AMD Polaris Giveaway

I currently have a GTX 960 and upon seeing the performance of the RX 480 this will be a good upgrade for me. My friends and I are currently arguing which one is better than one another so i might as well get this card and compare the two so we will have our own clear answer. Thanks again linus tech tips and AMD for this awesome giveaway Kudos!

I currently have a gtx 960 2gb card in my pc, but I have a hard time running some of my games like gta V and phantom pain at high settings. Im hoping that having something like the 480 will help to decrease the temp that im getting off that 960, currently running at about 116F at idle! :/ Ive researched amd vs nvidia for the longest time...but im looking to really give amd the chance to really sweep me off my feet! I also do video editing, and im hoping that the 480 will allow me to run my programs better for visuals! If I had the chance to get a beautiful card like the 480 I know I would be forever grateful. Thanks AMD and Linus Tech for the chance to entering! :D

Hi I'm an aspiring enthusiast in the computer world.  I just recently purchased myself an Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 8G graphics card to replace my EVGA 980ti K|NG P|N edition graphics card because it died after just 6 months of usage </3.  

I love watching Linus Tech Tips to learn new things about my computer and how to upgrade, repair, and drop various electronics and electronic components (Although I've managed to kill 5 SSD's all for some mysterious unknown reasons.  I'll figure it out I hope).  At the time, when I built my current rig (Intel 6700k CPU, 16gb ddr4 2133 ram, AsRock H170M Pro4 Motherboard [Please, forgive me for a terrible motherboard choice, I have learned, Senpai!!])  I started entering the GPU world.  Admittedly, the K|NG P|N was like saying I liked guns and purchased a tank to be my first gun, It's been a truly awarding experience.  

If I were to win this giveaway, it would be my first AMD card.  I respect AMD but have never really gotten around to trying out their hardware.  It would also be an honor to be recognized by the the Linus Tech Tips group as they have become my heroes on YouTube.  Seriously, my sense of humor is watching someone put massive amounts of thermal paste on their GPU. It may not have been Linus, but I laughed for hours.

In any event if my comment does reach the eyes of some wary fellow with the unfortunate task of reading all of these comments, I want to leave a heartfelt Thank You.  I love all of you guys working behind the scenes, pulling pranks and giving me the education that I personally find engaging.  Maybe I'll even follow in your footsteps one day!

-Kivfr

Currently my rig consists of GTX 965m so as you can see i use a laptop as my gaming rig and i'm currently building a pc but haven't decided whether to get a GTX1060 or a RX 480 because i'm on a budge. so getting the Polaris GPU would help a lot for saving money or buying a better PC component.

Still rockin the good ol 960 but looking to make a jump to something that can boost my new Christmas build

I have a GTX 460 from 2011, it's due for an upgrade.

My current rig has a ati radeon hd 3400, the power supply would support the new graphics card. Also the performance increase would be nice.

I'm sitting here like all the pople here have nice Graphics Cards, While Im sitting here with an AMD Radeon HD 6570. Sooooo, yeah. I Really need an upgrade to a Polaris Graphics Card because i use it for games, and personally, my current graphics card cannot even run CSGO ( I Play CSGO A Lot ) at 50 fps on lowest settings. Thanks LTT!

I have a gtx 680 in my rig right now, lately hasen't been pulling its weight too well in newer titles and was considering an upgrade soon. Then I can focus on upgrading my CPU, which could also use an upgrade.

Thanks for the giveaway guys!

R9 380. Would be good to upgrade to the next generation. 

i am currently running a 970 but would love a new card for either myself or a friend that is trying to get into pc gaming.

My Desktop is still in working order but i no longer use it for gaming. it has a Radeon 5770HD I plan on building a new desktop machine in the near future. my laptop is my main gaming tool these days with a Nvida 870m.

On 7/18/2016 at 0:59 AM, nicklmg said:

So AMD's new graphics cards are here, and they are pretty sick... But what's even more sick than hearing about a new graphics card? Owning one for yourself!

Aw yeah man, we are giving away one Polaris 10 video card and one Polaris 11 video card thanks to our good friends over at AMD.

So, how do you enter to win one of these fine graphics cards?

1. Post a comment below telling us what graphics card you're using in your rig and why you want an upgrade to AMD's Polaris lineup. The two winners will be selected at random, so no, the content of your comment doesn't REALLY matter, but this is more fun than seeing 800 posts of "I want it" or "gibe nao pls."

2. Check back here in about a week when the names of our two winners will be added to the OP (giveaway execution is an art not a science people, so I apologize in advance if winners aren't announced in exactly one week).

3. Check your inbox here on the forum to make sure you didn't miss it. Our winners' usernames will be added to the OP here, so if you have any question about the legitimacy of a congratulatory message regarding this giveaway, please be sure to check back here and see if your name has been added.

And, while this isn't a requirement, feel free to give our friends over at @AMDRadeon on Twitter a follow.

Winners will be PMed from this account on the forum. Please do not consider winner messages from any other user in regards to this giveaway.

This giveaway is worldwide with no age restriction.

Best of luck to all!!

On 7/18/2016 at 0:59 AM, nicklmg said:

So AMD's new graphics cards are here, and they are pretty sick... But what's even more sick than hearing about a new graphics card? Owning one for yourself!

Aw yeah man, we are giving away one Polaris 10 video card and one Polaris 11 video card thanks to our good friends over at AMD.

So, how do you enter to win one of these fine graphics cards?

1. Post a comment below telling us what graphics card you're using in your rig and why you want an upgrade to AMD's Polaris lineup. The two winners will be selected at random, so no, the content of your comment doesn't REALLY matter, but this is more fun than seeing 800 posts of "I want it" or "gibe nao pls."

2. Check back here in about a week when the names of our two winners will be added to the OP (giveaway execution is an art not a science people, so I apologize in advance if winners aren't announced in exactly one week).

3. Check your inbox here on the forum to make sure you didn't miss it. Our winners' usernames will be added to the OP here, so if you have any question about the legitimacy of a congratulatory message regarding this giveaway, please be sure to check back here and see if your name has been added.

And, while this isn't a requirement, feel free to give our friends over at @AMDRadeon on Twitter a follow.

Winners will be PMed from this account on the forum. Please do not consider winner messages from any other user in regards to this giveaway.

This giveaway is worldwide with no age restriction.

Best of luck to all!!

I have a GT 730 ? and the reason I want upgrade is well... just check the specs of my GPU, need I say more lol.

I got a PNY gtx 960 2gb  and it gets the job done, but if it's true that these are better then why not try to win.

Still rockin dat gtx260 I bought after high school as my "Collage Computer". Was okay for a few years but as of late the directx support isn't anything to write home about, could REALLY use DX12 for those new ... assignments... my "library" has a few "books" that NEED something better then DX10 and 1GB ram...

This rig got me into computer building, (for friends) and I am really passionate to build and mod my own. Just helping my sister and her kids financially as of late so MY RID (Dark Deception) has taken a back seat and the skeleton(which is great, had to buy before case production ceased) is awaiting its juicy innards.

AMD is how I made my friends (Dark Ma77er) and I wouldn't mind a little red in (Dark Deception)---Thanks to the LTT Community, and AMD for this offer.

I currently have a silicon God of a gtx 970. I have it overclocked almost to instability but it only hits 70 degrees. I want a Polaris card because I really like AMD as a company and am looking forward to the new technologies they are innovating

Currently have a R9 290. Would be cool to try Polaris while waiting for Vega.

Using gtx 660. one of these cards would be epic, as now that i have kids, they demand all my $..

R9 270X here, It would be a great experience having these card on my rig for an upgrade.

i have a ge210 for about 3 years now.. just a budget gamer ..hoping to win this awesome card !!!

I currently don't have a video card as a recent thunder-storm fried my gaming rig. Right now (do to lack of funds) I'm stuck using my old system which has Intel GMA X4500 integrated graphics. Which means I'm limited to Solitaire & Bejeweled as far as gaming goes. HELP! 

I'm trying to build an affordable rig with my own money and getting about 1/4th of the price cut off would allow me to build it. On a crappy laptop, need a better computer.

I'm using igpu from my i7 3770k, I'm ready for an upgrade!

I just built my nephew a system that contains on board graphics with an Intel CPU, and all that's missing is the graphics card. he's using this to start producing and rendering videos he's going to make onto youtube.

Or maybe I'll replace the Geforce 670 that's currently residing in my system, and let my nephew worry about getting his own video card.

Anyways long time follower, and first time on the forums.

Currently running an Nvidia 660. Not the worst, but a 480 would go with my AMD CPU. And with BF1 coming out, my 660 might just be pushed over it's poor little limits. That and I'm a bit of an AMD fanboy, so I'd love to say I'm running one of their cards.