there on sale.

It's just impossible

a community garage sale is not necessarily a charity.  More likely it's just a bunch of neighbors who got together to sell their junk.  The original owner of the PC is probably pissed that the organizer let it go for $20.  

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

4 'used' 2tb HGST Ultrastar drives from a local PC shop. £38 a drive. Got them & installed them, checked the SMART data, they hadnt even been removed from the packet prior to my ownership, 0 power ups 0 hours. (as far as I know the SMART wipe work around only worked on older Seagate drives).

PC:

Monolith(Laptop): CPU: i7 5700HQ GPU: GTX 980M 8GB RAM: 2x8GB 1600MHz Storage: 2x128GB Samsung 850 EVO(Raid 0) + 1TB HGST 7200RPM Model: Gigabyte P35XV4 Mouse: Razer Orochi Headset: Turtle Beach Stealth 450

IoT:

Router: Netgear D7000 Nighthawk

NAS: Synology DS218j, 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf

Media Accelerator: Nvidia Shield via Plex

Phone: Sony Xperia X Compact

44 minutes ago, Harvey-Specter said:

So you took advantage of a (charity?) garage sale? Good for you. /s

26 minutes ago, CostcoSamples said:

a community garage sale is not necessarily a charity.  More likely it's just a bunch of neighbors who got together to sell their junk.  The original owner of the PC is probably pissed that the organizer let it go for $20.  

Its not a charity thing, I was just volunteering because I need community service hours, the price tag was 20$, and if I hadn't bought it, someone else would've for the same price. Also, its not like Im affluent, I couldnt afford even a 500$ pc, so theres no way I wasn't going to take the opportunity to achieve what I've always wanted.

2 minutes ago, TheCheesecake said:

Its not a charity thing, I was just volunteering because I need community service hours, the price tag was 20$, and if I hadn't bought it, someone else would've for the same price. Also, its not like Im affluent, I couldnt afford even a 500$ pc, so theres no way I wasn't going to take the opportunity to achieve what I've always wanted.

I wish thjat happend but the world is not like that, too good to be true

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Old Build (sold for 290€)

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Project Frug 50$ Water loop

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

3 minutes ago, TheCheesecake said:

IMG_0292.JPG

IMG_0293.JPG

IMG_0294.JPG

IMG_0295.JPG

IMG_0296.JPG

Why did you take your GPU out?

5 minutes ago, frozeNNN said:

just to take the picture, so y'all could see the "titan" lettering

Just now, TheCheesecake said:

Congratz on that rig but i still don't see anyone who would donate that rig for free

Also, for those saying he would've noticed the computer, it turns out that I was totally wrong, and I don't know what kind of case it is, because theres no window, and it's shaped slightly differently than a phantom 820

And yeah, I was absolutely shocked that someone would've just given it to a garage sale. But, when I turned it on, the only stuff on there was a bunch of aviation software and simulators. Also, a bunch of viruses. I wiped it.

Edited by TheCheesecake

11 minutes ago, frozeNNN said:

9 minutes ago, TheCheesecake said:

I literally died

6 minutes ago, keNNySOC said:

@frozeNNN Wait...didn't his original post say Gigabyte X79?

I made a mistake for the parts lol...

it originally read "gigabyte Z87", but its actually an ASRock. Idk why i put gigabyte