GPU utilization in Crossfire setup on GPU1 is 0%

I've got two Radeon 7750s in Crossfire, yet I can't seem to get the setup to work on any Crossfire enabled games. Whilst GPU2 shows utilization, GPU1 always sits at 0%. Opening AMD Radeon Settings shows the GPU, but has "Disabled" in parentheses next to the name. Device Manager shows both GPUs enabled though. I have disabled ULPS.

Any ideas?

Does your motherboard support Crossfire?

**If its showing in the device manager I think it does but I could be wrong, what motherboard are you using?

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

3 hours ago, Moress said:

Does your motherboard support Crossfire?

**If its showing in the device manager I think it does but I could be wrong, what motherboard are you using?

'course. MSI x48c Platinum

17 minutes ago, JMY1000 said:

'course. MSI x48c Platinum

Are you running the most current BIOS?

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

19 hours ago, Moress said:

Are you running the most current BIOS?

Yes.

Do 7750s require a Crossfire bridge? If so do you have one on them? 

Are you running your games fullscreen?

Have you tried reinstalling the cards?

Sorry to ask but have you enabled crossfire? 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Have you actually troubleshooted the issue by creating custom profiles, disabling GPU 2 and making sure everything is in order with GPU 1 running at full tilt?

Also, I use this as one thing to eliminate with older xfire setups. Don't forget to check if the xfire bridge is dead. Have another one handy.

OS: W10 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth P67 | CPU: i7 2600k @ 4.6 | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz | GPU: x2 MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G | Storage: x2 WD CB 1TB, x1 WD CB 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | Spare a moment for Night Theme Users:

Spoiler

I'm an erudite cave-dwelling Troglodyte
I frequent LinusTechTips past midnight
Dark backgrounds I crave 
For my sun-seared red gaze
I'll molest you if you don't form your text right

8 hours ago, Moress said:

Do 7750s require a Crossfire bridge? If so do you have one on them? 

Are you running your games fullscreen?

Have you tried reinstalling the cards?

7750s don't require a crossfire BRIDGE. All games are running in fullscreen, and though I haven't reseated the cards, I believe the problem started with an upgrade to the latest drivers (previously a badge displayed in the upper left corner, though I don't know if utilization was actually occurring on the other GPU.)

9 hours ago, App4that said:

Sorry to ask but have you enabled crossfire? 

For each game, yes. Unless there's a universal switch somewhere that I don't know about.

1 minute ago, JMY1000 said:

For each game, yes. Unless there's a universal switch somewhere that I don't know about.

The catalyst control panel used to have a universal switch, I thought Crimson did too but haven't used the newest version to know. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

9 hours ago, LooneyJuice said:

Have you actually troubleshooted the issue by creating custom profiles, disabling GPU 2 and making sure everything is in order with GPU 1 running at full tilt?

Also, I use this as one thing to eliminate with older xfire setups. Don't forget to check if the xfire bridge is dead. Have another one handy.

I haven't. Do you have a guide somewhere I could follow for the latest drivers?

As a note, the 7750s don't require a bridge.

40 minutes ago, App4that said:

The catalyst control panel used to have a universal switch, I thought Crimson did too but haven't used the newest version to know. 

AMD Additional Settings no longer includes a universal switch as of the latest drivers. It used to (as well as an option to have a badge in the upper right.)

10 minutes ago, JMY1000 said:

7750s require a bridge dude.

10 hours ago, JMY1000 said:

Understood. If you're on Crimsons, you just go to the gaming menu, pick said game, and under "Profile Graphics" there should be a field named "AMD Crossfire Mode" or something. It should have a couple of sub modes. Default, AFR, optimized 1x1, AFR Compatible and Disabled. Bare in mind, occasionally, it used to be the case that Crimson Crossfire settings were not applied to some games, so you may have to confirm with a couple of titles. When disabled, the top 7750 should be running full tilt.

The hardware troubleshooting after that is swapping the actual cards around.

OS: W10 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth P67 | CPU: i7 2600k @ 4.6 | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz | GPU: x2 MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G | Storage: x2 WD CB 1TB, x1 WD CB 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | Spare a moment for Night Theme Users:

Spoiler

Dark backgrounds I crave 

2 hours ago, LooneyJuice said:

Understood. If you're on Crimsons, you just go to the gaming menu, pick said game, and under "Profile Graphics" there should be a field named "AMD Crossfire Mode" or something. It should have a couple of sub modes. Default, AFR, optimized 1x1, AFR Compatible and Disabled. Bare in mind, occasionally, it used to be the case that Crimson Crossfire settings were not applied to some games, so you may have to confirm with a couple of titles. When disabled, the top 7750 should be running full tilt.

The hardware troubleshooting after that is swapping the actual cards around.

Will do, thanks. Would disabling one of the devices through device manager suffice as well?

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I know I've seen 7750s when they came out with a crossfire connector.

Never seen one, let me know if you find one.

Just now, JMY1000 said:

Never seen one, let me know if you find one.

I honestly can't be arsed, if you have cards without fingers that can do CFX then me finding a card with fingers won't help you out in the first place.

4 hours ago, JMY1000 said:

Will do, thanks. Would disabling one of the devices through device manager suffice as well?

Theoretically you could do that as well, but it's pretty brute force. I'd go the soft route first. Because disabling a device like that may lead to other issues

Spoiler

Dark backgrounds I crave 

• 4 weeks later...

Some recent update appears to have fixed this, not sure how or when exactly. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯