Nexus 5X vs Samsung S6

Go to solution Solved by dmvdberg,

In a stunning turn of events..... the Nexus 5X it's gonna be then ^^ 
Thanks for the input! 

Hellow from a 99,9% forum reader. 

I have a small dilemma... And with that i mean my girlfriend. Her LG L90 is on the verge of death and we are looking for a new phone (om contract). We're stuck between the LG nexus 5X or the Samsung galaxy S6. Both are the 32gb model, white and 190.- price with the 19,5euro/month contract. 

As an iphone user.... I simply lack experience choosing. So advice is welcome in choosing between these two. No other phones please ^^

Cake or Death?

While I don't have experience with the 5X, I've thought about getting it to replace my 4. I do have the S6 as my work phone and the Samsung extra software is pretty annoying, so be sure it will add value for you if you want to consider it.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Nexus 5 X.

Stock Android FTW. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

None. Oneplus 3.

Nexus 5x has not the best Performance out there. The Crappy snapdragon 808 can throttle quite fast.

But if you want pure stock 

On 13 juli 2016 at 8:40 PM, Darkseth said:

None. Oneplus 3.

Nexus 5x has not the best Performance out there. The Crappy snapdragon 808 can throttle quite fast.

But if you want pure stock 

Like i said: no new phones please.
The oneplus series is a bit to big. We tried out a lot of phones in stores and these two came out best in terms of look & feel. 
I know the 5x is not the most killer phone but my girlfriend uses it for candycrush, facebook, facebook messenger, whatsapp and e-mail. Thats it. Nothing special. So the 808 should do great. Keep in mind she now has a LG L90 ;)

Cake or Death?

Ooh, since the earlier posts I have got myself a 5X. The price for the 16GB model is lower than ever where I am so I took that chance to get it. Haven't used it much yet, as I overlooked that I need a different sim size so waiting for a replacement to come through separately. No complaints about performance from me, and my usage is similar to that described above.

If you don't already have other USB C devices, might be worth buying some A-C cables to give more flexibility on connectivity e.g. if you need to use other chargers or connect to laptop to copy stuff.

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible