LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

Its really cool how little room it takes up, unlike every other projector ive ever seen where you need almost the entire length of the room to have a decent image size

I do not see the noise on LGs site or spec list, noise is vary important when you have that 'movie moment' you don't want to hear *WERRR* of a fan. Did LG tell you the Audible Noise (example: 23 dB) for this model. It is kinda expensive to buy not knowing this.

Just like anything with a fan in it, they should publish there audible noise, I suspect that it it was too bad Linus may have tried a Noctua-refit.  

I did tweet @LGUS the question, hope to get an answer. :) 

14 hours ago, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hello and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

Would try and imagine what Crysis would look like when you cover 200" of wall space xD. That would be a real baller right there!

Oh and it looks cool too that you don't need to set it up so far away from the wall to get that much coverage :)

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

I think this projector technology is awesome compared to the classic ceiling mounted ones because it eliminates all the mounting and cable routing.

Looks to be user friendly with an interesting/effective design, i wouldn't buy something like this because of the price, but it would make an amazing night with my friends and an awesome opportunity to make them jealous lol. At close rage the quality is good but diminishes the further it is, but very useful for someone who doesn't own a Tv..... well if you ignore the price. i give it a 6/10 because the price is a big deal breaker even though it seems to be a useful/handy devise.

For me, the shoe box size form factor and light weight of just 2,2 kg make this pojector really attractive. Having a high quality projector with you which works with your other equipment can make your life so much easier as a businessman.......or a hardcore gamer ;)

This is Awesome and would be great for smaller rooms. Would love to win this. Great job guys and love the Giveaways.

4 inch throw is actually amazing.  This is a great projector as it allows the set up of a home theater in small rooms (e.g. older houses or apartments).  You can use the longer side of a rectangular room as the projection wall which would make it like a personal IMAX!!   Also you can mount this on the ceiling to save more space.  Great product.

Looks like a really nice projector and i can definitely find a use for it

This projector is useful for small spaces. I want to do a gaming room with it, and when I go vacancy to take it with me to game in hotel's wall :D

I would bring this everywhere to entertain my friends and family with movies and games when we're have a gathering! sick projector LG.

14 hours ago, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hello and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

This  projector look  cool  and  it  be  nice  to  have as  my  first  projector  in  my  life 

That projector looks awesome. But can I play Tetris with this?

"That moment when you realize Fast as Possible is kinda Medium.. if not slow..But it sorta

has to be that way.. so it's required speed as p?" - Luke Lafreniere

Looks good, I would like to have one and use it as linus did, and for home theater.

I love the concept of a short throw projector and I know LG is an amazing company that has made awesome products. I have an LG G5 and love it and have been interested in a projector. Winning this would be awesome. The quality is amazing and would love to use this instead of my 32 inch tube TV.

This would work awesomely for those outdoor movie watching parties my roommates and I were planning on having!  The projector looks sweet and the throw distance is amazing.

I didn't even know they made projectors like that... That shoot from below the image. Very cool! ^_^

It just goes to show you how the technology has evolved a long time ago I had a projector but had to be so far away just to get a 30"screen. Whether I win the PF1000U projector or not I will be looking into this as a future purchase as it could be a nice addition to my collection. Really enjoyed the skit as well keep up the good work...

Fantastic projector. So many fun options and places to use this

It looks awesome and compact.

It will be perfect in my new house XD...

That is an outrageously good idea, pure genius.  The traditional TV is dead from today. 

This looks like one of best projectors.  It has optical out, ethernet, I don't know about the bluetooth audio output but it sounds like a neat feature to pair with a soundbar.  I'm definitely in for one, once I have the money for it.

It looks a great product by LG, the size of it is good because you can fit in a backpack, it looks well made and overall it looks like a great well made product.