could Nintendo win the console wars?

EmmaMay

What I mean by "could Nintendo win the console race" is the following, as we know the NES was released way back in the 1980's era, throughout the years they've seen off many different consoles, too many to list, fast forward to the present day and it's one of three left on the market with a dedicated console, XBOX recently announced the Play Anywhere and in turn killed off the need to have to own an XBOX One (that's my opinion), so thinking about it if most of the AAA games are on PC the only thing gamers need is a PC + a Nintendo console (if they want Nintendo titles) and gamers have almost everything needed, so really there isn't any need for a PS4, or maybe I'm missing something, but Nintendo helped to restart an industry and could very well be the last player left.

If Nintendo releases NX using cartridges, then I would say yes.

Cartridges > Disks

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

seems like that only works if we assume that all gamers have gaming PCs.

They might win on the main markets, however, Nintendo cares very little for 3rd World/ Developing nations, The only 3DS I've seen in my country where either insanely overpriced or you have to contact importers in order to get yours. Microsoft and Sony don't care either, but at least they have consoles for sales on most of those gaming/tech stores, prices are inflated, but not that much. 

paly anywhere isn't taking away the need for an xbox. I mean it sort of is but not really. Consoles are very good at local multiplayer.

ny friend comes and all I have is a pc we have to take it in turn or he bring his pc at which him might as well have just stayed at home. Console give him another controller and you're both away.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

They certainly can, they just have to make some right decisions. 

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I feel like Nintendo doesn't need to win a "console war."  They've always been in a league of their own, and even more in the last decade.  It seems like Nintendo comes up with clever ideas and great games and then says, "Look at this fun shit we made. It's not a super computer, but it's fun shit. Come play with us if you like great games and fun times."  

Whereas Microsoft and Sony do it the other way around. "Look at this super computer we built.  The software for it is kind of pale right now, but, it's a super computer.  There will be software eventually."  

It reminds me of the difference between YouTube and FaceBook.  On YouTube, the product is the content/videos and that brings people and their views.   On FaceBook, the product is people. And they bring their content.