What in the world? Shooting at the capital!!

upliftsleet1974

I live in a police state, where gun law is pretty Draconian to say the least. Possess a gun, it's life imprisonment, fire it regardless at where (even up in the air as a threat), you get the mandated death penalty. Yes, there are murders, rapes, robberies and such......but done with knives and any object that can be used as an effective weapon, but no guns. If guns were used in any perpetrator for any reason, he/she/they would either end up riddled with bullets, or facing death if caught.

Not saying I'm for such heavy handed law with regards to firearms, but it is pretty safe in my neck of the woods. No crazy fire fights with guns, nobody going hog wild and firing at innocent bystanders, zip.....and if you were a robber using a cleaver or knife, when faced with the police and their pistols/handguns, you'd by and large surrender since duking it out with the police using knives against their guns isn't exactly a viable option.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Gun violence is actually just something they have to live with in America. The news is just reporting it more now as it's the hot topic as the gun control movement gains momentum in America. 

Making it illegal for normal people to have guns will solve f**k all, cocaine is illegal and people still get it so is meth, weed, and heroine yet people still get it, molesting children is illegal and people still do it, speeding is illegal and people still do it stealing is illegal and people still do it. Signing a piece of paper doesn't do a d*mmed thing to stop people who intend to do something it just stops me and other law abiding citizens from being able to drop some psycho d**khead who comes into my house looking to rob me or who walks up to me at a stoplight and tried to carjack me. They can f**k of because they aren't getting my guns.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Making it illegal for normal people to have guns will solve f**k all, cocaine is illegal and people still get it so is meth, weed, and heroine yet people still get it, molesting children is illegal and people still do it, speeding is illegal and people still do it stealing is illegal and people still do it. Signing a piece of paper doesn't do a d*mmed thing to stop people who intend to do something it just stops me and other law abiding citizens from being able to drop some psycho d**khead who comes into my house looking to rob me or who walks up to me at a stoplight and tried to carjack me. They can f**k of because they aren't getting my guns.

Why are you ranting at me? I was explaining that it's not a sudden surge in gun violence, it's just that the media has been reporting on it more recently as more and more Americans (the majority, actually) support gun control, as well as the gun control movement really starting to gain momentum after all the huge massacres recently; I wasn't saying anything pro or anti gun control. I could, but I really don't want to debate something that boring. It's like debating religion to me: Nobody is going to change their mind or come up with anything new. That's why we never even bothered with it at Uni.

What will be interesting is if Wolf Pac are successful in getting rid of the legalised bribery in American politics so that lobbying groups can no longer buy congressmen's votes, as the main reason there is no real control of any sort in America is because the gun lobby is paid by the firearms manufacturers to ensure no legislation is passed. If that coffer runs out, things will get very interesting very quickly.

Note: Wolf Pac has nothing to do with gun control, and just want to stop bribes being legal in America, but their amendment will have a profound effect on the mechanics of gun control there, that's for sure.

Intel 3770K @ 4.4GHz (Summer) - 4.6GHz (Winter) / Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe / EVGA GTX 680 /w Arctic Twin Turbo II / 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1866MHz / Samsung 840 Pro 128GB (Steam) / OCZ Vertex 4 128GB (Boot/Office/Steam) / Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2 (RAID 1, Storage) / Asus Xonar D2X / OCZ 1250W ZX / H80i /w 2 x Gentle Typhoons / Cooler Master HAF X /w Pioneer Blu Ray, Aerocool V12XT, 4 x Cooler Master MegaFlows (Red) / Logitech Z906, G930, G19 & G700

Why are you ranting at me? I was explaining that it's not a sudden surge in gun violence, it's just that the media has been reporting on it more recently as more and more Americans (the majority, actually) support gun control, as well as the gun control movement really starting to gain momentum after all the huge massacres recently; I wasn't saying anything pro or anti gun control. I could, but I really don't want to debate something that boring. It's like debating religion to me: Nobody is going to change their mind or come up with anything new. That's why we never even bothered with it at Uni.

What will be interesting is if Wolf Pac are successful in getting rid of the legalised bribery in American politics so that lobbying groups can no longer buy congressmen's votes, as the main reason there is no real control of any sort in America is because the gun lobby is paid by the firearms manufacturers to ensure no legislation is passed. If that coffer runs out, things will get very interesting very quickly.

Note: Wolf Pac has nothing to do with gun control, and just want to stop bribes being legal in America, but their amendment will have a profound effect on the mechanics of gun control there, that's for sure.

I wasn't raging at you, I was just raging, apologies for it looking like it was directed at you. Your right, debating it is pointless and boring, people that don't see the point in owning guns never will see it and people who see no point in not owning guns will never see it either. It's just f**king obnoxious hearing about all this BS day in and day out.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I wasn't raging at you, I was just raging, apologies for it looking like it was directed at you. Your right, debating it is pointless and boring, people that don't see the point in owning guns never will see it and people who see no point in not owning guns will never see it either. It's just f**king obnoxious hearing about all this BS day in and day out.

Fair enough. Although I think it's less about "seeing the point" and more about whether or not one agrees with it. 

Intel 3770K @ 4.4GHz (Summer) - 4.6GHz (Winter) / Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe / EVGA GTX 680 /w Arctic Twin Turbo II / 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1866MHz / Samsung 840 Pro 128GB (Steam) / OCZ Vertex 4 128GB (Boot/Office/Steam) / Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2 (RAID 1, Storage) / Asus Xonar D2X / OCZ 1250W ZX / H80i /w 2 x Gentle Typhoons / Cooler Master HAF X /w Pioneer Blu Ray, Aerocool V12XT, 4 x Cooler Master MegaFlows (Red) / Logitech Z906, G930, G19 & G700

Merica

Wrong time... very offensive. to those who are easily offended

like oprah, goth people, and middle aged white women :P 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

I guess we do that then.

And yes, people always will find ways to kill others, it's just bound to happen.

But here in the Netherlands, where you really have to go through hoops to get a gun... Well....

Let's just say that when somebody shoots a gun the country acts as if the apocalypse is happening, do you see where I am coming from? It is so uncommon here that people act so overly dramatic, I just want America to have that feeling too. That a gunshot is a rarity rather than the norm.

I remember 2 years ago in 2011, in my town there was a shooting in a mall not 3 kilometers from where I live. Several people injured, some killed, then the shooter killed himself. I was in disbelief the entire day and that entire week.

Google 'Alphen aan den Rijn shooting mall', yeah that was my town. :(  

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alphen_aan_den_Rijn_shopping_mall_shooting

While I understand where you are coming from, I don't like that attitude. Disbelief? In a sense, I take that as synonymous with fear. I suppose that makes sense, but at the same time, I don't like the idea of fearing something I understand (i.e. guns). I live in Texas. I know people who literally have armories in their houses (i.e. giant weapon collections that work pretty much perfectly).

Sure the purpose of guns is to kill. But guess what else can do that just as effectively (if not more effectively) depending on the concentration of people? Home made bombs. We aren't going to ban household cleaners, are we? 

For an example, my manager was in California while he was working in the Air Force. One day, he came home and his entire neighborhood was surrounded by police. Apparently, one of his neighbors kids had a basement full of pipebombs and they weren't sure if they were going to explode or not (like, he rigged them to). 

That's when he decided it was time to move back home (where I live). 

You aren't going to stop those kind of people. If they are really so disgruntled that they are willing to die and take someone with them, nothing is going to stop them. Though I see how guns plays into that (an immediately available, lethal, weapon), in that it enables people to act upon their anger much faster than making a home made bomb would, that's what waiting periods and background checks are for. Which btw, I am a fan of.

Outright banning them? Screw that. It won't stop anything. Criminals will be criminals, and so long as that is true, disgruntled people will still get guns because criminals will have guns one way or another and likely be willing to sell them for the right price. 

Then there is the whole "geographical location" thing, in that the US must deal with Mexico (the Mexican Cartel), and the drugs that are grown in the Carribean, then moved through Mexico or over the sea to the US to be sold. We have a much bigger population of criminals to deal with honestly. Things are different here. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

While I understand where you are coming from, I don't like that attitude. Disbelief? In a sense, I take that as synonymous with fear. I suppose that makes sense, but at the same time, I don't like the idea of fearing something I understand (i.e. guns). I live in Texas. I know people who literally have armories in their houses (i.e. giant weapon collections that work pretty much perfectly).

Sure the purpose of guns is to kill. But guess what else can do that just as effectively (if not more effectively) depending on the concentration of people? Home made bombs. We aren't going to ban household cleaners, are we? 

For an example, my manager was in California while he was working in the Air Force. One day, he came home and his entire neighborhood was surrounded by police. Apparently, one of his neighbors kids had a basement full of pipebombs and they weren't sure if they were going to explode or not (like, he rigged them to). 

That's when he decided it was time to move back home (where I live). 

You aren't going to stop those kind of people. If they are really so disgruntled that they are willing to die and take someone with them, nothing is going to stop them. Though I see how guns plays into that (an immediately available, lethal, weapon), in that it enables people to act upon their anger much faster than making a home made bomb would, that's what waiting periods and background checks are for. Which btw, I am a fan of.

Outright banning them? Screw that. It won't stop anything. Criminals will be criminals, and so long as that is true, disgruntled people will still get guns because criminals will have guns one way or another and likely be willing to sell them for the right price. 

Then there is the whole "geographical location" thing, in that the US must deal with Mexico (the Mexican Cartel), and the drugs that are grown in the Carribean, then moved through Mexico or over the sea to the US to be sold. We have a much bigger population of criminals to deal with honestly. Things are different here. 

Well put sir well put...Could not have said it better :)

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!