VersarienCu the future of computer cooling??

Uings

seems logical to me if you can increase cooling performance of the materials themselves it will only lead to an increase in performance the new "material" is constructed to have pores to allow for maximum heat transfer

http://hexus.net/tech/news/cooling/60901-versarien-water-cooled-pcs-use-revolutionary-heatsink-material/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2STM59Efn6g

If it was in a system that was pro made then more people would get it, doing a custom loop seems to be scary for many people. I think the special fluid in the new zalman water cooler is more interesting, in dual rad or even triple it would be pretty god damn awesome.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I hope this takes off, if it really can deliver on the promised cooling performance. More cooling is always better.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

This kind of cooling is much more interesting to me on a server farm level, think if they could get similar performance in the close quarters of a server as you do on your water cooler PC. That would be amazing and slash costs.

So they basically made a new high performance low profile waterblock?

arnt all water blocks low profile ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

no, its more about the material which is transfering the heat from the CPU to the cooling-medium,

where normal Waterblocks have micro tunnels cut into a full block of copper, this new design has pores through which the water flows.

• 3 weeks later...

was just about to post this, lucky i searched.

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

If it was in a system that was pro made then more people would get it, doing a custom loop seems to be scary for many people. I think the special fluid in the new zalman water cooler is more interesting, in dual rad or even triple it would be pretty god damn awesome.

This tech could easily be implemented in all-in-one water coolers.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

We're in the future already ? or is it the future that caught up to us ?

We're in the future already ? or is it the future that caught up to us ?

The future is in the past

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

This tech could easily be implemented in all-in-one water coolers.

Hopefully corsair does a nice design, i want a brushed aluminum rad and block for the cpu, that cm glacier thing is nice but only in US.

Listen if you care.

Now for Swiftechmaster to utilize this for a new 240 AIO unit.