Deepcool steam castle build

Viewer discretion is advised due to coarse motherfucking language.

All right, so as a preface I know there's quite a few of you on here that are gonna shit all over my build... And I'm gonna defend every fucking choice I made cause that's the type of asshole I am. Plus I'm making this build looking at what my upgrade path is down the road. Now with that out of the way lets get into the parts that make up this system...which also happens to be my first build in 10 years and will also be my first computer since my laptop died five years ago. Yeah I've been iphone'ing the shit out of everything for a long ass time now.

Case- now this is the one of two areas in my build that I can say I purchased soley on the fact that I like the way it looks. Now on a side note I thought I ordered the flat black with a window model, but I was instead shipped the "m" model which is gloss black and has two less usb side panel ports and was suppose to have a 120mm fan in the front but mine has a 200mm... Plus this model has dust filters in the front air holes. I was going to return it but didn't feel like going through the hassle, and I'll probably put my own windows in the case at some point in the future. 

Price - $64.99 cnd

cpu - i3 6100...here comes the shit storm...yep I went with a dual core bitches...and it's gonna piss you off even more as you continue reading the rest of my specs...but this dual core is all I need for now and I plan on moving up to a 6600k sometime down the road. But for now two cores and four threads is more than enough.

price - $149.99

cpu cooler - Deepcool captain 240...yep that's right motherfuckers I put an aio on an i3...what ya gonna do about it eh. Yeah, I was thinking hey this looks cool as fuck and matches my case to a T. Then I was thinking this'll be perfect for when I get an 6600k. So yeah suck it.

price - $79.99

mobo- gigabyte z170mx gaming 5- yep a z170 board with an i3...that's right...what ya gonna do about it... First off it's a sexy fucking board...secondly it's got more features than I could ever need so yeah...deal with it.

price - $164.99

ram- patriot viper elite 2666 2x8gb yep sixteen sweet fucking gigs of ram, overclocked too...why so fast you ask... Well for some goddamn reason an i3 on a z170 with fast ram gets better fps...why I don't know but it does. Plus they look cool as fuck too

price - $78.99

psu- Evga supernova g2 550w... I mean if there's anything you can't bitch about its this...one of the best psu's period.

price - $99.99

hdd- wd blue 1tb...again do I need to say anything here...I do plan on putting an ssd in at some point in the near future.

price - $59.99

Os- windows 10 usb...yep I bought a legit copy...cause all I ever hear is go to kinguin or Reddit...but give absolutely zero fucking help on what to do once there so yeah... Fuck you...

price - $139.99

keyboard - Logitech k360...did I mention this pc will be hooked up to my tv so wireless was the way to go...having two young kids and cables running around don't go well together 

price - $32.80

mouse- Logitech m360...see above...

price - $24.99

now you're probably asking...what about a gpu you've got all these great and shitty parts mixed together and your gonna use igpu...no I'm not going to use igpu asshat...I was waiting for the rx480...but well we all know that that turned out plus the fact that the 8gb model is 380$ here in the great white north and I flat out refuse to pay that bullshit. The 4gb model is 259$ at newegg but it's never in stock so I'm currently holding my dick in my hand at a crossroads. Do I wait for aib rx480s or hope to find a 970 for a resonable price cause they're still 400$ here and yeah fuck that noise. So maybe the rx 470 will come around and be awesome or maybe the 1060 will come out and be everything the 480 promised it would be and more but probably be stupidly over priced cause Canada y'all...or maybe a r9 380 cause those are about 250$ right now...so like I said dick in hand not sure what to do with it.

I'm still waiting for the psu, ram, keyboard, mouse and windows to come but they should hopefully be here by weeks end. Once everything has arrived pictures will follow. But if I get bored enough I'll take and upload some pics sooner.

Iguess that's all for now folks...bring it on ;)

Erm...I shall say nothing with the paring of a high end z170 motherboard and an AIO to a i3...A FUCKING LOCKED I3! (not unbalanced at allwhat so ever).

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

12 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Erm...I shall say nothing with the paring of a high end z170 motherboard and an AIO to a i3...A FUCKING LOCKED I3! (not unbalanced at allwhat so ever).

I never once said this was a balanced build...this was all about the upgrade path and the visuals...is it smart...fuck no...do I care...see previous answer.

1 minute ago, Kyle2202 said:

I never once said this was a balanced build...this was all about the upgrade path and the visuals...is it smart...fuck no...do I care...see previous answer.

i3...i3...i3...at lease it wasn't a pentium :D 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Pictures!!!! 

Power supply came today so I figured let's put er together...everything was pretty straight forward, although cable management on this case is nowhere to be found other than stuffing everything under the mobo tray and behind the hdd storage. The side panel with the io was an absolute bitch to wire as most of the cables running from it go to the opposite side of the case and they're kinda ugly cables, but I did my damn best to hide it all and make it purrty. 

I couldnt post it due to still not having ram...should be here tomorrow... But since I have a speaker I plugged it in turned er on and she came to life, lights, fans and three nice beeps to let me know it's all good.

I've got the front and rear fans pulling air in and I'm using the two fans up top as the exhaust...heat does rise lol

ps...what a sexy mobo

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Well everything I was missing has arrived...sans gpu as I've yet to pick one... Here's some more pics for y'all...the biggest pain in the ass after os install was not having a network driver, I literally had to pull out my ten year old laptop to download the driver onto a flash drive which took about 40 min...so yeah but now everything's good!!!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg