Is PurePC reliable?

ivan134

Does anyone know who they are and whether they're reliable? I want to know if I should jump off the hype train now. My heart can only take so much.

comment_rNtddnuxH2Tls1DWdhyRwoE82WVhRd6S

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Since my 390 was good for 60fps locked, not sure I'd trust this. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

7 minutes ago, App4that said:

Since my 390 was good for 60fps locked, not sure I'd trust this. 

That relative performance to the stock 480 tho.  Even if this benchmark had a few variables in it, idk.

We should wait for more reviews of course.

2 minutes ago, Biggerboot said:

That relative performance to the stock 480 tho.  Even if this benchmark had a few variables in it, idk.

We should wait for more reviews of course.

But the Nitro 390 they list which is the model I had is way down. So are the 970s. Somethings up with this test 

1 minute ago, App4that said:

But the Nitro 390 they list which is the model I had is way down. So are the 970s. Somethings up with this test 

Yeah, it does seem odd none of them even really hit 60.  Should be taken with a grain of salt for sure.

2 minutes ago, Biggerboot said:

Yeah, it does seem odd none of them even really hit 60.  Should be taken with a grain of salt for sure.

I don't remember either the 390 or 970 being able to do 60 fps on ultra in Witcher 3. They also don't list AA settings.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

4 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

I don't remember either the 390 or 970 being able to do 60 fps on ultra in Witcher 3. They also don't list AA settings.

Best I could find, notice they're knocking on 60fps.

1 hour ago, App4that said:

Best I could find, notice they're knocking on 60fps.

Digital Foundry doesn't list their settings either. Different publications get different numbers because they don't all use the same settings. This doesn't mean I'm arguing in favor of PurePC since their findings with the Nitro 480 can't be corroborated yet. I'm just pointing out that the argument that they're not reliable because their numbers are different from another reviewer is not a sound one. Hell, PCPer gets as high as 80 fps with the 480, 970 and 390.

View Full Sizewitcher3_1920_1080.pngindex.php?ct=articles&action=file&id=230

I wonder if those 480s can hit 2ghz with exotic cooling.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

@ivan134 I'm hoping at least the clock speeds are correct. Would place the RX 480 where it needs to be. Then it would just be a matter of pricing. 

2 minutes ago, Pohernori said:

I wonder if those 480s can hit 2ghz with exotic cooling.

LOL. Pls stahp. We're still recovering from Polaris getting faster with every new leak. If they hadn't released it when they did, we would be at 5000 MHz now. But yea, would be interesting to see how far they could go with exotic cooling.

2 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

LOL. Pls stahp. We're still recovering from Polaris getting faster with every new leak. If they hadn't released it when they did, we would be at 5000 MHz now. But yea, would be interesting to see how far they could go with exotic cooling.

With the 490 being duel GPU, can you smell two 480s on a single PCB? If they really can hit 1500mhz that would be a fun card to own. 

2 minutes ago, App4that said:

With the 490 being duel GPU, can you smell two 480s on a single PCB? If they really can hit 1500mhz that would be a fun card to own. 

I would be interested in it once explicit multi GPU gets to where it needs to be and who knows how long that will take. Until then, I'm not even considering the 490. I would have liked to sell my 480 when Vega comes out and get that instead. If these OC numbers hold true, I'll hang onto it until RX 500 series. My main game right now is Overwatch anyway, and 480 is perfect for that.

11 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

I would be interested in it once explicit multi GPU gets to where it needs to be and who knows how long that will take. Until then, I'm not even considering the 490. I would have liked to sell my 480 when Vega comes out and get that instead. If these OC numbers hold true, I'll hang onto it until RX 500 series. My main game right now is Overwatch anyway, and 480 is perfect for that.

I still haven't picked up Overwatch, need to though. 

The interesting bit will be what the announced clock speeds are for the Nitros. Hopefully we have that soon. 

And Nvidia seems to think multi GPU support is going to get a boost through support from Microsoft and developers. I for one hope they're right. Makes things interesting.