Cheap but good graphics card

Go to solution Solved by Izumi Reina,
3 minutes ago, ItsO3O said:

Alright, thank you guys for the replies, I'll try to start an ultra cheap build, since this pc is very small factor meaning the power supply is very small. This might mean that if the mobo, cpu, and gpu I choose don't seem to get along with the psu, I'll have a very difficult time finding one as small as this one, and by that point I'd rather just buy a new pc altogether. Thanks for bringing the cpu and such to my attention!

Just to let you in a pretty good budget build http://pcpartpicker.com/list/6P2JVY ill prob be building something similar to this for my brother, cheapest parts but still can play alot of games really well (like basiclly anything).

I own this really low-end pc from Gateway. (http://www.gateway.com/gw/en/US/content/sx-series/sx-series) I got it a few years ago and I recently got some medium-end games to play on it. It opens them, but the 1.5 Ghz AMD E1-1500 APU along with its just as bad graphics, Radeon HD 7310, make it run horribly bad. I was looking for a gpu that's cheap, nothing too fancy, but that can run games at decent FPS, no matter if graphics are set to low everything. I don't care for the looks since I don't usually look inside the computer anyways. I opened it and it does have a slot for one, or at least I think, I'll take a picture if requested. Thanks for your time and cooperation. :3

15 minutes ago, ItsO3O said:

I own this really low-end pc from Gateway. (http://www.gateway.com/gw/en/US/content/sx-series/sx-series) I got it a few years ago and I recently got some medium-end games to play on it. It opens them, but the 1.5 Ghz AMD E1-1500 APU along with its just as bad graphics, Radeon HD 7310, make it run horribly bad. I was looking for a gpu that's cheap, nothing too fancy, but that can run games at decent FPS, no matter if graphics are set to low everything. I don't care for the looks since I don't usually look inside the computer anyways. I opened it and it does have a slot for one, or at least I think, I'll take a picture if requested. Thanks for your time and cooperation. :3

i mean you would just wanna upgrade your pc, that cpu isnt gunna do you any justice in gaming.

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

A picture would be nice. Also, you are going to need to upgrade that CPU and mobo if you don't want a bottleneck, it should be doable under $150.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Depending on how it its, a gtx 750 ti or a 950 would be suitable. I can't tell if it's a low profile case or not, if it is, then 750 ti you go.

23 minutes ago, ItsO3O said:

Yeah your gonna really need to upgrade that motherboard, and cpu before playing anything a low-mid tier gpu will do almost nothing.

Alright, thank you guys for the replies, I'll try to start an ultra cheap build, since this pc is very small factor meaning the power supply is very small. This might mean that if the mobo, cpu, and gpu I choose don't seem to get along with the psu, I'll have a very difficult time finding one as small as this one, and by that point I'd rather just buy a new pc altogether. Thanks for bringing the cpu and such to my attention!

3 minutes ago, ItsO3O said:

Just to let you in a pretty good budget build http://pcpartpicker.com/list/6P2JVY ill prob be building something similar to this for my brother, cheapest parts but still can play alot of games really well (like basiclly anything).

I would recommend u to buy a better amd cpu that fits to ur mobo and Gtx 750ti or rx 480 which will cost under $300

3 minutes ago, Izumi Reina said:

Thanks for the build, really appreciate it. You saved me the trouble of having to go through cheap parts myself :)

If the case is very small with half height expasion slot s I would recommend a GT 740 low pro with 2GB GDDR5. I initially ran one in my FX 4300 build. It was a good card, but I upgraded and gave the card to my daughter for Warframe and Minecraft. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TB8XQUI/?tag=pchound-20

61uNBY-wI7L._SL1200_.jpg

413l124Kg3L._SY450_.jpg

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430