Odd Outlook Express error - cannot type text when replying to a specific email

dalekphalm

Hey guys, I've got a weird glitch happening at work right now:

When using Outlook Express (Windows XP Sp3), we cannot type text into the body when replying to a specific email.

All the other emails can be replied to.

This also happens on multiple machines (We use Mercury32 mail server and have all computers able to access the same email account).

Could it be a corrupted email? Or has the sender blocked replies in some manner that I'm unaware of?

Unfortunately I cannot show screen shots as it's all confidential info on the screen and would take too long to redact :P

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

A sender cannot block or stop you from doing anything with the message you receive.

Since you can respond to other emails, but not one particular one, may be that the message itself is corrupt. Also, format - is it in RTF format, which maybe the client can read, but cannot respond in?

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

A sender cannot block or stop you from doing anything with the message you receive.

Since you can respond to other emails, but not one particular one, may be that the message itself is corrupt. Also, format - is it in RTF format, which maybe the client can read, but cannot respond in?

Hmm well the message is in RTF but so are most of my incoming emails. I was even able to respond to the same person earlier in the conversation. I'm just going to tack it down to a corrupt email and leave it at that I think, as it's an isolated incident.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)