New AAA Titles - Is this good enough?

dylanmoody

I just bought my new PC a few weeks ago and all of my specs are in my signature and I am playing on a 60 hz 1080p monitor and I am currently getting 150 fps on max settings on games like BF4 and Medal of Honor Warfighter, should I be good for new games that are coming out in the next year or two like BF1, Titanfall 2, and the like? To play on max settings I mean.

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K @ 3.3 GHZ GPU: MSI GTX 980 OCV1 4GB RAM: Avexir Core Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 PSU: Cougar SL600 600W Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS ATX LGA2011-3 Case: Rosewill Stryker M Mid Tower Storage: ADATA 240GB SSD, Toshiba 3 TB 7200 RPM HDD

3 minutes ago, dylanmoody said:

I just bought my new PC a few weeks ago and all of my specs are in my signature and I am playing on a 60 hz 1080p monitor and I am currently getting 150 fps on max settings on games like BF4 and Medal of Honor Warfighter, should I be good for new games that are coming out in the next year or two like BF1, Titanfall 2, and the like? To play on max settings I mean.

Max settings? Maybe? I'd think more high, very high.

On 1080p i would think you would have enough for max or close to max setting. but you can't really tell until the games come out unfortunately.

Error 404 humor not found.

You should be good for a while, but like SukaroBlue said, you never know what games will come out and how much more power they will need even at 1080p@60Hz.

Yes? of course :P The GTX 980 will play games on 1080p maxed out at 60fps ez pz. Maybe one some insane games you will have to turn down some weird settings, but you'll be fine for the time to come.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

12 minutes ago, dylanmoody said:

you have a 980

yeah

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

If you overclock your GTX 980, then you'll be good for a while, but you'll still have to turn down AA or maybe some other things in some games, like maybe Assassin's Creed Syndicate, or Witcher 3. You GTX 980 will be able to play games at very high or max settings in 1080p for a while, but over the next couple of years there will be more and more games that need something lowered in its settings to run at a constant 60 FPS.

I think you will have no problem with games like Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2. Both those games are heavily console-focused in their designs, and so are conservative with the amount of polygonal detail within a scene. And I know DICE's Frostbite engine is very well optimized, and DICE's Battlefront runs great on moderate PC hardware - and Battlefield 1 will probably be the same.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987