LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

It is a nice projector but I wonder how the thermals are on it.

This thing looks absolutely amazing.

In a few years time, when cost dramaticly drop, it is going to be amazing when you pull this out of your bag.

Hi LTT community!

I see that type of projector on YouTube earlier, and think it totally awesome! Why someone don't make this kind of cheap projectors for mass market?

P.D. If i win one of  PF1000, i go to build public game place for anyone in my city using it!

CM GoHa.Ru <3 LinusTechTips!

This is just amazing, imagine it in classrooms or in other situations where instead of placing a normal projector on the ceiling with complicated and expensive cable management these short throw devices could be used for quicker and easier usage of projectors!

This beamer is awesome <3
I would share my bed with it.

This could be great for my new man cave if it works well enough in any amount of light.

This looks sweet! I want to take this out camping and put it up against the side of our trailer! I'll even send in some pics! :D

This project is so Freaking great that it projects image bigger than my wall and yeah the projector needs some batteries 

Regards,

Sincerely,

This Topic Replier

The possibilities that will be unlocked with this thing make me want it.

This would be the *best* for data visualizations. I have a pretty space constrained environment to work in, and not needing to worry about objects blocking the projection would be awesome

Not sure the projector looked its best in the video at 200" when LG says it's good up to 100"! Still very cool though.

This would be great for some garage door gaming!! My 15 year old projector only can do so much.

Just looks really awesome and would love to get 1 to replace the 7 year old tv in my room

200"?!?  Anything over 199" is just plain silly.

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

I'm very impressed with the Ultra Short Throw Optics! I like how compact it is as well! I'm moving in with 4 guys and my roommates and I would use this a lot! 

This project looks badass, The design looks very futuristic. The black finish looks awesome. 

Hope a 4K version soon. The short throw function have useful for small rooms

This projector is amazing.  Good job on the backpack video.

This is great, the short throw aspect is what makes it the perfect projector in my opinion.

What a perfect projector for a compact home theater system. I would love to get my hands on one.

I think that is a really pretty looking projector, I would love to win one :D

Current "Rig": AMD FX-6200, AMD Radeon HD 7570, 240GB Crucial BX200, 1TB Seagate Barracuda OEM Drive, HP Micro-ATX case (from trash heap haha), Windows 7 Home Premium, Gigabyte Angelica2 AM3+ motherboard.

Add me on steam! ExplosiveNight. (I play CS:GO, GMod, and Terraria.)

Follow me on twitter! (https://twitter.com/blake100783)

It seems like an amazing product. In my opinion, projector tech has lagged behind for years in terms of color saturation and brightness, this seems like a plausible solution. Still awful expensive, but compared to a TV, this actually seems like a worthwhile buy. 

I didn't even realise my man cave was missing anything until I seen this!  Short throw projectors are a thing?!

Its like a giant bottle opener with gamers in mind. ive always wondered if a projector could display on clouds well enough to game at night, kind of like batman signal. or LG signal... OR durDulLurdelLurdelLurdel LINUS MEDIA GROUP 

I didn't know projectors could be this good. I have a big wall on my living room where I can use it :)

I think it has a lot of possibilities and it will be very fun to use