What is most important to you in a computer? Poll

What is most important to you in a computer?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. What is most important to you in a computer?

In your opinion what matters most about a computer to you?

IM BACK BABY

would you explain what does All-in-All performance mean and how does it compare to gaming and compute performance?

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

So it must be able to run all games on ultra 1440p at 60fps.

It must be super silent and produce zero heat over the summer.

Meanwhile when it's winter, I want it to heat up my room nicely.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

4 minutes ago, DXMember said:

would you explain what does All-in-All performance mean and how does it compare to gaming and compute performance?

I should have said All Around Performance 

IM BACK BABY

me personally i care about value for money. you should add that option in the vote poll. value for money is important for those on a budget but want the best possible experience for the money, all the value for money hardware are in the used PC parts department. not alot of people want to spend over $600 on a PC when they have things like rent, bills, insurance, ect to pay for. though it varies from place to place but where im at most people are overwhelmed with all the stuff i just listed so people cant afford nice computers running the latest hardware.

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

Huh... Aesthetics and Overall Performance are both important to me.

Which is why my planned build is almost at the absolute cheapest point I'd be able to go because of the aesthetic factor that is important but also the overall performance factor. I do plan on getting either a Double Dissapation RX 480 from XFX or a Sapphire Nitro RX 480. But I doubt those will be cheaper than what the current price of the reference card from Sapphire is going for. I don't want to but if my budget doesn't seem to be able to take the extra cost of the 8GB model, I might have to go for the 4GB model somewhat reluctantly because then if I wanted to just drop in a second 480 a little bit down the road, having the 4GB model wouldn't be quite ideal for CF. Though for 1080p until like next year would probably be just fine. 

(Planned Build in the Spoiler)

Spoiler

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($239.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H5 Ultimate 76.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($56.69 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI Z170A SLI PLUS ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($139.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($41.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($89.99 @ NCIX US) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 480 8GB Video Card  ($269.99 @ B&H) 
Case: NZXT H440 (Matte Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($114.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($74.99 @ Amazon) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit  (Purchased For $0.00) 
Monitor: Acer H236HLbid 23.0" 60Hz Monitor  ($159.00 @ B&H) 
Keyboard: Logitech G610 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($89.00 @ Amazon) 
Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired Optical Mouse  ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Other: Samsung/Seagate ST500LM012 (2.5" 500GB HDD) (Purchased)
Total: $1336.61
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-07-13 01:51 EDT-0400

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

When you post a poll and then wish you could edit it but you cant.

IM BACK BABY

1 minute ago, kurtstir said:

When you post a poll and then wish you could edit it but you cant.

I thought you can edit polls?

Its fixed some should be a bit better

Yeah I was pretty sure polls can be edited. I was thinking either it was broken or that maybe you're just not sure how. But that's good.

2 minutes ago, wcreek said:

I thought you can edit polls?

Oh and its now multiple choice.

IM BACK BABY

Not gonna vote for any of those, most important thing to me is all the customization of OS I put in the computer.

1 minute ago, Flavortown2k16 said:

Most important part is saving in heating when the pc warms up the room in winter. Nothing else matters

Hahaha True that.

IM BACK BABY

Oh and its now multiple choice.

Yeah, I noticed that. 

I guess I'm the only one that selected value so far. I'm guessing by value it's mostly referring to the price/performance of a system rather than how cheaply you can build it. Because yeah, I think with what I'm planning on doing could be better on the price/performance side of things but it's still pretty good for what it is.

2 minutes ago, Flavortown2k16 said:

Most important part is saving in heating when the pc warms up the room in winter. Nothing else matters

Ikr, it's a shame PC parts are starting to draw less power and run cooler. It might mean that I might have to use my Xbox 360 and PS4 to get my room nice and toasty instead of using my planned PC to do that. (My room is the furthest away from the furnace and it has only one interior wall so it can get kinda cold in here during the winter.)

5 minutes ago, Flavortown2k16 said:

thats easy just use a radeon GPU and an AMD CPU, room will be nice and toasty in the winter especially in europe 

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

1 minute ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

thats easy just use a radeon GPU and an AMD CPU, room will be nice and toasty in the winter especially in europe 

But the new Polaris cards still draw less power than the previous cards by a fair margin. But at least Polaris and Pascal can both get toasty so I guess maybe I'll be able to keep my room warm with an RX 480 or GTX 1080 without having to use either my PS4 or Xbox 360 or both to be space heaters for my room during our Winter.

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

But the new Polaris cards still draw less power than the previous cards by a fair margin. But at least Polaris and Pascal can both get toasty so I guess maybe I'll be able to keep my room warm with an RX 480 or GTX 1080 without having to use either my PS4 or Xbox 360 or both to be space heaters for my room during our Winter.

lol my dual xeon rig worked well in heating my legs in the winter since i had the tower under my desk and i put 2 120mm exhaust fans on the top of the case lololol. those old Xeons like to run really hot. 

1 minute ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

lol my dual xeon rig worked well in heating my legs in the winter since i had the tower under my desk and i put 2 120mm exhaust fans on the top of the case lololol. those old Xeons like to run really hot. 

I think I might be going for the wrong CPU as well then. I planned on getting an i5 6600K. /s

Unfortunately I hear H440s have bad air flow so it might not even be a very effective space heater anyways.

6 minutes ago, wcreek said:

I think I might be going for the wrong CPU as well then. I planned on getting an i5 6600K. /s

Unfortunately I hear H440s have bad air flow so it might not even be a very effective space heater anyways.

the case i used was the NZXT tempest EVO for that build. i ended up selling the computer since it had memory issues with the IMC and i couldnt fix that without getting a new CPU or motherboard. i wish i still had my dual xeon rig though. it was awesome value for money since it only costed me $300 to make and it had on par performance with an i7 5960X 

8 minutes ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

the case i used was the NZXT tempest EVO for that build. i ended up selling the computer since it had memory issues with the IMC and i couldnt fix that without getting a new CPU or motherboard. i wish i still had my dual xeon rig though. it was awesome value for money since it only costed me $300 to make and it had on par performance with an i7 5960X 

Oh that sucks. But the 5960X is still a beastly CPU considering it's similar or marginally better than two old high end CPUs for being a single CPU. But I suppose it doesn't make as much heat so in cold places like parts of Europe or Minnesota it won't be able to make the room quite as toasty as the two old CPUs did. Well like I said I have a PS4 and Xbox 360 that I could use as space heaters. It doesn't take much for them to get hot either. Just watching Twitch or Youtube on the PS4 it gets a little warm. 

4 minutes ago, straight_stewie said:

Whether or not it boots.

Or whether or not you have to call tech support.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

1 hour ago, kurtstir said:

I should have said All Around Performance 

how does that differ from gaming performance and compute performance?

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K