please help me out! choosing the right graphic card

mushismono

hi,please help me out.look at those pictures =http://imgur.com/a/EnOJS i have 2 question,

1:if i put in a big graphic card (over 7") will it be blocked by my ram card/slot or will it go under my ram card/slot!? 2:what is the most powerful card around 6.5" !? is there a website where i can see list of graphic card by their size?

if you need other pictures let me know i am a newbie looking for a graphic card just wanna make sure on which one to go.i wanted rx480 but now i am not sure if it will fit or not.my motherboard has no name believe me or not.(acer aspire m1930 motherboard)

Most likely, the GPU will not bump into anything.

however, you should make sure that you have a suitable power supply to handle a GPU, because your case looks prebuilt, and most prebuilt PCs don't have very good PSUs

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

U will be fine with any dual fan design gpus. My previous pc was Acer Aspire M8300 nad it had smalled than mid atx and old mobo. 

I fit MSI GTX 760 in there with no problem.

Just buy new PSU with it. 

U can get rx480 but if u are too scared to give it a try u can buy GTX 970 mini.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

budget? gaming? what resolution if gaming.

no worry i have replaced the PSU already, from 250W to 530W, it still scary as the 'LOCK' or the ram slot is just beside the pcie slot.

@Comic_Sans_MS my spec is not the best,(i am not looking for 4K gaming, only looking to play games like cs go in good fps)
my spec=

intel core i5-2400S
4gb ram 1333mhz(gonna upgrade to 8gb 1333mhz soon[8gb is max supported for my motherboard])
530W PSU
no graphic card currently (intel integrated graphic)

i think thats all needed for specs right? :V

Have you played csgo before on your integrated graphics card? For 4k gaming you may need an upgrade, tbh 1080p is fine and you'll never have a problem with fps and can run lots more games.

2 minutes ago, mushismono said:

no worry i have replaced the PSU already, from 250W to 530W, it still scary as the 'LOCK' or the ram slot is just beside the pcie slot.

@Comic_Sans_MS my spec is not the best,(i am not looking for 4K gaming, only looking to play games like cs go in good fps)
my spec=

intel core i5-2400S
4gb ram 1333mhz(gonna upgrade to 8gb 1333mhz soon[8gb is max supported for my motherboard])
530W PSU
no graphic card currently (intel integrated graphic)

i think thats all needed for specs right? :V

I don't think a low power Sandybridge i5 and a Rx 480 is such a good idea, it has the single core performance of a FX 6300, has 2/3rds the CPU cores and is not overclockable. If you are planning to upgrade the CPU and motherboard soon, go ahead, if not get something less than a R9 380, maybe a R9 280 or 270x.

@Chace yes i am currently on my integrated graphic card,but it is so frustrating as i need to play on the lowest resolution and setting to get about 50-60fps(and also on windows 10 i cannot remove the 2 black bars until i get a graphic card)
i am not looking in 4K. 1080 or less will do.
what graphic card do you recommend me!?

@Comic_Sans_MS i am not looking to upgrade motherboard and cpu :/(because of money),here in mauritius the rx480 is overpriced(365$) but is also cheaper than R9 380,
you can also recomend me nvidia cards ^^, also is my CPU not powerfull enough for rx480? :/ should i wait for rx480 other models like msi etc?

it seems like i completly forgot to thank you all for your quick and informative replys. much thanks you all.

oh yeah sorry I read that wrong. Depends on your budget man. I'd say rx 480 if your in the US but not sure of prices near you. I need a budget.

32 minutes ago, mushismono said:

hi,please help me out.look at those pictures =http://imgur.com/a/EnOJS i have 2 question,

1:if i put in a big graphic card (over 7") will it be blocked by my ram card/slot or will it go under my ram card/slot!? 2:what is the most powerful card around 6.5" !? is there a website where i can see list of graphic card by their size?

if you need other pictures let me know i am a newbie looking for a graphic card just wanna make sure on which one to go.i wanted rx480 but now i am not sure if it will fit or not.my motherboard has no name believe me or not.(acer aspire m1930 motherboard)

If you put a big gpu, the hdd slot will be blocked, so the blocked hdd slot can't be used, but only some hdd slots will be blocked, so no worries.

6.5 inch is the standard size for a gpu. Currently gtx 1080 is the most powerful gpu in the world.

Also rx480 perfectly fits in this case.

I would recommend the gtx1060 though. It is said to be faster than rx 480!

Buying gaming pc on janurary 2017!

9 minutes ago, mushismono said:

@Chace yes i am currently on my integrated graphic card,but it is so frustrating as i need to play on the lowest resolution and setting to get about 50-60fps(and also on windows 10 i cannot remove the 2 black bars until i get a graphic card)
i am not looking in 4K 1080 or less will do.
what graphic card do you recommend me!?

@Comic_Sans_MS i am not looking to upgrade motherboard and cpu :/(because of money),here in mauritius the rx480 is overpriced(365$) but is also cheaper than R9 380,
you can also recomend me nvidia cards ^^, also is my CPU not powerfull enough for rx480? :/

I think your CPU will bottleneck the RX 480 in a lot of games.

Some good Nvidia GPUs are the GTX 950, GTX 760, GTX 960,and GTX 770.

Some good AMD GPUs are the R9 270x, HD 7950, R9 280, R9 285, R9 380, HD 7970 and R9 280x.

AMD doesn't make the HD 7xxx series or the Rx 2xx series, Nvidia doesn't make the GTX 7xx series anymore, but they are good used cards if you want as cheap as possible. 

2 minutes ago, RedLineGamer said:

I would recommend the gtx1060 though. It is said to be faster than rx 480!

We don't know anything yet. I wouldn't listen to all the rumors and hype like the rx 480 was. Left many disappointed when it was what they told us from the start. But yes if your not in an urgent rush wait for 1060 and see what it brings to the table.

@Chace 283$ or less, i am a newbie i do not really know graphic cards and their price.i wanted rx480 because it is so recent,only 150w needed and have a good price.

@RedLineGamer i am aware of that thats why i restricted myself to 9.5" (i have an ssd in the hdd braket so i cannot remove it :()

6.5" is good enough for standard gpu!?  but rx480 even is bigger than my restricted 9.5" -_- i have to wait for 3rd party rx480 to see if theres one small enough.
@comic_sans_mc thank you for your recommendations, in my country GTX 950 is at  226 $ is that a good deal? i was really considering the rx480 but now you scaring me if my cpu cannot handle it >.<

i think i will just stall and wait for 3rd party rx480 and gtx1060 to come out. 

GTX 960 2gb at 272$ good deal? everything is overpriced in my country arg 

@Chace us dollar,i live in mauritius and we use rupee (mur) so i use google to convert MUR to USD

here is a shop in mauritius.
http://prntscr.com/bo7zep
convert from mur to usd in google ^^ so overpriced

5 minutes ago, mushismono said:

GTX 950 is at  226 $

if we are talking usd thats crap but i'm not sure of your currency. Where are you living?

2 minutes ago, mushismono said:

everything is overpriced in my country

mate unless you live in the us every other country will have it more expensive, no matter how major of a country you are.

Don't do a straight conversion it never is a straight conversion. America adds tax on after that so if your anything like Australia you can expect a big price difference. eg. 230USD rx 480 8gb converts to abut 300AUD but in stores sells for $400.

@Chace no need to spend your time. i think i will just wait this out.!
thank you all for reply!
much love!
<3

its alright, don't do conversions when asking as it never is a straight up conversion. Just a tip I learnt