LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

This is the most awesome looking thing in the world. i don't think i would use it for gaming but hell yh for massive movie nights :D

looks cool and nice.  Would be cool to set up somewhere on street and play tetris against some stranger.

18 hours ago, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hello and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

Fucking awesome! I have just the right idea in mind for it!

it a perfect product for the people with not a big room but and the detail is just beautiful

if i win i will probably give it to my dad because his birthday is coming close and it will be a nice gift because his old one went up in flames

Well home theater setup here I come ( if I win )

Red Fury: Cpu intel i5 4960k GPU 1060 6gb, Cooling  noctua dh15 storage 1tb sshd 250gb ssd mobo gigabyte z97p-3 case fractal r4 ram hyper x fury red 8 gb psu 550w xfx ts os win 10 monitor lg 25um56 

Like the consept. but i wonder if it needs a power cable? doesnt look like that in the video xD

I could only imagine playing thus in the racket ball room in my apartments that would amazing!!!

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z170A KRAIT GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Case: NZXT H440 (Matte Black) Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

First thing I thought about was Getting Up PS2 title..  Great job wish I could afford one if I win though!!

60155_front.jpg

Nothing like gaming on a huge screen

thanks LG

18 hours ago, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hello and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

Looks like a great little unit. Would definitely want the Bluetooth sounds though.

I have not much space in my room, with this tiny thing i can see movies and streams from sofa with my buddies. Also big gaming center would be awesome with that projector! Letting you know i dont have EVER that much money that i can buy my own projector:(

i so super duper wanna have this thing :o

would be awesome for that white wall in my room i have :D (would have to move some stuff tho xd, but thats ok :P)

Wow, that's a nice looking projector in such a small size. I can remember my friends talking about wanting to have a portable projector so we wouldn't have to huddle around a small TV when we played games together. That was a long time ago while we were still in high school... 

My, how far technology has come!

The projector looks awesome and I happen to have a few empty walls to use it on! :)

Dang, looks like an awesome projector. Would be awesome to have for gaming on the go!

Looks pretty good... need a late Father's day gift. If he doesn't use it, I can just use it to message Jakkuh From Iceland that he is bad, from my wall.

Seems perfect for a home theatre but I can't help imagining the augmented reality possibilities if combined with cameras and IR or props with a pattern.

Looked extremely clear!  I like the form factor of the project as well. 

seems a lot better than the crappy projector i have with only a vga input. 

I can imagine an impromtu movie night. Or maybe the shock value of 'Hey why don't you have a TV?' 'I have a TV' Bwoosh!

That'd be great.

I looked at the video quite a few times and same for the product page (I actually had the video on loop to see it a bit more and give me a better idea of the product). Looking at this thing gives me a lot of ideas to do with it. It would be really nice to have this on a TV stand with a mini ITX PC near and a nice system for sound. It really looks like the perfect home theater system. While he was taking the projector out of the bag I saw that it had USB ports, but during the video it made me think it's only a monitor, BUT it can be used as an alternative for a TV and supports a connection to the internet. I like LG and all their creative ideas, I got their LG G5 a few months back. Looking at the price it is a lot more expensive than a TV, but the screen size can be much bigger. I tried to see what the price would be in my country (Wouldn't be able to buy one of these though xD), but I couldn't find anything. I looked on Amazon and they don't ship this to my country either. However this would probably cost $1600 USD in my Country or more.

I would love to win one of these and recreate my TV room around one of these. It would make everything look so neat if it's setup correctly. However good luck to who ever wins these amazing projectors. :) And remember to project your happiness to the rest of the community ;)

EDIT: I just noticed this competition ends the day after my birthday :D