AMD Polaris Giveaway

I curently have a laptop with a geforce 610m 2GB on it and it's awful.... I tried to play GTA V on 800x600 and my avg fps are about 15-20. A new gpu would help me build a new rig from scratch easier.

Thanks fot the giveaway.

Currently I'm running a GTX 580. Man is this thing a power hungry bastard.  Its loud, hot, and doesn't perform all that well with newer titles.  I would love to be able to play something like the witcher at reasonable fps.  As such I haven't played it yet.  This would be an awesome upgrade. 

CPU: Phenom II 955 Black Edition @ 4.0 Ghz  MOBO: Asus Crosshair II Formula  RAM: Mushkin Redline 4gb DDR2 1066Mhz  GPU: Evga GTX 580 2GB OC  HDD: WD 640GB

7 hours ago, nicklmg said:

So AMD's new graphics cards are here, and they are pretty sick... But what's even more sick than hearing about a new graphics card? Owning one for yourself!

Aw yeah man, we are giving away one Polaris 10 video card and one Polaris 11 video card thanks to our good friends over at AMD.

So, how do you enter to win one of these fine graphics cards?

1. Post a comment below telling us what graphics card you're using in your rig and why you want an upgrade to AMD's Polaris lineup. The two winners will be selected at random, so no, the content of your comment doesn't REALLY matter, but this is more fun than seeing 800 posts of "I want it" or "gibe nao pls."

2. Check back here in about a week when the names of our two winners will be added to the OP (giveaway execution is an art not a science people, so I apologize in advance if winners aren't announced in exactly one week).

3. Check your inbox here on the forum to make sure you didn't miss it. Our winners' usernames will be added to the OP here, so if you have any question about the legitimacy of a congratulatory message regarding this giveaway, please be sure to check back here and see if your name has been added.

And, while this isn't a requirement, feel free to give our friends over at @AMDRadeon on Twitter a follow.

Winners will be PMed from this account on the forum. Please do not consider winner messages from any other user in regards to this giveaway.

This giveaway is worldwide with no age restriction.

Best of luck to all!!

750 ti

I'm running Intel's HD4400. I want to win because being able to choose better graphics over better performance is an experience I can hardly remember, but I think it last happened before I had responsibilities...

I have an EVGA 980Ti but I've always wanted to try out AMD GPUs, especially considering the high price of NVIDIA Gpus. 

Running with an AMD r9 280, non x. It's dying. Send help!

I am currently using a laptop and i have been saving up for a pc for quite some time. I really do not think that my laptop will hold out much longer until it finally dies. R.I.P in piece :3

lenovo L440

Edited by Matti
forgot my laptop stats ._.

I have the an amazing gt 210. JK, I have a gtx 950. However it is a bit broken and sometimes while under load it just shuts down. But I can't afford to buy it. That is why I want a new one. 

My rig currently has a R9 380. A polaris GPU would help me actually catch up with the ever evolving games that come out on pc. Id like to try 1440 or 4k gaming sometime. 

Currently using an AMD Radeon Mobility HD5800 GPU and am looking at a few different upgrade paths. 

I use A R7 260X and need a new graphics card, because i Can only a few games in High graphics and 60fps

I'm currently using a laptop. It's an Acer Aspire V3-572G-54S6 and I got new for about $580 2 years ago since I was traveling a lot, but it's not good enough for some of my newer games (FO4 runs at 24-30 FPS in Sanctuary with around 200 mods) and I'm running out of HDD space fast, so I think I'll move most of my games to a new desktop and use the laptop for school and some light gaming.

Upgrading from my DStorm lappy (765M) and building my first PC! So far I got the case and an i5 6500, pretty sure any ol' polaris would sit well in my HAF 922 ;)

6 minutes ago, SpaceDongLV69 said:

Men... a lot of you have it really good.. like, there is two people that kinda cant afford it.. I could buy it if its a 200 buy but its frikin 280 euros (310US$-400CAD$) and i really dont wonna give that money for a 200 dollar card. Back few years i bought GTX 760 for ~270 US dollars and i was happy but this... i will end up buying rx460 or nvidia equivalent just so i could play Crysis 3 finally and new will still be out of my reach .. Damn, how pissed off i am on my country

I agree with you but I've been saving for almost 2 years because the average salary in my country 250-300 $ 

I am using Palit Geforce GTS 450, and I want polaris GPU, because it will be very big upgrade for my PC.
I also thing that people who have 980TI`s, 1070`s, 380X`s, 280`s etc are greedy and should`t beg to win that kind of giveaways, because they have similar or better GPU or whatever prize there is. But this is the real life, where rich and greedy people get more and more, and people who don`t have money give theirs money to the people who have. 

CPU: AMD Athlon II x4 631 3.3GHz OC 1,450V core, stock cooler
GPU: Palit GTS 450 Core Voltage: 1037mV, Core Clock 860MHz, Memory Clock 1870MHz
RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 4GB x1 
Motherboard: AsRock a75m-hvs 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600
GPU: Asus ROG Strix 1070
RAM: G SKill Trident Z RGB 3200 CL14
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix x370-F Gaming
Monitor: Aorus AD27QD

I have a 980ti, but my girlfriend on the other hand has a 6850 at the moment... xD

I have a lenovo y50 hooked up to a monitor and a g710+ keyboard so I don't have a computer with a graphics car =((( so I would love to upgrade to the Polaris AMD lineup for my future gaming rig 

Currently have an R9 290x. 

Want RX480 so i can do crazy experiments on one of them.

I currently have an amd r7 240 (yeah it sucks)

I was thinking on buying a gtx 1070, but i dont have the money for it yet ...

So wining a new polaris graphic card would help me :D

omg plz game only run csgo at 35 fps plz give me upgrade

Intel 530...

Main rig: CPU: Intel Core i5 6600k | GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (FE) | Mobo: Asus Z170-A | RAM: 16GB 2666MHz Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 | Storage: 512GB Crucial SSD (Ubuntu 23.04) | Case: Corsair 400C |

Laptop: 2023 MacBook Pro 14" | 12 core M2 Pro | 32 GB Unified Memory |

NAS: Synology DS216+II

I'd love to have one of the new cards because i want to upgrade my pc in the next months (currently using an i7-2600 and a GTX770).

7 hours ago, nicklmg said:

So AMD's new graphics cards are here, and they are pretty sick... But what's even more sick than hearing about a new graphics card? Owning one for yourself!

Aw yeah man, we are giving away one Polaris 10 video card and one Polaris 11 video card thanks to our good friends over at AMD.

So, how do you enter to win one of these fine graphics cards?

1. Post a comment below telling us what graphics card you're using in your rig and why you want an upgrade to AMD's Polaris lineup. The two winners will be selected at random, so no, the content of your comment doesn't REALLY matter, but this is more fun than seeing 800 posts of "I want it" or "gibe nao pls."

2. Check back here in about a week when the names of our two winners will be added to the OP (giveaway execution is an art not a science people, so I apologize in advance if winners aren't announced in exactly one week).

3. Check your inbox here on the forum to make sure you didn't miss it. Our winners' usernames will be added to the OP here, so if you have any question about the legitimacy of a congratulatory message regarding this giveaway, please be sure to check back here and see if your name has been added.

And, while this isn't a requirement, feel free to give our friends over at @AMDRadeon on Twitter a follow.

Winners will be PMed from this account on the forum. Please do not consider winner messages from any other user in regards to this giveaway.

This giveaway is worldwide with no age restriction.

Best of luck to all!!

HD 4350 - (give away to a friend)

HDG 4670 - (give away to a friend)

HD 5670 - (give away to a friend)

HD 7850 - (dead)

HD 8670D - (using now)

I have an Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 sc, now this is a great graphics card but it does not have the required power to be able to run games like GTA5 or BF4 at the best looking graphical settings possible while achieving a steady 60fps. I also have an Intel i5 4670k oc to 4GHz and 16 GB of HyperX savage RAM.