What is most important to you in a computer? Poll

What is most important to you in a computer?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. What is most important to you in a computer?

8 minutes ago, DXMember said:

how does that differ from gaming performance and compute performance?

Gaming is gaming, Compute performance is things such as calculation of pi, visualization, and server sides. All Around is a combination of the best of all performance.

IM BACK BABY

47 minutes ago, DXMember said:

how does that differ from gaming performance and compute performance?

means it has a mix of gaming and workstation performance

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

45 minutes ago, kurtstir said:

Gaming is gaming, Compute performance is things such as calculation of pi, visualization, and server sides. All Around is a combination of the best of all performance.

you can still have to compute hell of a lot of pies and do visualizations for gaming

just replace all thre of the performance options with TFLOPS

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

2 hours ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Or whether or not you have to call tech support.

Or whether or not you are the tech support cos you built it.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

The most imporant for me is gaming performance.

When the computer performs well in games, it usually also performs well in general tasks.

I mean.. A computer that struggles and locks up while loading Windows Explorer is certainly not gonna work great when trying to load up GTA V.

11 hours ago, DXMember said:

you can still have to compute hell of a lot of pies and do visualizations for gaming

just replace all thre of the performance options with TFLOPS

In gaming you have single precision operation while in computational applications, you have double precision calculation. That's a huuuge difference.

I... I can't choose, so I selected everything. They are all equally important to me.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

18 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

In gaming you have single precision operation while in computational applications, you have double precision calculation. That's a huuuge difference.

TERA FLOPS !!!!!

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

8 minutes ago, DXMember said:

TERA FLOPS !!!!!

Floating point operations aren't the same as double precision floats operation, I think those flops in gpu refer to single precision floats :)

Sufficient performance for all I do with it. I'd have said reliability, but if it has a pentium 2 as reliable as it might be I could not use it as my main pc.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

15 hours ago, GreezyJeezy said:

the dank memes

How high are you today.....

2 minutes ago, 2Fast2Quik said:

How high are you today.....

very, look at my profile posts 

1 minute ago, GreezyJeezy said:

very, look at my profile posts 

Know your limit, smoke within it

To be able to get 60fps at 4k

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

Everything is important.  I need a balance for my main system.  I am a sysadmin, network admin, video editor, audio editor, graphic and visual designer, gamer, photo editor, website designer and host, and server virtualization manager.  My main system has to be agile and quick, but with enough horsepower when I need it. 

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)

22 hours ago, Simon771 said:

So it must be able to run all games on ultra 1440p at 60fps.

It must be super silent and produce zero heat over the summer.

Meanwhile when it's winter, I want it to heat up my room nicely.

OMG YES PLS

1 hour ago, Kimmers said:

OMG YES PLS

Sadly my PC isn't like that :\

It's summer and there is 35°C outside and 37°C in my room.

During the winter it's acctually awesome when you just turn on PC and room gets hotter. But over the summer it's horible xD 

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

• 2 weeks later...

Stability in a computer is the most important to me. Having everything on the list would be cool, but the most important thing in a computer to me is that it won't crash often, and therearen't any unstable hardware (e.g. overheating CPU or GPU).