Want to Upgrade Mouse - Suggestions?

PhilGoodInc

Hey guys

At the moment I have a Gigabyte M6980X Mouse, its getting a bit old and gross where cleaning doesn't help at all. (scratches, fingernail marks on soft plastic etc)

I am looking for a wired mouse that is preferably a right handed design a over symmetrical/ambidextrous design. There doesn't seem to be much out there anymore as i remember.

I am not a competitive gamer, but I still want to have good mouse that is not going to break the bank. I have bigger hands tend to go claw/palm grip depending on the situation. It MUST have back/forward buttons on the left side but seems to be standard now.

So far, I've found

The Logitech G502 spectrum (ugly imo one of the only ones with a right handed moulded design)

Cougar 700M (looks nice imo but not sure about brand/reliability etc)

Link: http://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Mouse_&_Mouse_Pads/Mouse/56141-700M-Silver?gclid=Cj0KEQjwte27BRCM6vjIidHvnKQBEiQAC4MzrX0jHvNBRsjeCFR6u9U4qxaGribc13yu0yJ6rqC-cwYaArci8P8HAQ

Zowie EC1-A or FK1+ (Both look boring yet intriguing - Unsure about reputation)

If anyone else has suggestions or opinions to help me out would be much appreciated.

Zowies have a good reputation in the competitive gaming community, and i use a Zowie fk1 and it's really good for non competitive gaming also.

4 minutes ago, PhilGoodInc said:

Hey guys

At the moment I have a Gigabyte M6980X Mouse, its getting a bit old and gross where cleaning doesn't help at all. (scratches, fingernail marks on soft plastic etc)

I am looking for a wired mouse that is preferably a right handed design a over symmetrical/ambidextrous design. There doesn't seem to be much out there anymore as i remember.

I am not a competitive gamer, but I still want to have good mouse that is not going to break the bank. I have bigger hands tend to go claw/palm grip depending on the situation. It MUST have back/forward buttons on the left side but seems to be standard now.

So far, I've found

The Logitech G502 spectrum (ugly imo one of the only ones with a right handed moulded design)

Cougar 700M (looks nice imo but not sure about brand/reliability etc)

Link: http://www.scorptec.com.au/product/Mouse_&_Mouse_Pads/Mouse/56141-700M-Silver?gclid=Cj0KEQjwte27BRCM6vjIidHvnKQBEiQAC4MzrX0jHvNBRsjeCFR6u9U4qxaGribc13yu0yJ6rqC-cwYaArci8P8HAQ

Zowie EC1-A or FK1+ (Both look boring yet intriguing - Unsure about reputation)

If anyone else has suggestions or opinions to help me out would be much appreciated.

If you can take the set back, go for a logitech MX master or MX performance. Both are great mice, with lots of features and stonishingly good design. Best mice in the market, but also are worth a lot.

Project "Transcend": i7 7700k-R9 380 4GB by MSi, Z170-HD3P

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $453 ($123 with sales)
  • Games owned: 76
  • Games not played: 40 (53%)
  • Hours on record: 667.0h

I got a Qpad 8k laser mouse couple of weeks ago, had their 5k before and havn't had a single problem with any of their products :D

How about some Mionix mouse?

The Naos 7000 uses the 3310 and has an aggressive ergonomic shape.

The Castor also uses the 3310 but is a bit more subtle with it's shape.

Both have been stated to be very comfortable. 

4 hours ago, slanensis said:

If you can take the set back, go for a logitech MX master or MX performance. Both are great mice, with lots of features and stonishingly good design. Best mice in the market, but also are worth a lot.

Already had the performance MX, upgraded to the Master. They are great for general use and point and click games, but for FPS / 3rd person gaming just doesn't feel right. Not sure if it's just placebo or what, even a basic wired feels better to me.

3 minutes ago, PhilGoodInc said:

Already had the performance MX, upgraded to the Master. They are great for general use and point and click games, but for FPS / 3rd person gaming just doesn't feel right. Not sure if it's just placebo or what, even a basic wired feels better to me.

probably your hand sculpture. I would advaice going to every store you can go to and try out all of their mice. All peripherals, mostly keyboards and mice meed to be felt before buying. for me, a corsair k70 with browns and a rebrand of the (https://www.amazon.com/Zelotes-T80NEW-Buttons-Breathing-Optical/dp/B00VG0JVJE/ref=pd_rhf_dp_s_cp_32?ie=UTF8&dpID=51Q83ZUTdAL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_SL500_SR135%2C135_&psc=1&refRID=PV324E8NEYQR5RXQ4RAP) by a greek company which costls like 40 euros. It is highly about your own preference when it comes to mice. Palm height, clawed or palm grip, it is all about consumers choice. 

Project "Transcend": i7 7700k-R9 380 4GB by MSi, Z170-HD3P

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $453 ($123 with sales)
  • Games owned: 76
  • Games not played: 40 (53%)
  • Hours on record: 667.0h

1 hour ago, Crunken said:

I got a Qpad 8k laser mouse couple of weeks ago, had their 5k before and havn't had a single problem with any of their products :D

Not readily available in AUS, and costs too much to import compared to some other options ($130AUD compared to the $89-$99AUD range ive been looking at) Looks good otherwise :(

24 minutes ago, Jacona said:

How about some Mionix mouse?

The Naos 7000 uses the 3310 and has an aggressive ergonomic shape.

The Castor also uses the 3310 but is a bit more subtle with it's shape.

Both have been stated to be very comfortable. 

The Naos looks really nice. I like how it has somewhere for ring and pinky fingers to rest.

5 minutes ago, slanensis said:

probably your hand sculpture. I would advaice going to every store you can go to and try out all of their mice. 

Unfortunately not very possible. The stores never have display models (apart from logitech because they only sell logitech and razer in regular retail style stores)

I got a Ducky Shine 3 with Cherry MX Browns. Love it to death.

I have small enough hands. But I have to say the g502 isn't that comfortable. Great for gaming - sure but not so much relaxed browsing. My pinky has nowhere to go, ans ends up on the mat. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Should I be concerned about switching to an optical sensor? I was under the impression that Optical had died out and mice had all laser sensors.

2 hours ago, PhilGoodInc said:

Should I be concerned about switching to an optical sensor? I was under the impression that Optical had died out and mice had all laser sensors.

Most people actually prefer optical sensors to laser sensors because of mouse acceleration (My info might be outdated and maybe they fixed the problem).

But with optical seniors is that they might not work on every surface so you might need a mouse pad to have it perform optimally.

Also for a mouse recommendation, the Mionix Castor is pretty awesome. Probably the best wired mouse I've ever used, but the best wireless mouse (if you had an unlimited budget) is the Logitech G900 Chaos spectrum hands down (but your gonna have to pay an arm and leg for it, you can buy 2 Mionix Castors and still have change left over).

Build

Mobo: MSI B550 MAG Tomahawk  ||||| Ram: 32 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB ||||| CPU: Ryzen 5800X ||||| GPU: ASUS RTX 3080 TUF OC ||||| Mouse: Logitech G502 ||||| Headset: Sony WH1000XM3 ||||| Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum ||||| Monitors: Acer XG270HU & LG UltraGear 34GP83A-B ||||| AudioStuff: ONKYO DAC HA200 / Audio Techinca ath-ad900x / MXL TEMPO KR USB Condenser Microphone ||||| Storage: 4 TB WD Black --- 2 TB WD Red --- Toshiba 258 GB M.2  ||||| Custom Loop -  Radiators: 3x360 Rad ||||| Case: LianLi O11d XL Black ||||| PSU: Seasonic X series GOLD 1250w

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9570 4k With a Logitech MX Master

I would recommend the Nixeus Revel.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/nixeus-revel-optical-gaming-mouse-pmw3360?mode=guest_open

Has a 3360 sensor (public version of Logitech's exclusive 3366).

You have a choice of glossy white or rubber coated black.

Light weight: 85 grams.

Rubber cable instead of braided.

A very generic and common ODM shape. Very safe for all grip styles apart from maybe fingertip, the buttons have a bit of a steep slope.

At the lowest price point in that MassDrop ($40 USD + shipping).

If you have any questions, you can ask Peter, the Nixeus hardware rep on OverClock.Net. He responds quickly, is very professional, and personally hand shook and tapped every engineering sample during the development phase to check build quality.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1603230/giveaway-nixeus-revel-gaming-mouse-with-pixart-3360-optical-sensor

11 hours ago, YubinTheBunny said:

Most people actually prefer optical sensors to laser sensors because of mouse acceleration (My info might be outdated and maybe they fixed the problem).

But with optical seniors is that they might not work on every surface so you might need a mouse pad to have it perform optimally.

Also for a mouse recommendation, the Mionix Castor is pretty awesome. Probably the best wired mouse I've ever used, but the best wireless mouse (if you had an unlimited budget) is the Logitech G900 Chaos spectrum hands down (but your gonna have to pay an arm and leg for it, you can buy 2 Mionix Castors and still have change left over).

Thanks for mentioning the Mionix Castor! It slipped under my radar because it looked ambidextrous. 

10 hours ago, nobelharvards said:

I would recommend the Nixeus Revel.

Trying to avoid ambidextrous mice, plus Massdrop takes a long time for shipping