LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

I've always wanted a projector, the though of being able to watch a movie or play some games on the side of my house just sounded like the best thing in the world. 

With this i woul'd make my personal cinema anywhere

On July 9, 2016 at 8:48 PM, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hello and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

I think that it's ability to have a decent picture at 200 inches is absolutely insane. I love it's portability factor and its use of a mirror instead of direct projection (helps with angling).

This projector is amazing. I can't believe we can make projectors that project images that large from that distance (or lack thereof).

Solves  A LOT of issues with people being in front of the projector and throwing a shadow on the screen. Looks like an awesome projector!

I've always wanted to have a home theater with a projector, this would just make it that much easier.

This thing looks incredible and I would love to own one. I am truly dead ass broke at the moment as in  I am in the red broke so this contest is my ONLY chance to own such a sweet piece of tech so I will cross my fingers and hope for the best.

I wonder how hard it is to keep the mirror surface clean in front of the projector? Would love to experiment!

Looks like a great option for a projector. Don't know much about projectors, but what is the max resolution this projector this can output?

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

Looks like an awesome projector, I love the short throw distance

Ultra short throws are ultra functional and ultra awesome! My only concern is the dollar amount seems a bit high for a projector only rated to 1000 lumens, but maybe that number is more common in the theater and gaming world compared to in a classroom or office building, where it's usually at least double that. Either way, a full HD unit that's portable and able to be that close to a surface opens up plenty of ideas for possible usage. Added to the wishlist! 

Projector tech and execution is on point, the LMG video was on point. Amazing stuff!

I would love to relive playing games on the side of the house using this instead of a huge old office projector we borrowed.

This is a really cool projector, that could be very useful for small groups wishing to do fundraisers with events like movie nights. It also would be amazing for gaming grand finals with the bros.

I wiil need this to have a free movie theater in my community.

Amazing quality for such a small form factor, need this for my school's gaming club.

looks amazing. The short throw is awesome. 

60" at 11cm is INCREDIBLE, and i would so buy this if, i had the money.

On 7/10/2016 at 0:48 PM, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hello and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

wow

These are awesome projectors. I would love to have one. It would make a good home theater when connected to android TV such as chromecast or Nividia Android TV. It would be a great smart home IoT device in my opinion. Were seeing the next big thing here guys. BTW Your video was entertaining to the point where i fell of my chair. Thank you so much!!! :-)

I admire you Linus!

i have been wanting to get a projector but space has always been an issue...14 inches away for 60 inch screen that's pretty amazing..finally it might be time...

Really cool to have portability and convenience of short throw projection for easy setup. Would make great item to take on family trips.

This is a very nice projector?. It would make and home theater complete?.

I think this looks great, if I could afford this I would love to use it to take advantage of the small space in my room.