GTX 650 supports 144hz?

Greetings does the 

GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 650 Ti

support 144hz? I am talking about the conections because i can't really know if the dvi-d is a dual link or a single link

Ryzen 9 7900x w/ LIAN LI Galahad 240  +   MSI RTX 3060
32GB @ 4800 mhz Corsair Vengeance + ASUS TUF X670e-PLUS

Seasonic Focus+ 750w

It has DVI-D dual link. Should support 144Hz I think but not sure why you would want to run it on that lol.

According to this product page on Nvidia its dual link.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-650/specifications

But... good luck running anything in 144hz on that old brick, unless you play like... pacman.. :P 

I once explained to my girlfriend what true love is. I said, "If you were a shit, I'd put you back in" and to this day, she is still my little shit. 

1 minute ago, ModuleLFS said:

I have this GPU, it has 2* DVI-D dual link. Should support 144Hz I think but not sure why you would want to run it that.

What do you mean? Also great image xD

Seasonic Focus+ 750w

If I recall correctly, you need a dual link DVI, HDMI, or DP to go above 1080p 60Hz (either in resolution or refresh rate) and I think this card has both dual link DVI and HDMI ports so you should be fine for 1080p 144Hz. But of course, good luck pushing any great looking game at those fps with this card :D 

CPU : i7 8700k @5GHz, GPU : ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX, RAM : 2x8Go 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance, MB : ASUS Prime Z370-A, PSU : CM V850, Case :  NZXT S340, CPU Cooler : NZXT Kraken x62, Monitor : Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p 165Hz, OS : Windows 10 Home 64 bits  

3 minutes ago, JasonHS said:

What do you mean? Also great image xD

It's an old card, doubt you can achieve it.

2 minutes ago, roylapoutre said:

If I recall correctly, you need a dual link DVI, HDMI, or DP to go above 1080p 60Hz (either in resolution or refresh rate) and I think this card has both dual link DVI and HDMI ports so you should be fine for 1080p 144Hz. But of course, good luck pushing any great looking game at those fps with this card :D 

HDMI with 1.4b or something like this

Seasonic Focus+ 750w

5 minutes ago, Clonzoo said:

According to this product page on Nvidia its dual link.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-650/specifications

But... good luck running anything in 144hz on that old brick, unless you play like... pacman.. :P 

I play  cs:go and overwatch...must run well..or?

Seasonic Focus+ 750w

1080P 144hz? Just forget it... You need to lower your settings to get a constant 144fps or more. 720p medium to high setting maybe. I'm not really sure though. Launch csgo and see how much you need to lower the setting to get 144 fps, if you still think its looks acceptable, why not? But still. if I were you I'd get a new GPU before getting a 144hz monitor...

I once explained to my girlfriend what true love is. I said, "If you were a shit, I'd put you back in" and to this day, she is still my little shit. 

1 minute ago, Clonzoo said:

1080P 144hz? Just forget it... You need to lower your settings to get a constant 144fps or more. 720p medium to high setting maybe. I'm not really sure though. Launch csgo and see how much you need to lower the setting to get 144 fps, if you still think its looks acceptable, why not? But still. if I were you I'd get a new GPU before getting a 144hz monitor...

Well with an r7250 i run csgo low on 200fps.Graphics seems good.And on overwatch on low is 160 fps.Graphics seemed a little unacceptable..

Seasonic Focus+ 750w

I'd invest in a new GPU before taking the leap to 144hz. But hey, its your choice. If you think it looks fine and you don't mind playing like that, as I said go for it. But your GPU is getting quite old and I'd call it mature enough for an upgrade anyways, especially if you move on to other, more demanding games.

16 minutes ago, roylapoutre said:

HDMI only supports up to 60 Hz. 

2 minutes ago, Clonzoo said:

I'd invest in a new GPU before taking the leap to 144hz. But hey, its your choice. If you think it looks fine and you don't mind playing like that, as I said go for it. But your GPU is getting quite old and I'd call it mature enough for an upgrade anyways, especially if you move on to other, more demanding games.

I have an r7 250 and i just can't spent a lot of money on gpu..because i also need a psu.......and so i wanted to upgrade to r7 250 to gtx 650...

Seasonic Focus+ 750w

2 minutes ago, JasonHS said:

I have an r7 250 and i just can't spent a lot of money on gpu..because i also need a psu.......and so i wanted to upgrade to r7 250 to gtx 650...

Then I'd really consider saving my pennies until you have enough for a more up to date card and a good PSU. The 480 is going to cost $200. 

1 minute ago, Clonzoo said:

Then I'd really consider saving my pennies until you have enough for a more up to date card and a good PSU. The 480 is going to cost $200. 

480? Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuddeee first idk if my i5 4460 will bottleneck it and there will be rx780 when i will get enough money for that..

Seasonic Focus+ 750w

5 minutes ago, JasonHS said:

480? Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuddeee first idk if my i5 4460 will bottleneck it and there will be rx780 when i will get enough money for that..

Get some kind of a job then. Mow someones lawn, paint their house.. I'm saying that neither your current GPU or planned upgrade will do you any good in the long run. And I'm saying all this without knowing your economic situation. As I previously stated its not worth it in my opinion. How you decide to take my recommendation into consideration is entirely up to you. Or you could always choose not to listen to be. I am only saying what I would have done in your situation.

4 minutes ago, Clonzoo said:

Get some kind of a job then. Mow someones lawn, paint their house.. I'm saying that neither your current GPU or planned upgrade will do you any good in the long run. And I'm saying all this without knowing your economic situation. As I previously stated its not worth it in my opinion. How you decide to take my recommendation into consideration is entirely up to you. Or you could always choose not to listen to be. I am only saying what I would have done in your situation.

I am european.If i would offer someone to help they will be like :f*** off xd.Rx480 in Romania is like 250$ with all taxes included and yeah..But i don't plan on playing any other games so anything i could get it's a hard gtx 750ti second hand..

Seasonic Focus+ 750w

I am european.If i would offer someone to help they will be like :f*** off xd.Rx480 in Romania is like 250$ with all taxes included and yeah..But i don't plan on playing any other games so anything i could get it's a hard gtx 750ti second hand..

I am European too and it's very easy to find seasonal jobs that provide you with at least minimum wage (€233) and that in turn should be sufficient for buying a worthwile gpu. Going low end is pointless and not efficient use of money.

2 minutes ago, Matu20 said:

I am European too and it's very easy to find seasonal jobs that provide you with at least minimum wage (€233) and that in turn should be sufficient for buying a worthwile gpu. Going low end is pointless and not efficient use of money.

(€233) Jesus...This is heaven xD

Seasonic Focus+ 750w

(€233) Jesus...This is heaven xD

That is the minimum wage in Romania.

Edit: its €276 now since May.

6 minutes ago, Matu20 said:

Well how do you do it? i am under 18 (15)

Seasonic Focus+ 750w

Don't be lazy, get yourself some kind of a job this summer. Clean up pigon sit or whatever. Then buy yourself something proper. Shouldn't be that hard to get some kind of a job, I'm European aswell, and its not that hard if you only go in for it, now I don't know the market in Romania but it sure as hell will be easier then in Norway.

6 minutes ago, Matu20 said:

That is weekly, right? If that is monthly I am never moving to Romania. Not that I was planning to either, but still.

Well how do you do it? i am under 18 (15)

Seasonal jobs are mostly marketed towards the underage.

Don't be lazy, get yourself some kind of a job this summer. Clean up pigon sit or whatever. Then buy yourself something proper. Shouldn't be that hard to get some kind of a job, I'm European aswell, and its not that hard if you only go in for it, now I don't know the market in Romania but it sure as hell will be easier then in Norway.

That is weekly, right? If that is monthly I am never moving to Romania. Not that I was planning to either, but still.

That is monthly. Where I live (Estonia), it was raised to €430 this year, so yeah, the smaller European countries are in a huge economic hole. I have never heard anyone go by weeklies in Europe. 

ok people,Tho what card are you recommending? I have an i5 4460 8gb ddr3 1600mhz A very poor psu that will be changed into an 

Thermaltake TR2 S 500W

Tho i need first go see what gpu i get...oh and also an HyperX Fury 120gb ssd and a h97m 20th aniversary asrock

Seasonic Focus+ 750w