Adding a disagree button?

Matias_Chambers

I made a post about this when the big update came out. 

I got a shit storm of salty people arguing why we shouldn't have one.

Overall, it came down to bullying or something. Basically people can't take shit in 2016 and we can have no dislike button because of peoples feelings.

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

I think this goes back to the downvote button (which the admins and mods said no several times when brought up) back when we used to have only likes, I honestly don't think we need one, generally I just reply to comments I think are stupid ant tell them why they are wrong.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Just now, Bittenfleax said:

I made a post about this when the big update came out. 

I got a shit storm of salty people arguing why we shouldn't have one.

Overall, it came down to bullying or something. Basically people can't take shit in 2016 and we can have no dislike button.

If you really think about it doesn't it go inline with 'if you don't have anything useful to say then shut the fuck up'? i.e. don't even respond... Or in 2016 are you still too immature to comprehend that concept?

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

3 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

I think this goes back to the downvote button (which the admins and mods said no several times when brought up) back when we used to have only likes, I honestly don't think we need one, generally I just reply to comments I think are stupid ant tell them why they are wrong.

2 minutes ago, Matias_Chambers said:

i

oops

2 minutes ago, Nuluvius said:

If you really think about it doesn't it go inline with 'if you don't have anything useful to say then shut the fuck up'? i.e. don't even respond... Or in 2016 are you still too immature to comprehend that concept?

I do not understand? Pleas re-phrase. Not sure if you are fore or against?!

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

Agreeing with someone is easy. If you disagree with someone I feel like you should actually say why you disagree with someone and a push of a button won't do that very well.

I once explained to my girlfriend what true love is. I said, "If you were a shit, I'd put you back in" and to this day, she is still my little shit. 

2 minutes ago, Clonzoo said:

Agreeing with someone is easy. If you disagree with someone I feel like you should actually say why you disagree with someone and a push of a button won't do that very well.

Good point, I was kind of thinking the same. 

2 minutes ago, Matias_Chambers said:

Good point, I was kind of thinking the same. 

Then why did you suggest it? :o 

I once explained to my girlfriend what true love is. I said, "If you were a shit, I'd put you back in" and to this day, she is still my little shit. 

2 minutes ago, Clonzoo said:

I agree, but take this for example:

A new person looks at the post briefly

He sees the first post (which is incorrect)

He thinks that information is correct - which is bad

Having something like Superuser/Stackoverflow kind of thing would be good (see pic below)

c66e28adc14b1e36baa97e275ec848b7.png

The bad/incorrect posts go down, and the good relevant ones go up.

Then there is a "sort" button to sort by post date and not by like/dislike.

They have a dislike button in another forum that i frequent and its pretty much just used as a disagree button, i cant say that it works very well, people post an opinion that isn't very popular and they get hammered with the dislike button. I think its probably better to just keep things either positive or neutral here, i think a disagree button would cause trouble :/

This will just be abused to all hell by people who get salty about something. You start an NVIDIA topic? The AMD fanboys will downvote you no matter how valid the point is. You start an AMD topic? The NVIDIA or Intel fanboys will downvote you for the same reason. And it's probably just me being paranoid but I could've sworn in the last place I was at, there was someone who'd follow my posts just to downvote me.

Awful idea. I disagree with it.

iirc we had a dislike button early on (idr, it's been a few years) but it was just fucking stupid. It immediately killed any and all debates and discussion since any comments could be summed up by a like or dislike.

If you disagree with a post, you should quote the post and explain why it's not correct, so that the OP can not only see that the post is wrong, but also what the actual correct answer is.

2 hours ago, JoeyDM said:

Awful idea. I disagree with it.

iirc we had a dislike button early on (idr, it's been a few years) but it was just fucking stupid. It immediately killed any and all debates and discussion since any comments could be summed up by a like or dislike.

No, it was just included as a placeholder in an early screenshot. We have never had a dislike button, and we are not planning to add one at the time.

HTTP/2 203

10 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

If you disagree with a post, you should quote the post and explain why it's not correct, so that the OP can not only see that the post is wrong, but also what the actual correct answer is.

No, it was just included as a placeholder in an early screenshot. We have never had a dislike button, and we are not planning to add one at the time.

add a middle finger button

1 minute ago, GreezyJeezy said:

add a middle finger button

Because that will help people to follow the Community Standards, right...

Let's not.

HTTP/2 203

1 minute ago, colonel_mortis said:

Because that will help people to follow the Community Standards, right...

Let's not.

they will do that instead of commenting bad stuff xD 

4 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

they will do that instead of commenting bad stuff xD 

You've been around this community long enough to know that won't happen - they'll just use both methods of being nasty.

HTTP/2 203

4 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

You've been around this community long enough to know that won't happen - they'll just use both methods of being nasty.

lol

3 hours ago, Clonzoo said:

I think this sums it up well and might as well be marked as solved ^^

25 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Ah my bad, I thought I vaguely remembered one in early 2013.

Although I understand that this will never get added, I will share my opinion anyway.

I think there SHOULD be a disagree button that only counts how many people disagree with a specific post. Doesn't show up on their profile page or anywhere else. On this forum it really wouldn't add too much to argument, however it would at least be a nice addition and no one would be able to complain about it's absence. And with a disagree button in place, you would be able to skim through topics that already have 69k replies and get the gist of it easier. People just need to learn how to take criticism and stop being wimps.

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

Use search next time?

You can read my point in there.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

25 minutes ago, Railgun said:

Although I understand that this will never get added, I will share my opinion anyway.

I think there SHOULD be a disagree button that only counts how many people disagree with a specific post. Doesn't show up on their profile page or anywhere else. On this forum it really wouldn't add too much to argument, however it would at least be a nice addition and no one would be able to complain about it's absence. And with a disagree button in place, you would be able to skim through topics that already have 69k replies and get the gist of it easier. People just need to learn how to take criticism and stop being wimps.

If you agree with me, I don't really need to ask for your opinion. Chances are you have the same opinion or conclusion as me.

If you disagree with me and all you did to express that was a button, then I won't ever figure out what your viewpoint is and I can't use it to temper what I believe. A disagree button isn't criticism, it's coping out of explaining yourself.

And some people who get down voted to hell may actually have a valid point but the majority decided their point wasn't. When it comes to having a discussion, democracy is not a good thing.