Asus Strix GTX 1070, what to do?

Alexaldin

Hello dear fellows,

I'd like to ask you a thing. I bought from an e-shop here in Italy a Strix 1070 O8G, the factory overclocked version on 27/06. Since then, they put my order as a preorder since the card still isn't out. Last week they write me that the card is at the customs and they don't know when they get them. But, they have the Strix 1070 8G, the non-overclocked version, and if I wanna they can send me the non-oc. What should I do? Change to the non-oc version or wait for the factory oc?

You should get MSI or EVGA instead. ASUS is crap.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

I don't like MSI as a brand, bought two of them card and I wasn't really happy with them. Why Asus is crap? I like the look, and since multiple person said to me that there's no difference beetween any GTX 1070 model, I opted for the one I like the most.

Stay the F away from Asus GPUs, they are the Acer of GPUs

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

2 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Why? D:

Get whatever performs better, personally I have had a few ASUS gpu's with 0 issues.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

5 minutes ago, Alexaldin said:

Why? D:

they cool the core okay/meh, but the rest is on its own.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

6 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Acer is not a bad brand at all so im not sure where you are coming from.

ASUS tends to have bad Customer Service, and performance is good compared to other cards.

7 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

What about the strix 970s and 980s? and what is acer so terrible at?

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

3 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Acer is not a bad brand at all so im not sure where you are coming from.

It is the most utter shit brand when you look at laptops and that is where I am coming from

3 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

ASUS tends to have bad Customer Service, and performance is good compared to other cards.

Bad is a understatement it is utter shit, sure the performance is good, but the cooling of everything else than the core is shit.

2 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

they cool the core okay/meh, but the rest is on its own.

Oh, didn't know it. What's the best then?

I always bought Asus MB, and never had a problem. That's why I choose again Asus, even if it's a vga and not a mb.

But, that's not what I asked. I want to know if there's any difference between the OC version and the non-oc version. With the non-oc, can I manually oc it to the oc version and beyond?

4 minutes ago, afyeung said:

What about the strix 970s and 980s? and what is acer so terrible at?

laptops and Asus has only made one good GPU and that is the asus matrix

15 minutes ago, Alexaldin said:

Hello dear fellows,

I'd like to ask you a thing. I bought from an e-shop here in Italy a Strix 1070 O8G, the factory overclocked version on 27/06. Since then, they put my order as a preorder since the card still isn't out. Last week they write me that the card is at the customs and they don't know when they get them. But, they have the Strix 1070 8G, the non-overclocked version, and if I wanna they can send me the non-oc. What should I do? Change to the non-oc version or wait for the factory oc?

breuh your stressing the fuck over an overclock that YOU can easily do yourself on the non-oc version just get the non-oc

Build Name:

Anton

CPU: I7 4790K

GPU: ZOTAC RTX 2060 SUPER AMP EXTREME

RAM: 16GB 1600MHZ

MOBO: MSI H81M-E33

CASE: COOLER MASTER N300

PSU: THERMALTAKE 600 WATT

STORAGE: TOTAL 6.5TB, 512GB SAMSUNG 850 PRO BOOT DRIVE, 2TB HDD 1, 2TB HDD 2, 2TB WESTERN DIGITAL USB 3.0 BACKUP DRIVE

- CRACK!

2 minutes ago, Alexaldin said:

Oh, didn't know it. What's the best then?

EVGA for Nvidia

I always bought Asus MB, and never had a problem. That's why I choose again Asus, even if it's a vga and not a mb.

They are good at motherboards, just shit at GPUs

3 minutes ago, Alexaldin said:

But, that's not what I asked. I want to know if there's any difference between the OC version and the non-oc version. With the non-oc, can I manually oc it to the oc version and beyond?

The coreclock and yes you can just OC the non-oc

2 minutes ago, Savageiste said:

breuh your stressing the fuck over an overclock that YOU can easily do yourself on the non-oc version just get the non-oc

That's what I wanted to hear. It's easy to do it?

Yes, but it is a Asus GPU so the cooling is not good for the vram

3 minutes ago, Alexaldin said:

Yep just download couple of free uningine benchmarks from here https://unigine.com/en/products/benchmarks

do an initial test and note average temp, FPS, clocks speeds and just how well you felt it went then download this 

free overclocker https://gaming.msi.com/features/afterburner you can raise power to 110% no sweat and raise core and

memory 50 mhz at a time then have the benchmarks run for a total of 15-20 minutes and if anything was unstable lower the

clock back, if you feel temps are too hot just simply adjust the fan curve to have it run faster at lower temps. do this until as I just

said about stability do it until you are unstable then adjust it back to where you are stable, relax this program won't let you do anything

that will kill your card. any other questions or want to see it in a video 

Build Name:

Anton

CPU: I7 4790K

GPU: ZOTAC RTX 2060 SUPER AMP EXTREME

RAM: 16GB 1600MHZ

MOBO: MSI H81M-E33

CASE: COOLER MASTER N300

PSU: THERMALTAKE 600 WATT

STORAGE: TOTAL 6.5TB, 512GB SAMSUNG 850 PRO BOOT DRIVE, 2TB HDD 1, 2TB HDD 2, 2TB WESTERN DIGITAL USB 3.0 BACKUP DRIVE

- CRACK!