Overheating WIFI adapter?

RGProductions

So some of you may remember my post about my bad internet, and I finally found the cause. It turns out my wifi adapter overheats after about 5 minutes of use and speeds go to 0, but when it hasn't overheated it saturates my connection (15 down 5 up). Any advice?

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

6 minutes ago, RGProductions said:

So some of you may remember my post about my bad internet, and I finally found the cause. It turns out my wifi adapter overheats after about 5 minutes of use and speeds go to 0, but when it hasn't overheated it saturates my connection (15 down 5 up). Any advice?

You could try to put a heatsink on it or point a fan at it.

[GUIDE] LGA 771 Mod for Dell Vostro 220 [GUIDE] LGA 775 BSEL Mod [BUILD] The Mighty Radeon-Powered Dell [VIDEO] Evolution of Intel CPUs

Can you game on an 8-year-old i7? Is the 4-year-old GTX 660 still relevant? Upgrading the HP Pro 3500

Main Rig:

Spoiler

CPU Intel Core i7 4930k @ 4.3GHz | Motherboard ASUS P9X79 Deluxe | RAM Hynix 32GB (8x4GB) 2133MHz CL11 | GPU Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | Case NZXT Phantom 410 | Storage Samsung 850EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU Cooler Master G650M (650W) | Monitors x1 Dell U2515H, x2 Dell 1907FP | Cooling Noctua NH-D14 w. x2 NF-F12 iPPC-2000 PWM | Keyboard Logitech G610 ORION BROWN | Mouse Logitech Performance MX | OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64

Just now, oskarha said:

You could try to put a heatsink on it or point a fan at it.

at that point I would just buy a new adapter to satisfy me until I get Ethernet set up

Just now, Belgiangurista said:

Curious, what brand and type are you using?

This crappy thing, but it worked fine for years 

16 minutes ago, Belgiangurista said:

TP-Link T4U Archer to replace it. Cheap, 28$, a bit big for a laptop but amazing WiFi stick, Amazon link

might consider it, because I am not on a laptop

This is actually one of the down falls of USB networking products. With a PCI express card you would most likely get some sort of heat sink that would help dissipate heat. Its a well known fact that AC cards can get hot. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.