LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

This would be a perfect addition to the man cave!!

Definitely should be a part of an ultimate setup

I've seen these kind of projector at my local shop. They're a really nice piece if tech and I would really wanna try one so fingers crossed!! 

Im about ready to finish my theater room. Its really just a gaming room but i cant say that without my girlfriend getting mad :) This would be amazing as i haven't purchased a projector yet. Overall i think this surpasses every other projector ive looked at, I love the design. I think it would pair beautifully with my onkyo 7.1 surround sound system. Big thanks to those who made this giveaway possible! 

I've only ever seen those terrible and super old projectors they use in school, so I never knew this kind of stuff existed, but I've always dreamed of using a projector rather than a conventional monitor.

How well does it perform in an office setting. Would love to try one out.

Amazing looking projector. Perfect for those of us who have the wall space, but can only use short to ultra short throw projectors.

The colour reproduction looked really nice and it has some really good looking features. Would be perfect for when I have to move out later this year. Perfect for saving space, and giving a great experience.

Nice LG on your PF1000U. where you can co-op game, and all round entertain. :)

Winners would sure think ..LG 

As a mechanical engineer, the technology in these optics are absolutely incredible! 

I think that this is exactly what I've been looking for. For years, I have been striving to make a portable gaming rig. However, due to many setbacks because of cost, and availability of parts, this has been postponed for many years now. Finally, however I have nearly enough money to buy everything I need for this build, except for one thing. A monitor, or any manner of display whatsoever. Therefore, for my dream to come true, this projector is pivotal. Thank you for your time.

Hmmm why would I need such a thing??? I don't.... but gimme pls :D It's awesome

Core2 Quad Q9400 @ 3.00GHz ✦  8GB Corsair RAM ✦Asus P5G41Tm - Lx3 ✦ Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X ✦ WD Caviar Green 640 GB ✦ Seagate Barracuda 160GB ✦ Fractal Design Define R5 ✦ 1Life ps:jet 700W ✦  

Lenovo Y520 - GTX1050Ti - i77700k - 250GB Samsung M.2 NVME SSD  :D 

Such an amazing piece of tech. Discrete, effective and even portable. What's not to like? ... maybe the price ;)

i think its a great device that you can enjoy while you are travelling and going outdoors

14 hours ago, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hello and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

I think it`s grate. You can take it with you in your bag and use it at any place you need. It has also a nice design and I think it could be very helpfull for oresentations at school or something else. I`m from Germany so my English isn`t very good but I also hope that I could win this awesome thing. 

Looks great for a small projector. A little pricy and I wonder about the image quality but I really like the short throw feature.

Primary PC-

CPU: Intel i7-6800k @ 4.2-4.4Ghz   CPU COOLER: Bequiet Dark Rock Pro 4   MOBO: MSI X99A SLI Plus   RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX quad-channel DDR4-2800  GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 iCX   PSU: Corsair RM1000i   CASE: Corsair 750D Obsidian   SSDs: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo + 256GB Samsung 850 Pro   HDDs: Toshiba 3TB + Seagate 1TB   Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HUC 27" 2560x1440 (165Hz G-Sync)  +  LG 29UM57 29" 2560x1080   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Album

Other Systems:

Spoiler

Home HTPC/NAS-

CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4Ghz  MOBO: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3   RAM: 16GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 760 OC   PSU: Rosewill 750W   CASE: Antec Gaming One   SSD: 120GB PNY CS1311   HDDs: WD Red 3TB + WD 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200 -or- Steam Link to Vizio M43C1 43" 4K TV  OS: Windows 10 Pro

Offsite NAS/VM Server-

CPU: 2x Xeon E5645 (12-core)  Model: Dell PowerEdge T610  RAM: 16GB DDR3-1333  PSUs: 2x 570W  SSDs: 8GB Kingston Boot FD + 32GB Sandisk Cache SSD   HDDs: WD Red 4TB + Seagate 2TB + Seagate 320GB   OS: FreeNAS 11+

Laptop-

CPU: Intel i7-3520M   Model: Dell Latitude E6530   RAM: 8GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Nvidia NVS 5200M   SSD: 240GB TeamGroup L5   HDD: WD Black 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Having issues with a Corsair AIO? Possible fix here:

Spoiler

Are you getting weird fan behavior, speed fluctuations, and/or other issues with Link?

Are you running AIDA64, HWinfo, CAM, or HWmonitor? (ASUS suite & other monitoring software often have the same issue.)

Corsair Link has problems with some monitoring software so you may have to change some settings to get them to work smoothly.

-For AIDA64: First make sure you have the newest update installed, then, go to Preferences>Stability and make sure the "Corsair Link sensor support" box is checked and make sure the "Asetek LC sensor support" box is UNchecked.

-For HWinfo: manually disable all monitoring of the AIO sensors/components.

-For others: Disable any monitoring of Corsair AIO sensors.

That should fix the fan issue for some Corsair AIOs (H80i GT/v2, H110i GTX/H115i, H100i GTX and others made by Asetek). The problem is bad coding in Link that fights for AIO control with other programs. You can test if this worked by setting the fan speed in Link to 100%, if it doesn't fluctuate you are set and can change the curve to whatever. If that doesn't work or you're still having other issues then you probably still have a monitoring software interfering with the AIO/Link communications, find what it is and disable it.

This projector is amazing!!!

It would be the perfect solution for my home cinema in my small basement.

Would love one of these to get my PC display into the living room when friends are over! Severe lack of space in the computer room.

What can I say, this projector seems simply amazing and would love to be able to use it.

I have seen someone with the a short throw video projector like this in their home entertainment. They mentioned  that he has a problem with dust on the lense, has LG got something to help with that? 

have always been interested in a short throw projector and this one looks cool

In that video the picture quality was surprisingly good considering the extreme conditions. I'm moving house soon, and since some of the rooms lack floor space something like this would be really useful - putting one against a wall and having an almost wireless rig.