LG PF1000U Ultra Short Throw Projector Giveaway

I think this would be well used as gaming screen on the go. maybe your at a lan party and your friends don't have an extra monitor. just pull this out sit at a wall and game on!:D

This will be great for me when I am teaching. instead of using extension cord for regular projector or carry a heavy short throw projector.

This projector is cool, and very portable. Being able to project from so close is nice for those of us with limited space.

I have wanted a projector again ever since I had to sell my old one to pay for doctor's bills a bunch of years ago but have never gotten around to buying one because I moved into a house that didn't have a place to put one that I could get a throw distance that would make for a decent sized screen.  This thing looks awesome with it's ultra short throw.  I could go back to my days of having a 120"  screen in my house and gaming in glory.

In think it is good for gaming with friends is you don't have that much space

13 hours ago, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hello and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

I thunk that it is cool that this projector coul be used from just inches away not only will this be use ful for gaming but for work as well

It's not a bad projector, and I've owned A LOT of projectors.  The spec and Ultra-Short Throw are definitely worth a bigger price tag, but that is entirely situational.  It has a lower lumens bulb than most projectors I've seen on the market for home use, but is around the same as a lot of portable ones.  For home use, if you have the right mounting, you can get a DLP or 3LCD projector for around 700, which have massively more powerful bulbs as well, many with short-throw lenses to make large screens in small rooms.

Not everyone wants to have to turn their room into a cave just to have a projector, and honestly most people aren't going to be toting it around.  As well, a standard DLP/3LCD projector can be just as portable.  My old Optoma even had a backpack to allow you to bring it with you, and it was quite light.  Overall, it's not a bad projector.  Just being over 1000 at 1400ish, puts it out of many peoples price ranges.  Especially, with a lot of cheaper projectors that are equally potent out on the market, might make it a hard sell.

That said, the life of brighter bulbs is also a lot lower, so not having to replace the bulb for 10000 hours might be quite nice.  As well, you could mount one in even a very cluttered room, or rooms with ceiling fans, without them interfering.  It would be the projector for someone living in a studio, or efficiency set up, or someone in a very small house with lots of ceiling clutter.  So, I'd say it's an overall good projector, but if you don't need the ultra short throw to make it work, the extra cost isn't for you.

I will get another projector again some day, as my last one broke and currently I'm using a dinky 40inch HDTV.  Yes, dinky is what you'd call it after having a 100"+ projection set up.  Especially for competitive online gaming.  Online FPS games are really good for such large screens, for environmental awareness, and even someone like me who hardly plays FPS games online can totally have a stark advantage from a low latency, high screen size gameplay experience.

As well, I've owned LG products before and they don't skimp on features.  As well, they're quite durable, and last a very long time and are pretty low maintenance.  Also, it's about 100 bucks cheaper on some high-volume seller sights, like Newegg.  However, for gaming the Optoma GT1080 is a better option for many people, with a 700 price point too boot.  The LG1000U is a more versatile projector, and that's not bad, but not everyone needs ultra short throw.

Projectors are also kind of nice for people who game in their bedrooms, or disabled people who can't sit at a classical desk to play PC games, or use their computer, like myself being physically disabled.  But yeah, summary, I think it's an impressive projector and seems like something I would get if I had the money to throw at it, and it works for a lot more potential configurations over an Optoma GT1080, as well has is light and portable.  Which is a good thing, in my book.

Edited by Reneta Scian
Amplification of a point

A little revolution to have such a small, but still very powerful Beamer.

Would love to have one.

This would be great to have in my living room considering how dark I can get it relatively easily and would mean I don't need to mount a tv to the wall.

13 hours ago, CPotter said:

To coincide with tonight's video release, LG has given us two units of their PF1000U Short Throw Projectors to giveaway! This will be a worldwide giveaway with no age restrictions, see below for entry details.

PF1000U

Purchase Link: http://bit.ly/29tAdg7

To enter the giveaway:

1. Comment below, tell us your thoughts about the PF1000U projector.

2. Go say hello and give LG a follow over on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LGUS

*Entries close on 7/16/2016. 

The winner will be announced randomly, and you'll see their names edited into the bottom of this post. I will also DM the winners, and they'll have 72 hours to respond.

Thanks Everyone! :) Good Luck!

I think that the PF1000U would look great in my basement with my laptop...

It looks like a very useful piece of equipment for the gamers and the creators. It has such a wide range of uses and is great for having steak outs with your friends at night and you want to watch a movie at one of your friends houses on a big screen. I hope I win this... I've never won a giveaway before so maybe 50th time's a charm?

I feel like this would actually work in my home...

This would actually be really perfect for someone who doesn't have a lot of space but wants to have a "screen" big enough for people to gather around. Such as apartment renters.

I think it is an awesome projector! I would use it to replace my CRT tv...

I'm shocked how big the projected picture is and how close the projector is to the wall WOW.

Shoutout to LG, they make really cool products and awesome OLED TV's <3

This projector is actually amazing being small enough to take to a friends house is awesome I love it

Everything looks great but only 1000 ANSI lumens will require total darkness in the room.

Nice Projektor,

but at which hight will the pictrue be projected?

perfect projector for those who travel a lot, seems awesome that it looks so good.