AMD Polaris Giveaway

1 hour ago, nicklmg said:

So AMD's new graphics cards are here, and they are pretty sick... But what's even more sick than hearing about a new graphics card? Owning one for yourself!

Aw yeah man, we are giving away one Polaris 10 video card and one Polaris 11 video card thanks to our good friends over at AMD.

So, how do you enter to win one of these fine graphics cards?

1. Post a comment below telling us what graphics card you're using in your rig and why you want an upgrade to AMD's Polaris lineup. The two winners will be selected at random, so no, the content of your comment doesn't REALLY matter, but this is more fun than seeing 800 posts of "I want it" or "gibe nao pls."

2. Check back here in about a week when the names of our two winners will be added to the OP (giveaway execution is an art not a science people, so I apologize in advance if winners aren't announced in exactly one week).

3. Check your inbox here on the forum to make sure you didn't miss it. Our winners' usernames will be added to the OP here, so if you have any question about the legitimacy of a congratulatory message regarding this giveaway, please be sure to check back here and see if your name has been added.

And, while this isn't a requirement, feel free to give our friends over at @AMDRadeon on Twitter a follow.

Winners will be PMed from this account on the forum. Please do not consider winner messages from any other user in regards to this giveaway.

This giveaway is worldwide with no age restriction.

Best of luck to all!!

I have a r7 240 and its a "stupid product and no one buy it".And clearly im a stupid enough person to buy it.Dear linustechtils who classified me as a stupid person, please make me a non stupid person anymore ?

Running a clapped out 7970 and need a new upgrade for that Battlefield One goodness!

I currently am using a Radeon HD 6950. I love it, but i need a short boost to keep up with current games while i'm saving up for the mighty 1070. 

I currently have a r9 290, and I'd love to get a second card in order to build another rig! 

I currently use an R9 280X.

I currently attend college on the Post-9/11 GI Bill, but the housing stipend doesn't cover housing 4 months out of the year, so those 4 months of rent come out of pocket and my savings has dwindled over the last 2 years of college; therefore, I can't afford to upgrade to Polaris.

Im running dual 660ti's (not sli'd cause the motherboard doesnt do sli :( ) and was kinda hoping to get a more powerful single card solution for heat and noise and performance reasons

well i don't have a gaming grafix kard well i have intel 750 grafix kard and it kinda werks with me playing league of legends for 40 to 50 FPS so yeah it sucks and i have an intel core i7 2.80 GHz soo YEAH i konow it sucks but yeah im use to it and 1 more thing this PC and the day that i buy this was 2008 yeeeaaaah but my brothers gaming pc is match better than mehis pc was buy on 2006 and he didin;t upgrade it and gess haw meny FPS and ping that he have his ping his ping stays on 70- 75 and im blown away at his FPS his FPS 160 with an oollldd grafix card hoolly sh!t and im looking to up grade my pc with a new grafix card so yeah im looking for an upgrade on my pc sp yeah and i havent use it for a whill and im olso using an oldd as hek laptop from TOSHIBA it hase the same spect so yeah exept the grafix kard yeah my latop dasen;t have a grafix kard so prabably il use my pc if i did get that grafix card and im looking for a futer upgrade on my pc so yeah this is my pc and yes both of them have DDR3 rams OMGOODNESS thay are fast to be full o realy do need a full remake of my pc so yqah im also looking for a futer upgrade my pc and i live in the Philippines so yeah every thing is expensive i cant buy a GTX 980 beacous it's expensive and the tag price of it is 24.999.99 pesos and for a new pc it cost about 55k below and if you buy a an average PC is 39k so yeah its expensive and yes hafe of that money is just for a grafix card my screen is not even 1080p it's 750p witch i can only watch your video for 480 p and you gest it agen screen cos 5k belew so yeah 

Edited by wilhelm187

I have an R9 280. Was hoping to buy one of these soon and give my current card to my little cousin who wants a pc to play Mad Max. 

been using r7 250 after the polaris announced :( becoz i sold my 290x ASAP before the resale value goes down to the  gutter. so gibe nao

Currently I am using a gt 640. I have a good processor (i5 4590) and 16 gb of ram but the graphics card is too expensive and its taking me ages to save for it. Please can I have it so I can finally play most new games on settings that dont make people look lile playdough... please.

So AMD's new graphics cards are here, and they are pretty sick... But what's even more sick than hearing about a new graphics card? Owning one for yourself!

Aw yeah man, we are giving away one Polaris 10 video card and one Polaris 11 video card thanks to our good friends over at AMD.

1. Post a comment below telling us what graphics card you're using in your rig and why you want an upgrade to AMD's Polaris lineup. The two winners will be selected at random, so no, the content of your comment doesn't REALLY matter, but this is more fun than seeing 800 posts of "I want it" or "gibe nao pls."

2. Check back here in about a week when the names of our two winners will be added to the OP (giveaway execution is an art not a science people, so I apologize in advance if winners aren't announced in exactly one week).

3. Check your inbox here on the forum to make sure you didn't miss it. Our winners' usernames will be added to the OP here, so if you have any question about the legitimacy of a congratulatory message regarding this giveaway, please be sure to check back here and see if your name has been added.

And, while this isn't a requirement, feel free to give our friends over at @AMDRadeon on Twitter a follow.

Winners will be PMed from this account on the forum. Please do not consider winner messages from any other user in regards to this giveaway.

Best of luck to all!!

Always loved AMD but at the time gtx 750ti was all that was available to me at the time and the mother board i have only supports AMD crossfire so that would be great...

I'm really into GPU computation and am really curious how AMD will fare with their new Polaris line-up. For a long time, I've been on a very dated workstation using 3 reference GTX 480s, but I haven't had the money to upgrade from this setup. Currently, my workplace is renting me out a workstation, but upgrading would be far more economical. This giveaway would help me immensely.

Best of luck to all!!

I have a gtx 970 and I want something new. Good luck everybody :3

I have an old HD7950 running in my rig, and i hope it will keep running if i don't get an upgrade.

So i run in my rig a crossfire of amd hd 6990 6970 6950  and i want upgrade cause even with 3 graphics cards i am not able to get 60 frames constant in heavy gpu recent games. And i have some issues with xfire in some games, but i would like to try the rx 480. 

I Currently have an old 560 Ti that was bought in 2011 and can hardly run Battlefield 4 on a 1440x900 at the lowest settings. pls can I has??

I have an R7 250X running in my rig for two years, i am having to sacrifice the quality of the games for near 60 fps.

so the new Polaris GPU for my system would be enabled me to play my games with even better quality at 60 fps, i honestly don't care if i only get the Polaris 10 or 11  

Using GTX950 right now, guess the Polaris card would definitely be an upgrade.
May as well be a nice time to switch team (!?)

Currently I have a AMD athlon x4 760k and gtx 970 build but if I win this I will definitely be selling my house to my friend to buy an i5 and a good motherboard to go with it. Good luck everyone!

Spoiler

I got an amd fx 6300 cpu and a cheapie gt 630 as a gpu.. you can figure out why i ache for an upgrade..