Any other Apathetic gamers here?

42kq
6 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i'm honestly starting to think OP is mistaking LTT forums for tumblr, because obviously everyone who thinks things dont suck somehow MUST be making money from those things.

But it's not exactly a great idea to be borderline disobeying community standards.

I know what you mean.

@42kq Games don't suck just because they don't appeal to you. If they have a graphical downgrade then sure that might make it suck. If the game mechanics aren't sophisticated or complex they might suck.

3 minutes ago, manikyath said:

the thing about microtransactions is that they are an amazing thing if they can boost your own playtrough (tossing a fiver at GTA V to buy that car you wanted instead of a week of grinding) without impacting the playtrough of people around you (counter strike online was the glorious example of doing this the wrong way, with people who paid for weapons actually getting kicked out some lobbies because they were *that* overpowered.)

Yeah well I kinda have to disagree on this since it is over abused in GTA. If you don't pay for Shark Cards you grind excessively.

I only just got my Organization the last week before I left for vacation despite the update being out for like 1-2 months. 

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

i thought i was the only one. i can't find any good games. im not really even playing anything anymore. waiting for bf1, i hope that will be good. 

4 minutes ago, 42kq said:

Now I know you're a shill. Microtransactions are unacceptable in any form!

This isn't tumblr. For your sake, please mature and grow up before coming back to the forum.

Buying a game usually gives the developer 70% of how much they charge for it. And then to allow you to be able to continue to play multiplayer and have support they charge for micro-transactions.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

3 minutes ago, 42kq said:

this is exactly what i'm here for. you need to open your eyeholes and realise not everything new is bad. that's your very problem right there. i've NEVER paid for anything microtransaction-y, but i understand why people do sometimes (like the GTA V stuff) and i see how it can impact a game in a positive way.

2 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Yeah well I kinda have to disagree on this since it is over abused in GTA. If you don't pay for Shark Cards you grind excessively.

I only just got my Organization the last week before I left for vacation despite the update being out for like 1-2 months. 

i'm not sure on how deeply rooted the requirement of money is in GTA V, but i guess it's still like my statement: "you dont need to, and other people paying doesnt directly impact you" and like you just mentioned, servers cost money, they have to have some kind of regular revenue :P

1 minute ago, 42kq said:

Now I know you're a shill.

I'm pretty sure @manikyath is far from being like a fanboy or a shill.

1 minute ago, 42kq said:

Microtransactions are unacceptable in any form!

Because a game dev is making some money on top of the purchase of a game? I think the pay to win method is deplorable.

But it's not exactly a great idea to be borderline disobeying community standards.

I know what you mean.

Not sure how what he said is borderline infringing the CS. I guess you could argue it's kinda being a dick to the OP but still. I don't really think it is.

You don't have to buy Shark Cards. To enjoy online. You don't have to grind if you don't want to either, you can casually play through jobs, missions and heists or buy the cheapest shark card once or twice.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

2 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Because a game dev is making some money on top of the purchase of a game? I think the pay to win method is deplorable.

Not sure how what he said is borderline infringing the CS. I guess you could argue it's kinda being a dick to the OP but still. I don't really think it is.

You don't have to buy Shark Cards. To enjoy online. You don't have to grind if you don't want to either, you can casually play through jobs, missions and heists or buy the cheapest shark card once or twice.

Well he did call op an idiot.........

@AluminiumTech

It's not just about appealing to me. I just want an objectively good game, like it was in the mid 2000's. Critics and communities are all over the place, like cultists swearing fealty to one publisher or developer and pushing their new titles like hot garbage before the consumer realizes their mistake. My first job was at best buy and every week I used to buy a game with my employee discount. I played the shit out of them and still have the discs to this day. Now it's all shovelware, in retail, on steam and especially in the app store. 

I know I should just ignore it, but how can I when I log into steam and I am spammed with ads for crappy games that even bestbuy wouldn't have given the shelf space to 10 years ago. Anyone remember wii shovelware? Remember picking up carnival games or some other crappy game, because you played all the good games already and desperately wanted something new? Remember that feeling of disappointment and distrust after realizing what a piece of crap the game you just bought was?

3 minutes ago, manikyath said:

i'm not sure on how deeply rooted the requirement of money is in GTA V, but i guess it's still like my statement: "you dont need to, and other people paying doesnt directly impact you" and like you just mentioned, servers cost money, they have to have some kind of regular revenue :P

They did advertise it heavily that cash is king in Los Santos and have a lot of things that are expensive but there's some ways to not pay a whole ton of money to R* for Shark Cards or grind. 

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

its been a while since i havent been called an intel/nvidia fanboy :P

/s

and to be honest.. sometimes people just need a baseball bat to the back of the head.

@AluminiumTech

It's not just about appealing to me. I just want an objectively good game, like it was in the mid 2000's. Critics and communities are all over the place, like cultists swearing fealty to one publisher or developer and pushing their new titles like hot garbage before the consumer realizes their mistake. My first job was at best buy and every week I used to buy a game with my employee discount. I played the shit out of them and still have the discs to this day. Now it's all shovelware, in retail, on steam and especially in the app store. 

I know I should just ignore it, but how can I when I log into steam and I am spammed with ads for crappy games that even bestbuy wouldn't have given the shelf space to 10 years ago. Anyone remember wii shovelware? Remember picking up carnival games or some other crappy game, because you played all the good games already and desperately wanted something new? Remember that feeling of disappointment and distrust after realizing what a piece of crap the game you just bought was?

Gaming is not like how it was 10 years ago. Accept it and move on or stop playing games.

@ben dover kid

It's hard isn't it? To let your feelings out and then be shouted down by some crazy fanboy. This isn't the first time I've made threads like this. All over the internet in alot of other communities the reactions have been the same; 'How dare you criticize X!' or 'You're just entitled, now be a good boy and buy the DLC.'

@wcreek

If devs make a singleplayer game and put microtransactions into it then it's wrong, just wrong. If devs make a multiplayer game and want to nickel and dime the consumer by selling potions or weapons or cosmetics then it's also wrong. Tell me, do you own those cosmetics? Really own them? What will happen to your purchases once the servers go down? Do you get a refund? What if you buy a gun and it's get changed severely, are you then owed a refund? Where's the line between service and commodity in online videogames?

@AluminiumTech

Never! 

7 minutes ago, 42kq said:

@AluminiumTech

7 minutes ago, 42kq said:

Idk when I got my Wii back in 2007 or 2008, when I was 7 or 8. I got this one game called Carnival Games: Mini Golf and my 8 to 10 year old self thought that shit was pretty enjoyable, actually if I knew where that disc was. I would consider popping it into my Wii just for the feels. But at that point I was a bit of a Mac fanboy and gaming wasn't like my huge interests.

Gaming is not like how it was 10 years ago. Accept it and move on or stop playing games.

things just change, and honestly, if you look back at those "amazing games from 10 years ago"...

they're all pretty crap compared to the things we have today, they often had bugs too, they were limited in replayability, and usually had to resort to what we now see as very predictable behaviour to make things somewhat interesting.

there's only so much love for the past one can have before turning into this:

back-in-my-day_o_232836.jpg

@wcreek if devs make a singleplayer game and put microtransactions into it then it's wrong, just wrong. If devs make a multiplayer game and want to nickel and dime the consumer by selling potions or weapons or cosmetics then it's also wrong.

I agree Single player games should refrain from Micro-transactions as much as they can. 
I disagree with mutliplayer games more so though as it's understandable why they have those. It's a service that the dev provides that's included into the game and sometimes the sale of the game isn't enough to cover the operation costs of running the servers and maintaining them, etc.

Tell me, do you own those cosmetics? Really own them? What will happen to your purchases once the servers go down? Do you get a refund? What if you buy a gun and it's get changed severely, are you then owed a refund? Where's the line between service and commodity in online videogames?

No, I don't. I have purchased one or two of the cheaper Shark Cards in GTA V, back when I played it on my 360.

Those are the only times I've used Micro transactions, and that's the only time I'd probably use Micro transactions is for in-game money.

I feel the same.  But sometimes ill find a game i love and play it from days

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

9 minutes ago, 42kq said:

Never! 

the thing we're trying to get at here is ranting about it doesnt help.

the devs of these games wont change their minds because 5 people thought pokemon red was the best pokemon game ever.

here's a genuine piece of advice for you:

if you dislike what a game series is turning into, turn around, walk away, and try something different. dont get stuck on things you dont like. instead focus that attention on finding something you like.

and *maybe* just *maybe* if someone tells you you're stuck in the past you should consider you are, instead of going straight towards claiming they must be shills paid by the industry. people have shouted at me i must be paid by logitech to like their peripherals, now consider my keyboard is 8 years old and realise how dumb that sounds. you're doing the same thing. i'm not here to hate on you, i'm here hoping i can stop you from becoming a grumpy old man that sits in a corner waving his stick at the youngsters.

53 minutes ago, manikyath said:

snip

Just got done playing Keep Talking over Ts with some friends,easily one of my favorite games and i don't even own it.

Also to add to the list Undertale and The Witcher 3 both excellently made.

@coaxial
I haven't done such a thing in ages. Last time I remember was when I binged on skyrim.

@alex

Really what kind of games? Also no video games are not my hobby, it's how I relax after a long day of work.

@manik 

It's the current year amiright?

23 minutes ago, 42kq said:

'You're just entitled, now be a good boy and buy the DLC.'

Kek

DLC can be annoying especially how EA wants to do it in BF1 by having the French not be in the base game. But tbh I've never gotten a season pass before so when I do end up buying BF1 after maybe trying it on my PS4 from a Redbox Rental, I think I'd buy my first Season pass. Which again doesn't bother me because I've never had the DLC buying urge or Season pass buying urge but I mean BF1 looks like a damn fun game, and I'll be curious to see how nicely it plays with an RX 480.

My best guess is that it'll probably be just fine looking at the performance of other games like it with AMD cards. Because in my planned build I was looking at going with an RX 480.

But just to be clear, I don't think that DLC in the sense that EA DICE is doing it is cool, because like I said making the French a part of DLC is stupid.

3 minutes ago, AlexTheRose said:

We’re working on a JRPG for the Nintendo 3DS. No ETA though, since it’s still in early development and our team roster isn’t full yet.

Developing for the 3DS, interesting.

@alex 

NDA's I understand completely. 

My talent is convincing people to buy crap they dont need. Not making games, no matter how much I wish. Believe you me, how much my heart drops when I have to do a videogame contract. I am currently working on an ad campaign for a game I know is going to be bad. We used to get small gameplay demos to give us an idea of what the game will be, now we're lucky if we even get a video of the game being played at all and not just ingame footage of assets and other materials. Sometimes we have to work from screenshots to get a feel for the game. The best customers I have give me free samples of the product in question to use at my discretion(all under strict nda ofcourse).

Oh but the worst is dealing with publishing companies and media outreach arms. Jesus christ. There's a reason why my company stopped dealing with WB and Ubisoft.

1 hour ago, 42kq said:

@ben dover kid

It's hard isn't it? To let your feelings out and then be shouted down by some crazy fanboy. This isn't the first time I've made threads like this. All over the internet in alot of other communities the reactions have been the same; 'How dare you criticize X!' or 'You're just entitled, now be a good boy and buy the DLC.'

@wcreek

If devs make a singleplayer game and put microtransactions into it then it's wrong, just wrong. If devs make a multiplayer game and want to nickel and dime the consumer by selling potions or weapons or cosmetics then it's also wrong. Tell me, do you own those cosmetics? Really own them? What will happen to your purchases once the servers go down? Do you get a refund? What if you buy a gun and it's get changed severely, are you then owed a refund? Where's the line between service and commodity in online videogames?

@AluminiumTech

Never! 

Change happens. And this thread has served it's purpose anyways since you won't listen to reason.

Iv had that too recently, less games are appealing. Simply means my wallet has a better time ;) 

but rwally, it just means you have to pick more carefully, and often going in completely blind makes for the best experience 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

3 hours ago, 42kq said:

Why are you so hostile?

E7-8890 V3 x2 , 12TB DDR4 @ 1866, Quadro K6000's + 2x GTX 1080's.

3 hours ago, ben dover kid said:

i thought i was the only one. i can't find any good games. im not really even playing anything anymore. waiting for bf1, i hope that will be good. 

I find reading a book or watch a good movie is a better form of entertainment sometimes.

I really like to go for a bike ride every now and then too.

E7-8890 V3 x2 , 12TB DDR4 @ 1866, Quadro K6000's + 2x GTX 1080's.